Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Fix Void Dilution

Xamuswing

So when I was looking at void tables and how some players complain how the tables are kind of messy. These are my ideas on how to fix such problems. You can choose various ones here or all, doesn't matter.

1. Add more missions

Okay, so you have 6 missions with 4 tiers to each one. This is a good start, but because of the amount content, this just isn't enough. I've looked over the different mission types, and you have an extra 4 that could work in the void. Assassination, Deception, Spy, and Sabotage. On top of the tiers, that gives a whopping 16 new slots for void rewards. Not to mention the untapped well that is the derelict and it's missions besides defense and survival. (Except Assassinations for Nekros and other obvious things.)

All this added together gives us a grand total of 49 missions to disperse all the loot.

2. DON'T MAKE THE MISSIONS HAVE THE EXACT SAME DROPS

This one speaks for itself. You can't easily get rid of dilution without first removing a clog. T4 void shouldn't have the same drops as T2 or T3 void. If the tiers have the same rewards, someone farming for them will just go to the lower tiers, accepting the higher ones when their desperate or run out of normal keys, since it is less work. Yes, T4 missions have unique items, but they still need more to give us a good reason to go besides Nyx Prime, or at least for me since I don't like Nyx.

And speaking of keys...

3. Do not neglect other void related sources

There are many other places where you could put parts and it would make sense. For example,the Vaults. On top of the Corrupted mods, these vaults can give access to rare void artifacts, like the ever so loved Prime Parts. This also makes the Vaults even more valuable and awesome to find. Another example, the Orokin Labs. These areas can help in the construction of old prime items, using old technology to recreate powerful items. Argon Crystals, Orokin Cells, Alloy Plates and other things found in the void can serve this very purpose of creation.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There you go. Ways to stop Void dilution so that the players can easier get the items they want with the developers not having to change their entire mechanics on the RNG to the void.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Even if each prime part could only drop from one mission, it wouldn't matter because if it only has a 0.5% chance to drop while 99.5% of the time all you get are keys. If they made all the prime parts have equal drop chances then dilution wouldn't be that much of a problem... yet.

Edited by Tehnoobshow

Even if each prime part could only drop from one mission, it wouldn't matter because if it only has a 0.5% chance to drop while 99.5% of the time all you get are keys. If they made all the prime parts have equal drop chances then dilution wouldn't be that much of a problem... yet.

Keys only applies to T1 Voids. Other difficulties don't drop them.

Not bad suggestions, but I really do not like the idea of more things going in derelicts, and I absolutely oppose the idea of prime parts going in the vaults. It's enough of a pain just trying to get a mod from them, adding blueprints or weapon parts would literally be insane.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Keys only applies to T1 Voids. Other difficulties don't drop them.

Not bad suggestions, but I really do not like the idea of more things going in derelicts, and I absolutely oppose the idea of prime parts going in the vaults. It's enough of a pain just trying to get a mod from them, adding blueprints or weapon parts would literally be insane.

The sad thing is that DE actually promised everything would have equal drop chances. But obviously, they haven't held up their end of the bargain.

The sad thing is that DE actually promised everything would have equal drop chances. But obviously, they haven't held up their end of the bargain.

The problem with equal drop chances is that when you have 16 mods in a vault's drop table and they all have equal drop rates, and you're only looking for one of them, you have about a 94% chance to not get the item you're looking for. That's pretty well guaranteed to annoy everyone even more than unequal drop rates, and I'd be willing to bet that it's the current situation in the vaults. Obviously it isn't for the regular towers, though.

Guest Tehnoobshow

The problem with equal drop chances is that when you have 16 mods in a vault's drop table and they all have equal drop rates, and you're only looking for one of them, you have about a 94% chance to not get the item you're looking for. That's pretty well guaranteed to annoy everyone even more than unequal drop rates, and I'd be willing to bet that it's the current situation in the vaults. Obviously it isn't for the regular towers, though.

Some guy did an analysis of 150 vault runs, and it is actually pretty close to being equal, but some mods are still rarer than others. The towers are completely messed up for sure though.

I quite like these ideas and have suggested similar before.

However, one small issue that I feel may have been looked over in this is: What about obtaining the keys in the first place? I think we really need to change the current system from giving us, for instance, Tower 2 Survival, and simply give us a Tower 2 key, of which we can choose which mission to play from there. To balance this out, the key is still used up once hitting extraction.

While that wouldn't necessarily fix the drop issues in the void itself, it'd make getting there in the first place a lot less of a pain than it currently is.

Edit: It'd also help clean up standard mission drop tables, even if by just a small amount.

Edited by BizarreFetalChimpanzee

Remove RNG, implement a fixed reward system, solve the problem of having no content and player frustration in 5 minutes.

When do I start?

Let 2000 shotgun kills in 4 days in t3 survival - reward Hikou prime blades (or what ever they made out of)

Get 1500 kills with the amperex in 24 hours - reward mag prime helm.

Complete 4 t1 mobile defence without out the objectives dropping below 50% health - reward something else.

Something to aim for, known rewards, more challenging content, nobody is wasting their time, you have an infinite number of ways to introduce more rewards and challenges problem solved.