The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Memory Leaks

Nibelung

Recently I've noted that the longer you play the more errors crop up I think this maybe due to memory leaks.  Earlier today I was playing through multiple levels farming materials for the Rhino when I noticed that certain low memory items were starting to disappear from the game.  One such example is that all other sounds were still playing on the Hek shotgun however there was no longer a reload sound and this error persisted over multiple levels which leads me to believe that it's not a particular level but the game engine (potentially) itself.  Towards approximately the 4-5 hour mark lotus' picture would pop up but her sound files wouldn't trigger.   Also around this point I noticed that the modules from certain enemies (Ex. Crawlers of various varieties) Would fall through the map and disappear.  I'll continue to add to this topic as I find potential leaks.

System Specs:

Core I7-3630QM @ 2.4GHz

12.0GB RAM

Core I7-3630QM @ 2.4GHz

12.0GB

Sound blaster Recon3Di

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

Killer Wireless-N1202

If I've missed anything that could be useful as far as hardware and SW goes just let me know.

OS, 32/64 bit, driver version #'s.  Also photos/videos are worth a thousand words.

Hi Nibelung, is there any chance you could submit a support ticket with an EE log and a copy of your dxdiag? This could help us narrow down what exactly is going on with the engine when the issue occurs, as well as give us a detailed look at your system specs.

Ideally it would be best if you used an EE log that was retrieved immediately after you have had this issue occur.

Your EE.log can be found at the following location:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe

To retrieve your dxdiag simply follow these steps:
1. Hold down Win + R
2. Type "dxdiag" and click "OK" 
3. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice 

Once you have your log / dxdiag then please submit a ticket to http://support.warframe.com/
Hopefully we can track down what is happening and remedy the situation as quickly as possible.
Edited by DE_Dmitri

Okay as soon as I can get it to duplicate I'll collect the log information, I haven't been able to up to this point so I'm wondering if it was some kind of anomalous issue on my end that may have been remedied by running system mechanic.  Today will be the first time I'll have enough time in one place to run any kind of memory stress on my computer so hopefully I'll be able to get the log info today.

Hi Nibelung, it looks like you sent us two copies of your DxDiag but no copies of your EE log. Could you please attach that to your ticket as well?

Your EE.log can be found at the following location:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe

Additionally, it looks like you may be using a video card that is not currently supposed by Warframe.
Please take a look at the system requirements located at the bottom of https://warframe.com/faq
Edited by DE_Dmitri

I found out that when you first start up warframe. and look at the menu screen i got around 430-460 fps. but after i played a few missions and stuff and log out to get back to the login screen. i get only around 330 fps.

this doesn't happen if i just log in and log out immediately again.