Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make "aim Weapon" A First Person View.

Oizen

they just need to make the camera respond to your model. as it gets close or your view is blocked by it you go transparent.

"over the shoulder" cam is kinda neat and it makes it feel more intense as your frame staggers or reacts to recoil. but yeah we kinda need to see stuff, even when next to terrain :/

they just need to make the camera respond to your model. as it gets close or your view is blocked by it you go transparent. "over the shoulder" cam is kinda neat and it makes it feel more intense as your frame staggers or reacts to recoil. but yeah we kinda need to see stuff, even when next to terrain :/

This would work, but I think a first person view when holding down right click would be the easiest solution.

I'd even prefer a first person view to a 3rd one with aim weapon when its working, as your character model does tend to cover up half the screen with it.

But the camera gets hung up on things way too easily as it is right now.

This would work, but I think a first person view when holding down right click would be the easiest solution.

I'd even prefer a first person view to a 3rd one with aim weapon when its working, as your character model does tend to cover up half the screen with it.

But the camera gets hung up on things way too easily as it is right now.

i kinda imagined it as your frame going transparent as you go in and more so as your view is blocked more. so that even in normal zoom your visibility would be better than it is right now.personally i wouldn't want first person view at all times. it would kill some of the games feel. things just have more impact when you can see their effect. i wouldn't feel like a stompy rhino if he disappeared from view constantly or things happened to him and i was ripped out of FPV unexpectedly.

just my opinion. i can fully agree with the current situation being a problem, and some fix would be welcome.

Edited by MetalGerbil

Agreed on the toggle option, but I'd recommend a key dedicated to first person aiming to be accessed ingame.  That way, players can access both anytime during missions that may benefit depending on the weapon, enemy, or terrain in much the same way Metal Gear Solid 4 allows a first person "Doom center gun" style camera in tandem with its more commonly used third person gun camera.

I think you guys underestimate the amount of new art assets and animations that would be needed for a first person view. 

I think you fail to realize that in a modern game engine, you don't necessarily have to make new art assets for first-person mode. You can stick the camera onto the player's face or chin (unrealistic, but works better for this) and let the world animations to the job. This works very well in Saint's Row the 3rd, and also in GTA IV. It isn't perfect, but then, those are just mods, too.

While I would *love* this option, I do think it needs to *be* an option. I have always preferred when games allow me to pick between 1st and 3rd person. The Elder Scrolls games are a great example of where that's convenient -- third-person for combat, first-person for sniping and looting. It's pretty much optimal.