The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To Alternate Weapon Models?

Vanadium

So, I like my Manticore, my Brokk, my Dagger Axes, etc. I like having the same stats on a weapon with a different aesthetic. Especially with Scindo Prime, I got a Manticore that does exactly what it looks like it will do (rek everything).

Can we get some more of these, DE? Pleeeease?

I don't really care what you make them for, as long as they're cool (for reference, all the ones made so far are cool).

P.S.

I'd also like to see some of these skins extended to other weapons (I'd like to have my Dagger Axes replace my Ichors). Y'know, just where it makes sense.

DE have already said that they won't be doing re-model skins anymore, as it requires much more effort, time and manpower to do so, than just to do normal skins.

Correct,  answered that in a devstream a long time ago.

Creating a model skin for a weapon is essentialy like creating a whole new weapon, a weapon they can't put on the market and which won't add to the overall arsenal. So overall a waste of time and energy.

So they instead decided to use the skin function for color changes or slapping symbols on weapons.

So they can release more bland re skins of the same weapons and toss the reskinned trashed in the clan tech and all it a new weapon.

Meanwhile the people of Tera and other games can enjoy their remodeled skin weapons w/o obtaining a new one(Hell, it even covers every weapon).

And to think they could have just sold the re skins as well as provide an alert for them. They have ignored alerts for a year now, they are meaningless now.