The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grakata

MonWoofer

the gun is fine, but a weapon with that low damage, need a polarity slot, that for sure would make it a nice option when looking at gorgon, boltor, braton . . .

PD: add a polarity slot and the weapon ROCKS as demons balls ~ !

There are two kinds of mods that make an unique difference from weapon to weapon. Critical Chance mods and Magazine size mods. I suppose reaload mods can go in there as well but the differences aren't huge.

Saying Grakata gets better by you fixing it's shortcomings with mods (buffing it's damage), is a silly argument. You can put the same damage mod on Gorgon and get the proportional % damage increase making that gun outpace Grakata even further.

Critical chance makes an obvious difference, if high base the mod will have great effect, if small base mod will hardly have any effect. Grakata could possibly be good as is as long as it's base critical chance is high. If you can get every other shot to crit, it might be a decent weapon.

Also Twin Vipers do not outperform Akbolto. You can easily kill 2 or more ancients on early waves on xini with one base magazine of Akbolto. You can't do that with Twin Vipers.

Face it, Grakata is crap compared to some other weapons currently. You can say all you want that modding it makes it better, yeah it does, but it equally makes other weapons even more efficient in comparison

agree, adding godly maxed mods to the grakata makes it good, adding the same mods to other rifles, make them godlike, so, grakata needs a higher base critical rate & damage if not an damage boost, to make it unique in for criticals, and dont forget the polarity, need a polarity, urgently

Akbolto beat any weapon in game, even not supercharged its a chuck norris, i want to change my rifle to another akbolto, why rifles so suck vs pistols still :D

Devs should change stats for old not needed weapons and add some special abilities to make every weapon more unique and for right situations.

Useless dual zorens, with or without crits doing 1 damage even on first waves of ancients :D and other useless old daggers and swords, these items are most useless then any other weapon, akbolto them! :D

Edited by drunkpunk222

Seems the Grakata could use a heavy improvement. Thankfully, community input goes fast enough for patches to come in every friday, so there's that.

As much as I personally love defending things I love (And believe me...Im very attached to often unpopular weapons) if something needs improvement to match other weapons of the same type, then do NOT hesitate to say that it needs it.

Akbolto does not beat Hek. They are quite damn good but Hek is quite insane. Shoot across a tile and one shot  a lv 40 enemy. Though for a rank 4 mastery item. I'd expect it to be better than the rest. Akbolto should be moved to mastery rank 3 along with the Gorgon though.

Defend it all you want, but that doesn't make it better.

The Video shows just how bad the ammo efficiency of this weapon is as he needed about half of his total ammo pool just to clear a single room. The problem is that you don't get anything in return for the weapons downsides. Even the Twin Vipers give you something: The highest DPS of all weapons in the game.

I'm finishing Pluto Hades runs with ammo left, doing 50% of the damage in a 4 man group, with no +max ammo mod. One clip shreds through multiple MOAs and Crewmen. I am sorry to say this, but the ammo efficiency of someone else is largely unimportant to me, I know the Grakata works just fine and puts out good DPS without running into ammo problems. Without Rifle Scav or using ammoboxes.

Maybe it's just me, but bullets feel like they travel slower than normal with this weapon.

Now that's just made up. It's a hitscan weapon, like all of them.

Hurr im smart ! if i put those mods to anyweapon is going to do better than the Grakata...

Eh, don't think other weapons would all kill that fast and fast in chains.

Seems the Grakata could use a heavy improvement.

It would be too funny if DE would buff the Grakata. Hell, I take it, but it is already pretty strong. Kchchch.

Umm dude. One magazine may shred multiple corpus. My Latron of all things ONE SHOTS any of those corpus....And that doesn't even hold a candle to what the Hek, gorgon or akbolto can do. Latron has 20 in the mag with the mod. That is 20 dead things in succession with a quick reload, as opposed to few of yours in one magazine.

Corpus are easy faction to kill. Gauge it against lv 40 or so infested, or lv 50+ Grineer and see where you stand when you run out of ammo too soon. I wonder how many magazines would take you to kill a high level ancient.

I'd like to see it buffed to 10 damage, have the recoil lessened a bit so it can use its high accuracy on full auto, and a buffed default crit chance to maybe 20%

And a v polarity slot.

exactly what i was thinking, make it high crit, damage 10 - 12 and an polarity, maybe V or ---

Corpus are easy faction to kill. Gauge it against lv 40 or so infested, or lv 50+ Grineer and see where you stand when you run out of ammo too soon. I wonder how many magazines would take you to kill a high level ancient.

Grineer die just the same. *shrug* So do Infested. Ancients are the most resilient enemy of the game - not even Grineer Heavies come close to them. But, because you asked, I did a quick test - it takes me 40 out of 78 shots to kill a level 31 Toxic Ancient, so half a mag. How many shots does your Latron need?

PS: The Latron is one thing: ammoefficient. It shoots slowly, has lots of recoil, suffers from host-client delay due to latency, but it is probably the most ammo-efficient gun in the entire game. Why? Because it has the rifle ammo pool of 500 instead of the sniper pool. Not neccessarily a fair comparision - the Latron will defeat every other ranged weapon in ammo efficiency. It's like comparing RoF between Twin Vipers and the Snipetron. ;)

After using it for a bit I have to say that the biggest turn-.off is the recoil. It's ridiculously high for a pea-shooter like the Grakata.

My point stays... This weapon needs a bit more damage and less recoil to be on equal grounds with a Braton.

I get the argument of a gun being able to stand on it's own without mods, but if we only did that then who would be using the Hek, a gun which is just as bad as the Grakata without mods. It wasn't until I put a 75% Point Blank mod on my Hek that it became reliable and therefore usable in combat, before the mod it was 6 to 8 shots to kill a level 30 Grineer, so this is where people are coming from when they say "just wait till you can mod it"

Defend it all you want, but that doesn't make it better.

The Video shows just how bad the ammo efficiency of this weapon is as he needed about half of his total ammo pool just to clear a single room. The problem is that you don't get anything in return for the weapons downsides. Even the Twin Vipers give you something: The highest DPS of all weapons in the game.

The Grakata has bad damage output and bad ammo efficiency with no redeeming qualities.

It could use a slight increase in damage and an overall low recoil to make spamming ammo very controllable.

It can kill enemies, no doubt about it, but that doesn't mean that it is as good at doing so as other weapons are.

In that video he was spraying the S#&$ out of things.

After I started using this gun, I noticed it is as accurate as a latron but with more recoil. Now if you just tap or burst fire, you can get a 3-burst headshot at any range.

Edited by austinrelis