Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Concept Art Project] Corpus Crewmen - Arctic Crewman T-Pose + Cloak Test

arch111

Hi all!

This thread is dedicated to exploring the crewmen primarily.

They all look the same, and I am sure this is in the works at DE, it won't stop me from dreaming of new units.

First I want to explore the arctic crewmen and new units for this tileset.

The first thing to consider is colors. They need to blend in more, so pale blues, greys and whites is a must.

I am toying with alt helm and a cloak, but so far it looks weird.

This is my base, will see about maby replacing the helmet and adding winter gear.

picsart_1412328497818_by_gaber111-d81ero

Any suggestions at this point?

Edited by arch111

I think they should be armed with the Glaxion, and a new weapon called Cryo-Grenades, which emit a big freezing blast that coats enemies in ice and lowers shields dramatically.

For the design itself I think those shoulder pad things should actually be part of the winter gear. They'd be embedded in the cloaks/coats, and lock onto the armor using magnets or something, allowing for easy removal and less chance of the cloak/coat getting in the way of anything while in combat.

Essentially they'd be high-tech clasps, and the ones at the waist could also be used for a skirt/kilt.

Edited by Sasquatch180

Definitely a +1 for the art. The skintight suit suits them better then the baggy ones Your stuff is great, Arc. As for this:

he might need to be a litte "buff" (thicker suit) so he can withstand the freezing cold better, and they should use the Glaxion

They may want to carry a Reheater Pack, a backpack that creates and channels heat inside their suit. Similar to the Coolant Pack Arid Troopers/Elite Lancers wear.

I would love to see the alt helmet having a visor on it, and not box-shaped like the regular ones, thats become really boring.

Also, if its not too much work, could you make a drawing of what a crewman with a Corpus riot shield would look like?

Edited by Institute-Marksman

Thanks guys :)

The clasp idea for extra gear is actually really good. And easily implemented by DE in the model rig.

The buffness is open for debate.

An alt helm with a different visor is in the works.

Riot? Hmm. Will think on it for the melee veteran I am planning.

Ok, a new unit for corpus?

Ice planet map only: corpus engineer maybe? coming to help clean up this mess (the crash site), as for his appearence he could have winter gear too but i think he could use a more of construction site outfit, like some heavy helmet (like the former crewmen, corpus crewman now), and he`s armed with quanta maybe?

Also another new unit i thought of: Corpus spec. ops

perhaps the equivelant of prosecuters on shipyards, but for ice planet

just almost the same outfit of normal crewman but coloured in black with some tool belt on his waist, armed with, uuuuummmmmmmmm..... don`t hate me but; penta (surely not the one as we know it)

(no serious need to draw them)

what you think?

Ok, a new unit for corpus?

Ice planet map only: corpus engineer maybe? coming to help clean up this mess (the crash site), as for his appearence he could have winter gear too but i think he could use a more of construction site outfit, like some heavy helmet (like the former crewmen, corpus crewman now), and he`s armed with quanta maybe?

Also another new unit i thought of: Corpus spec. ops

perhaps the equivelant of prosecuters on shipyards, but for ice planet

just almost the same outfit of normal crewman but coloured in black with some tool belt on his waist, armed with, uuuuummmmmmmmm..... don`t hate me but; penta (surely not the one as we know it)

(no serious need to draw them)

what you think?

I feel it'd be a bit more fitting for the units wielding Pentas to be a variant of the Corpus Tech, with the reasoning being that the units with the highest shields (barring Proxies) would be the most likely to be handling explosive weaponry.

Definitely a +1 for the art. The skintight suit suits them better then the baggy ones Your stuff is great, Arc. As for this:

They may want to carry a Reheater Pack, a backpack that creates and channels heat inside their suit. Similar to the Coolant Pack Arid Troopers/Elite Lancers wear.

I would love to see the alt helmet having a visor on it, and not box-shaped like the regular ones, thats become really boring.

Also, if its not too much work, could you make a drawing of what a crewman with a Corpus riot shield would look like?

The Riot should could be a energy shield

It's hell on the nerves to try and redesign something that is signature.

Corpus boxheads are hard to do away with without a total redesign.

However, I managed to get this together and I admit I'm pretty pleased all things considered.

Movement in snow and icy winds motivate a free helmet with wind and snow protection around the visor.

Does it read Corpus enough?

arctic_crewman02_by_gaber111-d81h456.jpg

It's hell on the nerves to try and redesign something that is signature.

Corpus boxheads are hard to do away with without a total redesign.

However, I managed to get this together and I admit I'm pretty pleased all things considered.

Movement in snow and icy winds motivate a free helmet with wind and snow protection around the visor.

Does it read Corpus enough?

It certainly looks nice at first sight. I would need to see one in 3d to fully judge it. +1

Started painting on an old render of mine. I wanted to sort of do a winter cloak unit.

You see the normal crewmen in the background.

This is a *fast* doodle. Let's treat it as such ok?

Having said that, what are your impressions of it?

corpus_cloak_by_gaber111-d81jeol.png

I feel it'd be a bit more fitting for the units wielding Pentas to be a variant of the Corpus Tech, with the reasoning being that the units with the highest shields (barring Proxies) would be the most likely to be handling explosive weaponry.

maybe, but i thought a spec ops has to be special, first corpus unit to use explosive weapon, also it could be exclusive to ice planet, providing cover for the engineers.

Started painting on an old render of mine. I wanted to sort of do a winter cloak unit.

You see the normal crewmen in the background.

This is a *fast* doodle. Let's treat it as such ok?

Having said that, what are your impressions of it?

corpus_cloak_by_gaber111-d81jeol.png

not bad, but looks like league of assasins not corpus lol.

Why would a dude in an environmentally controlled suit need to wear a robe? lol

Modifying their suits so they look better prepared for different environments seems like a more sensible idea.

I can understand that on a "royal guard" or whatever, to look good in court, but out in the field they don't need it, it's a waste of money to give them such things.

Maybe it could work as a form of camoflauge when fighting in the snow? Eh, I'm sure logic can be twisted until it makes sense.

Edited by DarkTails

Lol, yeah, any time I draw a futuristic soldier I end up drawing a power ranger xD

I don't think you have to completely redesign them, keeping the basic outfit and simply adding different attachments would work just as well. The suits are already protecting them against the elements, as shown when they can run around in freezing conditions as well as walk 3 feet above a lava pool in Alad's level lol. For example:

Arctic Corpus

•Add "heater units" attached to their backs. They can also serve as weak spots, if you shoot them enough they can explode and trigger a fire proc.

•Add glowing red/orange tubes or bands to the arms and legs to show that there's heat being distributed to their limbs

•Add a constant steam effect rising from their heater units

•Melee units would carry Kamas, or something similar to an Ice Axe.

•Add crampons to their boots

Edited by DarkTails

Arctic Corpus

•Add "heater units" attached to their backs. They can also serve as weak spots, if you shoot them enough they can explode and trigger a fire proc.

•Add glowing red/orange tubes or bands to the arms and legs to show that there's heat being distributed to their limbs

•Add a constant steam effect rising from their heater units

•Melee units would carry Kamas, or something similar to an Ice Axe.

•Add crampons to their boots

Kama`s a tenno weapon (a tenno style hatchet, capable of making short work of any foe), corpus can`t use it.... also no need for melee units, prod crewman is enough i think (not because he`s OP, because he blocks fire when close)