Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sprint Sliding - Pro Tactic? Or Bug Exploiting?

Archistopheles

Kinda sad to see it go to be honest, it gave me some extra help to catch up to my team when I fell behind because of my Rhino and/or exploring. Though I also see why it was removed, I'll just have to focus on some sprint/stamina mods instead.

Sprint mods are still useful for some of the hard to reach areas that require vertical wallrunning, good example of it is in the new tilesets for the Grineer asteroid base, they'res a few hard to reach secret areas that require more speed to wallrun up the full height of the wall and just barely make it before you just backflip off it.

I would like to see the wallrun jump exploit fixed, in the huge big open rooms, you can wallrun and jump off it at the right moment to fling yourself all the way to the other side of the room almost instantaneously.

Edited by __Kanade__

4) or make dashing cost some stamina so you can't use it and gain energy back

This is how you fix things. Currently stamina does... not much at all. Adding an arbitrary cooldown time to slides was about the worst way to handle it.

This is how you fix things. Currently stamina does... not much at all. Adding an arbitrary cooldown time to slides was about the worst way to handle it.

Cool down? Sliding is based on momentum now. You run fast, you'll slide fast. Run slow, you'll slide slow. You know, kinda logical.

You're right, discovering hidden combos and skills should be part of the fun. Which is what people used to do. There were/are a ton of "secret" little things and places to find... that are intentional and don't exploit the game's engine.

Oh, and if you don't know why people are angry, it's because people used it to rush through the maps and leave their squad behind. Which risked them getting overwhelmed and killed and missing out on mods and credits.

"Exploiting" the game's engine is what PC gamers do. In a similar thread earlier, someone posted a list of the things "exploiters" have done that ended up being core game mechanics in future iterations of an online game.

Once again, this hurts no one. The people who want to rush will always rush. If there was no sprint key at all, they'd just press W harder than everyone else.

Edited by Ashmomo

And glitches and exploits tend to get fixed. Just because some games left them in, all games have to? The difference is that Warframe isn't those games. These exploits in Warframe make you move faster. That's unnecessary, you don't need them. It added nothing more to what we had and improved upon nothing. The Developers already spent time and put in effort to give us official, broadcasted means to move faster. Why not do that?

Edited by FatalX7

Usually, I don't mind something to preserve stamina. but when I actually see some other player do this, slide like every other pace, it looks so silly that I've decided never to do it...

Instead, I use rolls when stamina is low to get it back up without losing too much speed.

Honestly, I only feels like a ninja, with speed-kill ability when I keep sliding slash.

I usually using slide slashing whem I encounter multiple enemy in distributed location,

I perform a slide slashing to 1st and then the 2nd one,

sometimes i may perform 2 slide slashing in a single target in order to make a speed kill.

(since my Dual Ether sword need 2 slide slash to kill a normal Grineer in Senda)

The reason i don't use charge is becoz it is too slow and low mobility  ( My main is Rhina and Loki)

While moving around, I will use normal running.

I personally will consider this as a Tactic, a skill.

I love to see more skill discovered or invented ( In motion aspect but no Ability 1-4 )

Maybe this is because I used to play a game called GunZ a lot,

that games u may say contain these kinds of "bugs",

but these bugs need high skill level of player, and many practice.

Whats more, It makes the game more Awesomeeeeeeeeee!!!

Please, don't remove it.

I beg you.

Cool down? Sliding is based on momentum now. You run fast, you'll slide fast. Run slow, you'll slide slow. You know, kinda logical.

- Fix slide exploit: velocity boost from slide is on a cool down to prevent macroing.

from the patch notes. Every ~2 seconds or so you can have a fast slide. As if pressing more than 2 buttons in 2 seconds required a macro to do.

seems im following you from thread to thread Fatal lol,

just some thoughts from me

why make a tanker when it cant keep up?

other warframes can handle everything that is thrown at them and have speed.

so if a tanker cant keep up and do its job its a waste of time!

so tankers are nerfed from the start.

so in thinking of these things, if speed was taken out of the equation they'd be well over powered, so perhaps tankers should be taken out? there is no need for tankers.

What Buster up there said, the slide dashing felt like a natural part of the movement system and straight up removing it like this is to me like taking a part of the game away.

