Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea] Total Lockdowns.

Onite

Thought it would be fun if when you're under alert, coming across certain large indoor tiles can cause a total lockdown: All security panels cannot be hacked inside the Total Lockdown tile (but can be hacked from outside to get in, but you cannot get back out.) and very large waves of specially organized mixed enemies will advance from random doors to the room in an attempt to eliminate you. Surviving and killing all of them will release the total lockdown into a normal lockdown where you can then hack the panels to unlock the doors to keep advancing on your mission.

Edit: DE_STEVE:"STUN-LOCK: We don't love it either. We do need to find better ways to slow down the ninjas in our game without loss of control."

I think this would be a good fun way to throw curveballs at players without the frustration of stun locks.

Also bumping this to get the dust off.

Edited by Onite

You mean a lockdown defense mission? Quite nice.

This gives me an idea.

Evacuation Defense:

They can make something bigger at higher level planets(possible new planet contents) like defend until an extraction team comes and rescue survivors. This should add new contents like Boss arrivals or Enemy Vehicles as the place should be a big open area like the new Kiliken map(but, bigger and more open + enough cover against vehicles).

• 1 month later...

You mean a lockdown defense mission? Quite nice.

This gives me an idea.

Evacuation Defense:

They can make something bigger at higher level planets(possible new planet contents) like defend until an extraction team comes and rescue survivors. This should add new contents like Boss arrivals or Enemy Vehicles as the place should be a big open area like the new Kiliken map(but, bigger and more open + enough cover against vehicles).

No, not a defense mission. Just a lockdown on steroids that has a chance to occur like when normal lockdowns happen.

With some kind of reward at the end making it worth while, this could be an amazing tool.  Be the reward at the end of the mission or as a drop from a final unit, etc.  Implementation should be done in such a manner that the foward most warframe or pathways to extraction and locked out by this as well, to prevent the lockdown room occuring behind or in such a manner that someone ahead could simply continue and leave the team behind (either by mistake or intent).

This is one of the first suggestions that blends teamwork and keeping the squad together in a manner that is both meaningful and engaging.  This to me is the complete opposite of the dual person doors which is arbitrary and forced.

+1

Edit:

This also puts pressure of people who enjoy moving quickly through the level to kill enemies near panels to prevent this kind of lockdown.  Allowing people to still run through levels very quickly, if they are skilled enough.

Edited by Enot83

+1. This is an awesome idea, but I think the issue of what happens to players who aren't in the room where the lockdown is happening needs to be looked at very carefully. You say that players who aren't in the defense room can hack their way in, but what about the enemies who are coming in from the doors? Are they just running by them? How exactly do you make it a one way entrance?

Also, I think a cool additon to this mode would be if mid lockdown the crew tries to flush the players out the airlock, so the players have one member who has to hack some of the time just to prevent the room from depressurizing.

+1. This is an awesome idea, but I think the issue of what happens to players who aren't in the room where the lockdown is happening needs to be looked at very carefully. You say that players who aren't in the defense room can hack their way in, but what about the enemies who are coming in from the doors? Are they just running by them? How exactly do you make it a one way entrance?

Also, I think a cool additon to this mode would be if mid lockdown the crew tries to flush the players out the airlock, so the players have one member who has to hack some of the time just to prevent the room from depressurizing.

Well how i see it, theres tons of tiles that have connection parts so they can be adjoined by other tiles. The doors are always present on the tiles even if they're not connected. These doors can be the ones where enemies flood in from. While your teammates outside the room can hack a panel like a normal lockdown to get into the room, but like i posted, cannot get out until x enemies are defeated to gain access to the panels. As for rushers, these lockdowns, like normal ones, are hurdles to jump over either in or out of your favor, its really just luck of the draw. But if the rusher gets stuck in a lockdown, it gives you more than enough time to catch up with them. Rushers already have to wait for atleast another person to leave a mission anyway, so theres not alot of room for anything to get salty enough to ruin the mission. I'm also not terribly fond of the airlock idea because not every tileset or tile in the game has access to airlocks. Not to mention its over complicating it in my book because its just meant to be a way to suprise your party into having to fight a large group of enemies. And i dont think theres anyone complaining about having to fight more enemies. If you're playing stealth, lockdowns wouldnt even happen unless you've been detected.

I love this idea too. o o; Why isn't this more popular?

I'm advertising this in my mag thread.

By the way,

Thought: What if you have to kill on a time-limit. If you make the amount of enemies too big for one player to deal with without being top level that'll slow some of the rushing we deal with. It'll also separate the skilled players who speed kill from those guys that just ignore everything to get through and don't even try to play. ; P

Course I think that also might be a little vindictive. Oh wait. This is supposed to be an immersive experience. Nevermind!

Did just as I said I would.

Also a bump so that this thread can be seen again.

In support of this thread I've advertised it on my Mag thread here : A Look At Mag - Suggested Tweaks And Observations

Thanks. I really cant see any downsides to this idea. Or why people would oppose it. But i guess my idea just gets drowned out by alot of other people's random market.

Thought it would be fun if when you're under alert, coming across certain large indoor tiles can cause a total lockdown: All security panels cannot be hacked inside the Total Lockdown tile (but can be hacked from outside to get in, but you cannot get back out.) and very large waves of specially organized mixed enemies will advance from random doors to the room in an attempt to eliminate you. Surviving and killing all of them will release the total lockdown into a normal lockdown where you can then hack the panels to unlock the doors to keep advancing on your mission.

Edit: DE_STEVE:"STUN-LOCK: We don't love it either. We do need to find better ways to slow down the ninjas in our game without loss of control."

I think this would be a good fun way to throw curveballs at players without the frustration of stun locks.

Also bumping this to get the dust off.

Sounds a bit too deadspacey honestly. It's a nice idea if it wasn't annoying constantly doing that. If it was rare I guess it would be ok but if it kept happening it would just break the flow of the game by constantly making you stop and not letting you pass until you have survived.