Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sprint Sliding - Pro Tactic? Or Bug Exploiting?

Archistopheles

My main issue with this is that sliding by itself has little use in this game whatsoever now. There's still the slideslash, but I'm guessing that's getting removed too.

Remember when people used Slide in this game without exploiting it to gain speed?

I'm going to ignore your posts and assume you've been here long enough to know that people actually played normally and didn't care about anything like this.

Remember when people used Slide in this game without exploiting it to gain speed?

I'm going to ignore your posts and assume you've been here long enough to know that people actually played normally and didn't care about anything like this.

When? What purpose does slide by itself serve other than to do John Woo style kills? I certainly didn't touch it. If there is a good reason, tell me so I can expand my own gameplay options.

Edited by Pzychotix

Expecting slide to do more than sliding by itself is pretty silly, but you would only use it because of an exploit?

That's saddening. :<

I love sliding down ramps and those huuuuge slopes on the planet maps. That's just plain fun. Combo-wise, I've always found Slide > Melee, Jump > Slide > Melee and Slide > Jump > Melee to be strong, useful tactics to enter combat with. Or a Slide > Jump to get out of combat or start a wallrun at a higher height. That, and pressing Slide is a good way to cancel a wallrun and catch onto a ledge.

Edited by FatalX7

Expecting slide to do more than sliding by itself is pretty silly, but you would only use it because of an exploit?

That's saddening. :<

I love sliding down ramps and those huuuuge slopes on the planet maps. That's just plain fun. Combo-wise, I've always found Slide > Melee, Jump > Slide > Melee and Slide > Jump > Melee to be strong, useful tactics to enter combat with. Or a Slide > Jump to get out of combat or start a wallrun at a higher height. That, and pressing Slide is a good way to cancel a wallrun and catch onto a ledge.

Well yeah. Why would I use it if there isn't any use to it? It doesn't even have the knockdown capabilities of jump slide.

And I'm quite aware of slide > other stuff. I'm explicitly talking about slide by itself.

Yes, let's beat down all the emergent gameplay. This is a PvE game, these types of player-discovered things /should be/ embraced as part of the fun. Mostly they involve a high skill cap and a lot of practice, and finding new ways to utilize the movement system is something that keeps the vets engaged.

It hurts no one. I don't understand the anger directed toward it.

Yes, let's beat down all the emergent gameplay. This is a PvE game, these types of player-discovered things /should be/ embraced as part of the fun. Mostly they involve a high skill cap and a lot of practice, and finding new ways to utilize the movement system is something that keeps the vets engaged.

It hurts no one. I don't understand the anger directed toward it.

You're right, discovering hidden combos and skills should be part of the fun. Which is what people used to do. There were/are a ton of "secret" little things and places to find... that are intentional and don't exploit the game's engine.

Oh, and if you don't know why people are angry, it's because people used it to rush through the maps and leave their squad behind. Which risked them getting overwhelmed and killed and missing out on mods and credits.

Edited by FatalX7

You're right, discovering hidden combos and skills should be part of the fun. Which is what people used to do. There were/are a ton of "secret" little things and places to find... that are intentional and don't exploit the game's engine.

Oh, and if you don't know why people are angry, it's because people used it to rush through the maps and leave their squad behind. Which risked them getting overwhelmed and killed and missing out on mods and credits.

Come on, now. That's a terrible argument.

You can still rush through and leave your squad members behind. Slide cancelling has nothing to do with that. That's just people rushing through while the rest of the team sits in a room and clears everything. It's going to happen regardless of even whether sprint exists or not.

There are always logical solutions for these kinds of problems. 

1) its awesome

2) at the same time its not awesome ( you know what i mean it looks stupid hurts my fingers)

3) Therefore stuff it into a mod and leveling it up allows for a boasted dash

4) or make dashing cost some stamina so you can't use it and gain energy back

Come on, now. That's a terrible argument.

You can still rush through and leave your squad members behind. Slide cancelling has nothing to do with that. That's just people rushing through while the rest of the team sits in a room and clears everything. It's going to happen regardless of even whether sprint exists or not.

Terrible argument? People used it to rush, therefore others don't like that. That's just that.

It's a valid criticism. Let it go and stop trying to be a &#036;&amp;*^ about things.

As is mine, but I already jumped that high on the scale? I wonder where I'd be if I were vulgar and insulted people.

Ok lemme just set some info straight.

The fix today, fixed the whole pressing Crouch quickly while starting to slide to keep yourself sped up exploit.

What you can still do...

Slide + melee attack over and over. Quick way to speed yourself up, costs stamina though.

Wallrun, you get a free speed boost when jumping off a wall.

Just slide to regain stamina while still moving forward.

Anything else?

Ok lemme just set some info straight.

The fix today, fixed the whole pressing Crouch quickly while starting to slide to keep yourself sped up exploit.

What you can still do...

Slide + melee attack over and over. Quick way to speed yourself up, costs stamina though.

Wallrun, you get a free speed boost when jumping off a wall.

Just slide to regain stamina while still moving forward.

Anything else?

Use Rush mods.

Terrible argument? People used it to rush, therefore others don't like that. That's just that.

It doesn't help against rushers in the slightest. Therefore it's a terrible argument. I fail to see how you're not getting this.

Edited by Pzychotix

quite frankly... if the squad is prone to wipe because one member moved further to pursue the objective, then perhaps it is not that player rushing that is the problem? If you dont like people rushing and see it as a problem then prevent the possibility to rush further, not the means which have other use of that.

I often rush way ahead on my team just bt sprinting or hell! even walk alone... What now? Remove sprint or hard lock rooms untill they are cleared?

You cant fix play style especially be blocking the tools. Rushers will find another one and will rush just as hard untill you will realize it.

It costs additional Stamina anyways.

No it does not. If done correctly, does not use stamina, and actually lets you recover stamina while going a bit faster than your normal sprint speed. (it will always be faster than your sprint speed even with sprint mods since the speed is based off your sprint.)

Today, before they fixed this, I saw a Frost doing the Sprint Slide. I'm also playing as Frost in this mission and I must say when I saw him do that I started laughing because I sprinted and outran him LOL. I even did the Slide Jump Slide combo and got further! After that I did a backflip in extraction and watched him attemp and figure out how I did it. Made my day.

Oh, and I have rush and marathon maxed out.

Edited by Darjian

IT NEED TO BE FIXED , WHEN I MEAN FIXED... FIXED AND REMOVED !

Seriously, i was seeing Rhinos getting past my Rush max leveled loki, which isnt nice to watch.

I wanted a fix, i contacted support, they agreed and we got a fix thats it !