Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframe And The Progression Of Better Designing

Anatolius

A friend and I really enjoy some of the designs for prime warframe. Excalibur was the simpliest design while Loki is, at this moment, much more complex in relation to previous primes. It is very obvious that with each prime, the developers get a little better at differentiating Prime from modern.

With this is mind, I am somewhat sad that I can see this blossoming potential in design with each new release while older designs are much more to be desired.

Personally, someday when the game is a little more fleshed out, I would like to see further additions added to at least Frost and Excalibur Prime.

The sky is the limit, as you can already see that even the model as a whole can have parts added to it

So who knows what kind of future is in store!

Summary: Prime warframes are starting to have such nice and fleshed out designs that older prime frames should be updated for consistency

A friend and I really enjoy some of the designs for prime warframe. Excalibur was the simpliest design while Loki is, at this moment, much more complex in relation to previous primes. It is very obvious that with each prime, the developers get a little better at differentiating Prime from modern.

With this is mind, I am somewhat sad that I can see this blossoming potential in design with each new release while older designs are much more to be desired.

Personally, someday when the game is a little more fleshed out, I would like to see further additions added to at least Frost and Excalibur Prime.

The sky is the limit, as you can already see that even the model as a whole can have parts added to it

So who knows what kind of future is in store!

Summary: Prime warframes are starting to have such nice and fleshed out designs that older prime frames should be updated for consistency

Agreed. +1

Am i the only one in this game that find all those prime ugly ? especially the basic helmet that frost/mag/exca share.

The only one i don't find ugly is Frost with a different helmet...

But indeed my tastes are not easy, the best warframe regarding the appearance is still the classic excalibur to me.

I think Frost is still the one with the worst prime transformation. So if DE wants to starts redesign, he'll be the 1st to change(and maybe the only one). But then we only have a few so far. It's better for DE to release a few more (at least 5-6) then they will have a clear view of the design progression and make change accordingly

Hmmm people actually paid for these guys, so the wisest thing to do would be to add an enhanced skin for them. (a sort of immortal skin for primes but with other things that color patterns)

= Everybody is happy.

I don't see why ppl wouldn't be happy if their purchased frame get enhanced and look slicker than before

I don't agree with this. 

Excalibur is plan & simple in appearance because he was the 1st frame created. He is "bare bones" for a reason. Same with his Prime. He's supposed to look like the "prototype". 

Even if you compare regular Excal to regular Loki, I will still say that Loki is more complex than Excal. In which case, every Frame is more complex than Excal.

In comparison to reg. Loki, Loki Prime isn't much more complex. Yes, he's got some new shiny shiny here & there, this & that, as do all the Prime versions, but he's not vastly different. IMO, all the frames' Prime versions don't differ that much (minus the obvious gold). 

Each Prime is as different from the next, as each regular frame is as different from the next. Idk if I explained this well enough, but this just my take on the matter.