Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Minor Qol Suggestion.

Kinperor

Hey folks,

I have quite a simple suggestion: TL;DR: Make Banshee's Sonar castable mid-weapon-reload (without interrupting). 

WHY: As a support frame, Banshee is mostly going to use Sonar from her four abilities (of course there are also the other 3) to help her team and herself. The thing is, I've found myself several time thinking (while playing Banshee) "Damn, I wish I could cast something while I wait after my reload". The reason is, I play other frames that can cast skills without interrupting a reload, like Oberon, Ember, Volt, Saryn and maybe a few others I am forgetting right now. I rather like these frames, it feels like I can be more involved in any firefight even if I am reloading. 

I feel it would be a nice change to her. Feel free to disagree below.

Pre-emptive QA:

Q: But why not her first ability like Oberon/Ember/Volt?

A: With the huge CC on Banshee's sonic boom, I feel it would be too strong to be usable mid-reload. I am not saying sonic boom must never ever get the ability to be cast mid-reload, but it feels to me that the player should make the choice "S#&$ do I wait on my reload or do I blast everyone in the room?" With that said, it wouldn't be the first 2nd ability to be usable mid-reload, see Saryn. 

Q: How will that make Banshee popular or buff her?

A: That's not the point. The point is to slightly raise the flexibility of a specific skill, not turn her into Rhino 2.0. 

Q: Isn't the animation a bit too intense/slow to be a good candidate for mid-reload cast?

A: Maybe. It feels to me it could realistically work. I admit it's a flaw, but at worse the animation can be sped up or swapped for another stock animation.  

I think DE is just going to make Sonar a toggle effect that recasts itself every 10 seconds or whatever, draining energy every time until it's turned off. Every Banshee player seems to want it and I dont care either way, so it's probably happening.

SB shouldnt be able to be cast while reloading or on the fly without stopping because that takes away the feeling of power it has. Planting your feet to BOOM! feels and looks better than flicking your wrist. Also, Banshee uses her hands to cast it, so wtf right? You cwn already use it on the fly though, by jumping and booming.

And what does the order of the skills have to do with whether or not they should be castable while reloading?

Sonar should just be an aura; SIlence should be on a per-cast basis, but actually work.

You mean Sonar should be a toggle? Auras kind of imply a wholly different niche for the mod.

I think DE is just going to make Sonar a toggle effect that recasts itself every 10 seconds or whatever, draining energy every time until it's turned off. Every Banshee player seems to want it and I dont care either way, so it's probably happening.

SB shouldnt be able to be cast while reloading or on the fly without stopping because that takes away the feeling of power it has. Planting your feet to BOOM! feels and looks better than flicking your wrist. Also, Banshee uses her hands to cast it, so wtf right? You cwn already use it on the fly though, by jumping and booming.

And what does the order of the skills have to do with whether or not they should be castable while reloading?

I haven't heard about DE making Sonar a toggle personally.

I agree for Sonic Boom.

Generally the first skills are not as strong as the other abilities, so they are generally faster to cast and less intrusive for the reload. That's the reasoning in general, not an absolute rule.

You mean Sonar should be a toggle? Auras kind of imply a wholly different niche for the mod.

No, I meant that it should act the way Silence does currently, where it persists and follows Banshee for its duration.  Most abilities are unsuited for the toggle mechanic, Absorb being an egregious example.