The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Vs. Nyx & Platinum Question

Kheim

Trinity Vs. Nyx

So I have finally built my Trinity and Nyx is on the way! But as far as giving one of them my Orokin reactor, I am stuck. You see originally I was going for the whole support other players thing, but after seeing the abilities of Nyx and her usefulness in many battles I began to have split thoughts on which I actually prefer. On one hand I have a full on support warframe capable of saving struggling teams in frisky situations, whereas Nyx having full control of her psychic abilities can easily turn the tide on many battle, more or less towards the infected faction. So what do you guys think? Should I go support with a Trinity or just be a total badass with Nyx? Both playing styles for each warframe suit me so I am very willing to go with either one, I would just like to see some comparing between them.

Platinum in the Future

So many have questioned the price of the platinum to cost ratio, and I tend to agree it is on the more expensive side. It costs a minimum of $15 to build ONE warframe. To some that may seem reasonable, but I would be content with a bit more. I realize if this may come off as a bit selfish for asking for more. But this is simply a theoretical question here. If in the case the devs were to maybe increase the amount of platinum for each purchase, do you think that for those who purchased platinum prior to this "maybe decision" would get the correct amount of platinum back to avoid unfairness?

Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to read this and give your opinion on the matter, I really appreciate it!

I don't know enough to answer your first question but for the second, I would assume they would do something to try to accommodate everyone. At the moment, the Platinum you get from Founder's Packages is discounted. Quite a bit in the higher tiers. Just something to consider. Plus, you can test things with the Platinum then do the reset and go with the one you liked best. That's what I'm doing. For weapons too. Can't wait for the reset. Good luck choosing which frame. I'm having a similar issue with that :)

Edited by 7.T.

I don't know enough to answer your first question but for the second, the Platinum you get from Founder's Packages is discounted. Quite a bit in the higher tiers. Just something to consider. Good luck choosing which frame. I'm having a similar issue with that :)

Thanks for the answer! And to clarify, does the discount increase the higher a founder you are?

(Masters get a lower discount than Grand Masters).

Thanks for the answer! And to clarify, does the discount increase the higher a founder you are?

(Masters get a lower discount than Grand Masters).

Yeah, it seems to be an exponential discount the higher you go. I'm just guessing so don't quote me on that. The difference between Disciple and Hunter is $30 with a difference of 870 Platinum. If you go Platinum only, currently $30 will get you 570 Platinum.

By the way, I edited my first post do give a little more complete reply :) And I'd go for which one you think looks cooler if you still can't decide after testing. Of course you can eventually get all of them but I understand wanting to stick to one at a time.

Edited by 7.T.

Unless you're doing wave 20+ on Xini defense or other high-end systems, you will be pretty disappointed with Nyx. Her powers are more than fine, but the damage players can deal to enemies, be it weapons or Ultimates, just makes Nyx Chaos & Mind Control useless on most missions.

IE: you just confused that group of 20+ grineers coming your way from a room, and Banshee drops Sound Quake. You casting or not casting that Chaos would have no impact on end result due to Banshee using the Ultimate.

Trinity is a great addition on any high-end missions, especially Boss / Defense maps.

I'd say go with Trinity for reactor, Nyx can be a Chaos bot without 60 mod capacity, all you need is maxed chaos, flow, streamline, some shield and hp :)

Yeah, it seems to be an exponential discount the higher you go.

By the way, I edited my first post do give a little more complete reply :) And I'd go for which one you think looks cooler if you still can't decide after testing. Of course you can eventually get all of them but I understand wanting to stick to one at a time.

I saw! But I've always thought that reset literally restarted everything, (Mods, Weapons obtained, warframes) Im probably really missing something here -__-

Unless you're doing wave 20+ on Xini defense or other high-end systems, you will be pretty disappointed with Nyx. Her powers are more than fine, but the damage players can deal to enemies, be it weapons or Ultimates, just makes Nyx Chaos & Mind Control useless on most missions.

IE: you just confused that group of 20+ grineers coming your way from a room, and Banshee drops Sound Quake. You casting or not casting that Chaos would have no impact on end result due to Banshee using the Ultimate.

