Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crimson Dervish V Iron Phoenix

(XBOX)Grihaly

Question

10 answers to this question

It comes down to personal preference on the setup. Dervish hits like a truck, but is slow and rather clunky.

Iron phoenix on the other hand gives you utility, with an increased proc chance on the lunge and a nice stun combo.

Really it depends on what I want. If I'm going for a gun based build, I'd rather take a CD Dakra prime, simply because it hits hard, and I will only be using quick melee.

However if I'm running a melee build, I'd much rather use an IP Heat Sword. The innate high proc chance on it, as well as the proc on the lunge lets me shred enemies with the right procs.

Secondly, the stun combo will proc the heat swords fire explosion, setting nearby enemies on fire, which is always satisfying

Finally I like to run that sort of thing on Ash, and given his ult scales off combo multiplier, I'd much rather a large number of weaker strikes to stack that up.

Bladestorm will hit harder than any melee weapon

Yes, the two stances are well balanced, and serve different purposes. CD is your "feel like a heavy shortsword" weapon, while IP is mobility, utility, and proc based. Take your pick, and pick something that complements your loadout. And it's always a good idea to try everything, and find what suits you most.

It comes down to personal preference on the setup. Dervish hits like a truck, but is slow and rather clunky.

Iron phoenix on the other hand gives you utility, with an increased proc chance on the lunge and a nice stun combo.

Really it depends on what I want. If I'm going for a gun based build, I'd rather take a CD Dakra prime, simply because it hits hard, and I will only be using quick melee.

However if I'm running a melee build, I'd much rather use an IP Heat Sword. The innate high proc chance on it, as well as the proc on the lunge lets me shred enemies with the right procs.

Secondly, the stun combo will proc the heat swords fire explosion, setting nearby enemies on fire, which is always satisfying

Finally I like to run that sort of thing on Ash, and given his ult scales off combo multiplier, I'd much rather a large number of weaker strikes to stack that up.

This.

Well, since my Rhino is more for hitting like a truck (with dread and a vasto) I think Crimson Derv would suit me better :P

Thanks.