Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plazma Sword?

BoomToon43

yesterday i was looking at it's stats to see if it was worth building( i already had the bp)

So it has 35 base dmg 15% crit chance and 2x multiplier

So then i compered that to dakra prime which is 60 base 15% and 1.5X

SO i did the math,

60 x 1.5 + 90 x 3( crimson derpish) = 270 x 1.5(channeling)= 405 dmg 

35 x 2 = 70 x 3( crimson derpish) = 210 x 1.5 (channeling)= 315 dmg

but if you mod channeling and cit dmg

60 x 2.9 = 174 x 3 = 522 x 2.1 = 1,096.2 dmg

35 x 3.8 = 133 x 3 = 399 x 2.1 = 837.9 dmg

So what do you guys think of this?

could the plasma sword be a good replacement for dakra prime for newer players?

I think it could be, especially because it's hard to farm dakra prime.

( wasn't sure if this thread was supposed to go)

Edited by BoomToon43

No, it's not. Because the Dakra Prime has a lot of damage, as well as fast swing speeds. Not to mention it has physical damages as well, instead of just the electric like the Plasma sword does.

Basically, the Plasma sword may have similar damage, it doesn't have the swing speeds or utility outside of fighting Corpus.

No, it's not. Because the Dakra Prime has a lot of damage, as well as fast swing speeds. Not to mention it has physical damages as well, instead of just the electric like the Plasma sword does.

Basically, the Plasma sword may have similar damage, it doesn't have the swing speeds or utility outside of fighting Corpus.

electricity is one of the best elementals to start out with, throw on a fire for grineer, ice for better corpus and poison for infested.

If anything, the Nikana is an early level Dakra Prime, and the Dragon Nikana is an easier to get Dakra Prime equivalent.

Dakra Prime is one of the easiest primes to get alongside Braton prime, and burston prime. If anything Dragon Nikana is one of the hardest swords in the game to get with Clan melee weapons topping even that.

Dude the plasma sword is great once it’s fully modded with speed mods. not to mention the Dps you can hit once you see its true potential. i say you make it and try for yourself try it woth out a potato and then if you see its potential use a potato.

I'll say this: Using Iron Phoenix with the Plasma Sword, the Taking Flight combo finishing hit deals electric proc in an AoE. If that sounds good to you, then build for that reason.

The proc is based off the element? Huh, I never knew.

The proc is based off the element? Huh, I never knew.

I recommend you test for yourself before trusting me explicitly on that. Having more people to verify my claim would be nice, after all :3

EDIT (Though looking at the wiki page on the stance supports my claim as well)

Edited by Sinaqui