It's kind of like the skiing in Tribes, an unintended exploit that became a feature and made the game much more fun to play.

I'll probably stop playing if this doesn't get put back in the game, it's just not as fun to play when you can't dash back and forth like a ninja while shooting/slicing dudes. My Frost just feels unbearably slow in close combat without it.

It seems like although the slide dash technique is no longer quite as effective, there are still plenty of other techniques to boost and preserve your momentum while also providing terrific aerial control. As a crazy flipping ninja acrobat I am still satisfied with this game's deep movement system.

What Buster up there said, the slide dashing felt like a natural part of the movement system and straight up removing it like this is to me like taking a part of the game away. It's kind of like the skiing in Tribes, an unintended exploit that became a feature and made the game much more fun to play. I'll probably stop playing if this doesn't get put back in the game, it's just not as fun to play when you can't dash back and forth like a ninja while shooting/slicing dudes. My Frost just feels unbearably slow in close combat without it.

But you didn't need it. It didn't add anything compelling to the game like Skiing did for Tribes.

Frost and Rhino's speed have been an area of debate since Closed Beta, but relying on unintended glitches shouldn't be a "fix" for that.

With a Sprint mod or just some crafty wallrunning and climbing, even without a sprint mod, you'd have no problem moving and keeping up with people. I'm just speaking from my own experience and what others have said about it.

But, it's like what Deek said in the other thread. If people didn't rush through the maps in the first place, Frost and Rhino's movement speed wouldn't be an issue. sigh-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862519

Edited by FatalX7

But you didn't need it. It didn't add anything compelling to the game like Skiing did for Tribes.

Frost and Rhino's speed have been an area of debate since Closed Beta, but relying on unintended glitches shouldn't be a "fix" for that.

With a Sprint mod or just some crafty wallrunning and climbing, even without a sprint mod, you'd have no problem moving and keeping up with people. I'm just speaking from my own experience and what others have said about it.

But, it's like what Deek said in the other thread. If people didn't rush through the maps in the first place, Frost and Rhino's movement speed wouldn't be an issue. sigh-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862519

Then make them faster, and let me reload while rolling and flipping. Part of the reason it felt like such an important part of the game to me was because it let me go fast and dodge bullets while reloading my weapon. Using sliding melee attacks to propel yourself is still in the game, and much faster than the slide dashing ever was. It's just not useable for the same things, and it feels really pointless to remove the slide dashing, especially since it just makes gameplay more fun in my opinion. The problem isn't keeping up with people rushing through the stages, it's about how much fun I can have while flipping out and killing people.

Not trying to instigate a flame war here, but I think you're missing the point.

It's not about me not being able to have fun without something to exploit, it's just that this something made the game much more fun to me personally, and many other people here on these boards.

Since sword dashing is still in, this "fix" doesn't really help people rushing through the stages since it was already faster to begin with. It just curbs a part of the fun in this great game for no good reason.

Sorry, people played this game and had fun months before these exploits popped up. As I mentioned some time ago, from a game-design standpoint, this is just a crutch.

It's cool. I hate fun, too.

Maybe we can start a clan.

It's cool. I hate fun, too.

Maybe we can start a clan.

Again, I'm sorry that your fun depended on it to an extent. But, I don't find fun in exploits, don't need 'em. Especially when the game gives us so much. I'll just go about my play time like I always did before.

Edited by FatalX7

Sorry, people played this game and had fun months before these exploits popped up. As I mentioned some time ago, from a game-design standpoint, this is just a crutch.

good crutch though XD

seriously though i need to make a new frame, Rhino doesnt cut it, unfortunately i wanted to make Ember but after 300 runs for its system im like meh. so ill make another one, sad Rhino is sort of obsolete, and Frost as people say (tho frost isnt as slow as Rhino) they are a waste of time, my opinion (which i stress it is my opinion) dont make them!! other warframes can deal enough damage and have the speed, give up the love for your Rhino or Frost!! heck Excaliber is better.

Edited by Deek

this change was the worst. the best argument for that is that this effect will not change anything for those who complained since rushers will still rush. and it made the game sooo much worse for everyone who liked the fast paced part of the game..