Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Critical Delay With Amprex

Valletta

Question

So, as you know the Amprex is pretty ammo inefficient. But, my question is, with a max critical delay, would that help the ammo efficiency? While it only goes up to 48%, I would need a point strike mod, but with the lower fire rate I think that might help with it sucking down the ammo.

the short answer is no. i can see why you might wonder that but ill explain why.

the thing is, critical delay is a DPS/damage loss in ANY build you would put it on, so you may be firing less ammo per second but you in effect need more ammo then you did before because the gun is now weaker, just resulting in it taking you around the same amount of ammo as before but now taking longer to kill things.

No, no and no. This is completely and utterly wrong. Higher crit chance means MORE damage per ammo (unless you compare to a different damage boost mod), so you take LESS ammo. Stop with this idiotic assumption that less DPS means more ammo usage when we're getting less DPS by USING LESS AMMO.

No, no and no. This is completely and utterly wrong. Higher crit chance means MORE damage per ammo (unless you compare to a different damage boost mod)

Well, you sorta have to be. Either you're comparing to a damage mod, wherein his point is valid, or you're comparing to Ammo Mutation, in which case your efficiency is still lower, although the actual damage/ammo is still higher.

Well, techinically sustainability is lower, efficiency is higher... but you get the point.

FYI CD is +15.54% damage/ammo. If you're using it to increase damage/ammo and ignoring the fire rate, then its a terrible choice.

I can confirm that I see way more red crits with the critical delay more than without it. However, the critical delay mod doesn't help the ammo inefficiency, you'll want that rifle ammo mutation. I happen to prefer more red crits since I use the Amprex exclusively with Volt's electric shield. The damage of the criticals can be increased by stacking shields. If you're using the Amprex with any other frame, I suggest removing critical delay entirely and only use the rifle ammo mutation.

Edited by ivlr3vil

So far, i only use critical delay when i was first time getting this weapon to use and feel terrible with it ammo inefficent. But later, i feel no need to worries much about ammo consumtion anymore. So the real question now, at the second-third time forma, is that the crit chance increase damage worth the drop of overall DPS the amp have?

I did some caculation on both build that have and dont have critical delay, with the red crit build (full ranked point strike) and it's become really clear. Crital Delay dont worth the mod slot. The crit chance increase is far from enough to cover the drop DPS because DPS of the CD build with 5.6x crit damage is only about the same DPS as the non-CD build with just 4.4x crit damage. so even if u can find a way to increase Amprex damage with Volt shield or other ways, use CD still a bad decision cuz the crit chance wont matter that much after u have max point strke (infact, what matter is the crit multiplier). So the damage efficiency of CD is throwed out of the window for amprex. ( - _-)...

of course, if the enemies too weak for u amprex, u wont need to worries much about all these DPS stuff. But then again, ammo efficient? Ammo mutation+carrier do a much better job than the Critical Delay (i never think they design CD for ammo efficience on continuos weap). So unless do bring u amprex to face a lot of one-on-one enemy mission, dont use this mod.

Seriously, critical delay only not lose to ammo mutation if .... u face a lot of one-on-one enemy .... with amprex .... @@