Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There A Reason Why, When I Try To Buy Platinum, I Get Sent To A Turkish Steam Site?

Aumaan

Question

Like the title says, I'm trying to buy platinum because I've got a discount but when I click Buy Now I get sent here.

Y8ulxgu.png

According to google it's in Turkish.  When click the "is this you button" (stupid on my part without double checking on things) it then reroutes me to an English version of the site where I can log in as normal.  This appears to be the official Steam site but I want to be sure.  

The site address is https://steamcommunity.com/openid/login and it's confirmed to be a Valve backed site but it's still weird. I've bought platinum once before and this didn't happen.

EDIT: Also, if I just click on the Steam logo it sends me to the English site.

Edited by Aumaan

4 answers to this question

It seems to be an issue with Steam, and has come up before.

For me, it comes out as English. At the top right, you should be able to change the language next to the login.

So it's a known issue then.  That's just weird, if I go straight to the Steam website from an empty tab it's in English but that gave me Turkish for some reason (after I changed the language bit it's in English now so whatever). 

Anyway, thanks for the explanation.