The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.8.0

[DE]Rebecca

The abort thing didn't fix anything, people will still quit if they didn't get what they wanted.

This didn't need any change at all, now every second host transition ends in people not keeping their stuff, as host transition just doesn't work well.

People will stop playing high lvl defense missions, bugs like all doors closed, falling through the world, no hostage in the cells etc will always lead to losing all your stuff you collected, as you HAVE to abort the mission.

You should really revert this change...

Edited by bakaxy

Those complaining about the abort option so much make me feel as though they were some of the people exploiting it. i have only ever had to abort 2 missions, one was because my internet cut out, the other was because i entered the wrong one and didnt fancy soloing a defence. 

I understand host migration is currently an issue but atleast it stops so many people quitting after bosses since they lose all reward if they dont finish. 

if this still causes problems i suggest you look or some players or a clan to do runs with, this not only lets the game run at its best since synergy and tactics can be used with ease by players who know each-others warframes, it also means that no-one will really quit unless the party decides to concede.

I Strongly suggest that the Endless Defense to save all the XP and mods even we did not Exit and Claim. I've lost thousands of XP and many Mods after a slight mistake at wave 16. Wave 16! it's a real shame to lose all progress!

or else NOOOO body gonna stay thru wave 10+ from now on

The mission reward scaling is realy nice, I was afraid it would be more of a nerf, making low-level mission worthless and income at higher level ones about the same but I make tons of credits going into higher level missions now, it's actually worth doing (if you need money). Nice, very nice.

I also like the new Grineer Grakata assaultrifle/submachinegun thingy that looks like a powder accutated nailgun, it has a nice sound and strong recoil (things I like in videogame weaponry), It doesn't do much damage but it's a lot of fun to use. And as an added Bonus, the Grineer don't rely on corpus supplies for their primary weapon anymore. :D

Only problem, with the dual vipers and the Grakata in my loadout I run out of ammo fast, but at least I have fun doing that. :3

If i get sundering strike now (been farming for 1 week quite good ammount of hours everyday) and  robots get stuck somewhere it won't be nice, i agree that rushing, quiting and such things have to be solved, but not when there are other bugs that will conflict with the "fixes". to make the long story short, it happens alot of time for robots to get stuck either too high on the map (inaccesible places) or under it again inaccesible, but if you have the luck to see him you might be able to kill him with a long range weapon.

I spent some time thinking about the Abort mission change, its a step in a good direction, but some issues need to be worked out:

1. Defense missions should not lose all loot if you fail. Even though that gives the decision to continue a bit of weight, I think it will end up with people just playing it safe.

2. Something still needs to be done about farming Warframe blueprints from bosses. Because now the optimal method is still: Farm boss, abort if you didn't get the blueprint you wanted, finish only if you got it (so have to complete 3 times for 3 blueprints). Sad part is, now the host migration has a higher change to make you not receive even the blueprint you earned, if you can't complete the mission because of it (not that common, but I can imagine the feeling after farming for a specific blueprint for 50 runs, and then you get it to drop, but can't finish the mission because its bugged).

3. Farming materials from bosses: Everybody gets different material drop, but only those who got the "important" material (like Control Module from Hyena) have an incentive to finish the mission. Those who got useless mats would abort if farming optimally. This would be easy to solve, by making boss material drops the same for everybody in the party.

Update 7.8.0

CHANGES

- Aborting missions now forfeits any obtained credits, mods, resources or blueprints, earned XP is still rewarded

Can someone pls explain this with a little more detail. If you run out of revives and die you lose everything(mods, creds etc)? What about if your internet/PC crashes?

Terrible patch - defence missions are pointless now... No mods, no nothing - and my warframe is maxed out at level 30 now and there is no real way to get another one other than paying for it with real money (and a damn ton of it I might add).

All gameplay decisions seem to be made with a business head which is a shame cos this is a great game that will fail because of platinum coloured greed.

Can someone pls explain this with a little more detail. If you run out of revives and die you lose everything(mods, creds etc)? What about if your internet/PC crashes?

If you leave the mission for any reason, whether that be crashing, disconnecting, dying and choosing not to revive, manually aborting, or failing the mission you lose everything you earned during the mission (all the mods, materials, credits, blueprints and experience you've earned). If you don't complete the mission by getting to extraction, you get nothing, regardless of whether or not you have revives, etc.

- Aborting missions now forfeits any obtained credits, mods, resources or blueprints, earned XP is still rewarded

Please Fix this, aborting and loosing a mission are different things. Defense missions bocome a torture that do not pay off. :)

For some reason the boss on Tethys dont drop anything else than Orochin Cells..  Why is that? Im one part away from making ember but I cant get anything from it D: I have grinded him for hours and hours about 40 or 50 times.. no blueprints.

Thank you, it now makes sense to make higher level missions. YOu get more money.

Please Fix this, aborting and loosing a mission are different things. Defense missions bocome a torture that do not pay off. :)

Yes somehow to defense mission undertakers it is unfair :P I had tons of mods after wave 5, saw that everyone wanted to continue, but then within the last split second everyone chsoe to leave it and I was left alone. Lost all the mods :s GAAAAAHHHH

srsly ... 500 alloy plates ... again?

these alloy plates dropping so rare that you need days to farm 500 of them ... man i was happy that i got all the 500alloys for my boltor ... maybe ya guys should change a few drops too xD

Change some of the blueprints instead of drops, since most of them need alloy plate/rubedo

And so it is exactly as I feared. Failed a defense mission, dozen mods all thrown onto the toilet and my time wasted. I am utterly pissed and the fun's sucked right out. Feels like I got shafted without the courtesy of a reach-around.

On top of that, the new rifle makes Lancers over the top and essentially demotes every other unit in the Grineer army onto retirement with a status of "obsolete".