Trinity is a great addition on any high-end missions, especially Boss / Defense maps.

I'd say go with Trinity for reactor, Nyx can be a Chaos bot without 60 mod capacity, all you need is maxed chaos, flow, streamline, some shield and hp :)

Thank you! that's almost exactly what I needed to hear! I wasn't really sure if I would be the player where people go "Yes! we got a Trinity/Nyx! We're gonna bone!!!" or not if I chose one of them to be my main. But according to your description, I do believe that Trinity will be a better way for me to go here. Thanks for the reply!

I saw! But I've always thought that reset literally restarted everything, (Mods, Weapons obtained, warframes) Im probably really missing something here -__-

Yes and no. You get back all promo items such as Vandal weapons, Prime frame and weapons, and all the Platinum you bought up to the time of the reset. Everything else is wiped

Edited by 7.T.

No.

No mods, no weapons, no warframes, no reactors, no resources, no credits.

Only reset if you are 100% sure you want to start all over again.

Think how many hours you spent farming X boss for BP drops. Then resources. Credits. Good you have your warframe / weapons, how about some mods now? Are you willing to depart with those maxed out mods which took you hundreds of fusions and millions of credits? :)

And the warframes Ive spent a good week on making, they would stay as well?

No, sorry. They would be gone. Only the things I mentioned will remain. I've spent a lot of time on 4 frames and items and I still plan to use the reset because now I know what I like and can spend my Platinum and the credits I'll earn in my new game on exactly the things I know I want.

Edited by 7.T.

I think I a lack the heart to do so, especially with my mods..

Very understandable. Still, if you are considering buying Plat (and make sure you really want to before you do obviously) $20 for 370 isn't bad. Just make sure to use it well. Slots and maybe Catalysts and Reactors.

Edited by 7.T.

Explain?

In the long run is cool having infinite mana/life for you teamates buts its get kinda boring when you know with spamming link you can solo EVERYTHING in game so in the long runs its can get kinda boring being godlike 24Hrs without worry about anithing,,, just spaming energy vamp+link and blessing as a emergency call.

Edited by Dasmir

Also, look at it this way. All of Trinity's powers are only useful when things are going wrong. If things are going smoothly and your team is in no real danger, then your powers aren't needed.

Trinity may be great for tough missions or less-prepared teams, but if your team is steamrolling over everything already...then you're not adding much. And you'll probably end up on at least some teams like that. 

I guess you can use Link offensively, so you can run up and melee tough enemies in the face or jump into hordes of infested, but...

Also, look at it this way. All of Trinity's powers are only useful when things are going wrong. If things are going smoothly and your team is in no real danger, then your powers aren't needed.

Trinity may be great for tough missions or less-prepared teams, but if your team is steamrolling over everything already...then you're not adding much. And you'll probably end up on at least some teams like that. 

I guess you can use Link offensively, so you can run up and melee tough enemies in the face or jump into hordes of infested, but...

ending spamming link + energy until you got bored...

Trinity is most useless class for now, they die all the time and cant support even herself, useles skill anyway, if u going to die u will die , mobs hit ur hp in 1 second in higher lvls, this class is broken, useless skillss and too easy missions make her bad support, no one need healer when can solo everything ,except high waves for defense missions.

Trinity is most useless class for now, they die all the time and cant support even herself, useles skill anyway, if u going to die u will die , mobs hit ur hp in 1 second in higher lvls, this class is broken, useless skillss and too easy missions make her bad support, no one need healer when can solo everything ,except high waves for defense missions.

Wouldm't call trinity useless she my 3rd favorite nyx being my favorite followed by frost. I find trinity a better version of rhino as you can tank but when needed throw a blessing and keep your team up to.

Wouldm't call trinity useless she my 3rd favorite nyx being my favorite followed by frost. I find trinity a better version of rhino as you can tank but when needed throw a blessing and keep your team up to.

Trinity and Rhino go together like milk and cereal.  Oh god my Rhino cod-piece gets that much tighter when a Trinity is around.