Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.8.0

[DE]Rebecca

l2 sprint cards.....with maxed out speed, regen, and max stam you can get to the exit of most lvls under 5m (assumeing ur solo so you dont have to wait on ppl) of course i'm talking about farming runs where your only in it for a boss.

Also I would recemend getting loki or volt as there the fastest ( Loki 1.6 run speed) others are 1.0 or lower besides ash witch is 1.4

I'm not pointing this out for my benefit, I'm fine, I started with loki and have a maxed rush card

I'm more concerned with the overall game design, and how they are hurting new players trying to solve the wrong problems.

New players shouldn't be forced to play differently because someone else is too busy exploiting the game as fast as they can.

Again, this does not stop abort farming, the only people truely hurt by these changes are newer players (and I would hope that they are concerned with growing their fanbase)

Edit:

OK, they mean you lose your loot if you ABORT a mission, not if you FAIL a mission.

Actually you do, there are already stories about people losing flow cards because the stalker killed them with no revives, you also lose everything if you get disconnected

Edited by SparklyNoises

OK, they mean you lose your loot if you ABORT a mission, not if you FAIL a mission.

That seems fair enough. I never intentionally abort, unless real life pulls me out of the game. People shouldn't be rushing to bosses and quitting after the fight.

Say that after 50 runs of farming a certain warframe and hes just ...wont...drop...that...systems

Edited by ImortalTJones

Well, not sure about macroing the boost for sliding, but it did help slower frames to keep up with faster ones. Really limiting on fast frames when their Rhino's stuck far behind them :/

But other than that, amazing update! \o/

That seems fair enough. I never intentionally abort, unless real life pulls me out of the game. People shouldn't be rushing to bosses and quitting after the fight.

I'm sure that's what they intended, but the actual reality is that everybody gets punished for any kind of mission failure. Whether it is because of a bad host, bad connection, griefer or any number of uncontrollable reasons, or even for the sheer audacity of not wanting to play anymore because you have a life to get to, you lose EVERYTHING.

It's not fair to punish players like this for events that may be out of their hands. Why should anyone risk doing endless defence anymore? Why bother risking failure past wave 10, or even wave 5? This kind of decision is poison for any kind of cooperative play. If there's a significant chance that your teammates will let you down, people won't play with random strangers. It's simply not economical.

And what of all the bugs that people have cited in this thread? Some missions are literally impossible to complete due to some unforseen circumstances in level generation. Is it fair to have to give up your rare multishot mod that you've spent the better part of this afternoon looking for and finally found because an enemy is stuck under the floor?

This update has some serious problems, and I'd like to see them at least rolled back if not hotfixed soon. Don't punish players for failure. Only punish them for exploiting. Don't throw out the whole crop just because of a few bad apples.

(Although I'd like to see the return of wavedashing so that my Rhino and Frost can finally catch up with Lokis. Seriously. Sometimes it's not feasible to equip sprint mods, and even if it is, you still can't keep up with some of the faster frames. Exploits like this were found out of necessity. Don't remove them unless you provide an alternative.)

just lost 4 revives, all mods, and all credits to lv55 tyl regor. would have kicked his &#!, if not for the fact, that he's faster than ash, he has stunlock (ranged) that can strike EVERY 3 seconds, and his sword deals ~500-600 dmg per hit. that's full shield and 1/2 of my hp. :) good thing i didn't need those mods, credits or revives!

I said it before but punishing everyone for rushers is a bad idea.

Rushers will still work NEARLY the same, they'll just also rush to the exit.

This basically punishes a myriad of other players with no benefit to anyone.

Make the mission completion rewards better, don't punish people for dropping after bosses.

EDIT: In fact, people will probably still drop from boss runs because all they care about is whatever the boss drops. And if it doesn't drop the right thing, it's barely any reason to make sure you can keep that item.

Edited by Maddoc

Update 7.8.0

- Fixed Dagger Axe blueprint being incorrectly linked to Paris

I got this bugged alert reward the other night. It was meant to be the Dagger Axe BP, but I got the Paris.

After the fix, I now have a Dager Axe Skin BP, but it still has all the same costs as the Paris BP.

1 Morphics, 350 Circuits, 550 Polymer Bundles, 1200 Rubedo.

I don't have enough materials to make it, but what would it make if I did build it?

I don't know if this is true for other missions with a similar layout to Venera, but enemy npcs are still getting caught, only this time it's in the very very very top level of the map, the one that's only accessible by running up the walls of the broken elevator shaft.

Edited by Xiaolan

Ultimate DMG nerfed in this patch, or broken?

Just did a high level alert on Pluto, assassination of Kryl.

Level 58 grineer enemies.

Banshee with maxed Sonic Quake and 15% power dmg from Focus (lvl 30 warframe if that is relevant).

My dmg per tick on those regular enemies was 28 dmg. This is what I usually see vs Ancients (and other elites) on high defense missions past lvl 60. But regular mobs were getting hit by the normal 200-300 ticks.

Is this change intended? Because this renders any damage AoE ultimate useless for higher content (mobs lvl 40+) since their whole purpose is to clear up for 100 power masses of regular mobs in their range / radius. If they don't do that, what's the point to slot & upgrade them to eat that much power from the suit, when we can boost other things.

Awaiting explanation (and possible quick fix if this is not intended).

what i dont get is how come there is no REWARD WHATSOEVER in getting higher level in wave defence, there is like little to ZERO drop difference in modules from high lvl mobs compared to low lvl mobs and the every 5 wave rewards IS RANDOM, SO RANDOM. Now you add this 0 loot for mission fail, what is the point of wave defence if there was any to begin with? Mind you wave defence is techinically the end game of this game if any. which ties in with the quick tips every time you load in it mentions explore map for rare modules which is another false hope. Is it me or is this false hope feeling gonna be a recurring thing?

Steve said:

They all should work, I can try to dig up a list when fires die down. The notes are terse sometimes, sorry about that.

Maybe that will help.

Well Not at all. Just tried duration and strenght mods on Ember. And guess what.. No effect.

So I certainly can say Ember was left out at these changes T.T

Edited by FrozenVoid

what i dont get is how come there is no REWARD WHATSOEVER in getting higher level in wave defence, there is like little to ZERO drop difference in modules from high lvl mobs compared to low lvl mobs and the every 5 wave rewards IS RANDOM, SO RANDOM. Now you add this 0 loot for mission fail, what is the point of wave defence if there was any to begin with? Mind you wave defence is techinically the end game of this game if any. which ties in with the quick tips every time you load in it mentions explore map for rare modules which is another false hope. Is it me or is this false hope feeling gonna be a recurring thing?

so true :/