Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Other Side Of Survival Missions

Sylencer1982

We're all hearing about the "lone Tenno operator" rooting around and snagging gear for us.

But why can't *we* be that "lone Tenno operator?" It's not as if the game doesn't have solo-only missions already.
It'd probably fall under an "alert" mission, with a similar "life support percentage" shown, but not directly controllable on our end. It could either be random or pulled from data on an existing support mission.

(It'd also motivate people to extend survival missions longer, as they wouldn't want to get stuck with the "lone Tenno" mission with the short timer...)

This would be fun, but the Lone Tenno shouldn't be equipped with lethal weapons, and getting spotted should have grave consequences, otherwise people could just go Rhino P + Boltor P all over the place.

Go in as Lone Tenno, have only non-lethal weapons.

I think that it would also need drastic improvements to stealth and sneaking.

But all in all I like the idea.

It's a very nice idea... but I'm confused in regards to how it would work if it was actually implemented... Per mission, a squad can only hold up to four people... Correct me if I'm wrong, if a player were to participate as the "lone tenno", wouldn't that mean there would only be a maximum of three players doing the distraction??? Also, wouldn't the mission fail if the "lone tenno" player were to die?

Edited by Sync527

It's a very nice idea... but I'm confused in regards to how it would work if it was actually implemented... Per mission, a squad can only hold up to four people... Correct me if I'm wrong, if a player were to participate as the "lone tenno", wouldn't that mean there would only be a maximum of three players doing the distraction??? Also, wouldn't the mission fail if the "lone tenno" player were to die?

There have been glitches where more than 4 tenno appear in a mission- dojos can also hold more than 4 tenno if I'm not mistaken. not like you couldn't break the rule of 4.

It would have to be a stealth op.

Alternatively, you could equip thief's wit and master thief, and then hit every single locker and container between the starting point and extraction.  See how fast you clear the map.  The fact the dude takes 5 minutes to find anything on Jupiter is inexcusable though.  The entire tile set is made nothing but lockers.

Edited by Littleman88

...The fact the dude takes 5 minutes to find anything on Jupiter is inexcusable though.  The entire tile set is made nothing but lockers.

That is actually a good point. Running around as a player, who is probably used to the fast action pased gameplay of regular WF missions, and then having to wait/work for 5 minutes before something looty drops wouldn't fly very well with the rest of the game.

If DE makes anything remotely like this, they really need to plan it out and think it thoroughly through.

• 4 weeks later...