Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would You Balance Pvp?

Rakshal

Fixing PvP:
Assuming you did not like the above, here is what if do to the current system.

1) defenders can run out of corrupted units
OR
defenders have a reinforcements revive pool of like 30-35

2) specters now automatically fight if not controlled
OR
specters do not spawn at all

3) how to team balance:
If there are 2 defenders and 2 attackers, the attackers or defenders can gain a player. However, either side cannot gain another player until the other has gained their third player (avoiding a 4v2).

4) keep the leveling system, but add in a timer based leveling system as well

5) remove stagger and knockdown from melee combat

6) multiple routes to get from the spawn to the battlefield

Edit: Destiny did not balance for PvP. It simply added an automatic scaling of weaponry.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Removed Off-Topic Text

Not all these ideas will work together, some will. Just random thoughts that came into mind throughout the day.

Multiple Spawn Point/No Spawn Points

It just seems so ridiculous that Tenno would attack at only one point. Especially because they are attacking from space and have a near infinitude of directions to attack from. So why just that one spot? Why not allow a top down map view prior to spawn allowing the attacking Tenno to choose where to attack from, allowing for random error to occur throwing said Tenno off by a few meters from his chosen spawn point.

Allow the defenders to be able to see the attacking Tenno only as they pass through the shield barrier, allowing some sniping, but still eliminating spawn-camping. This would of course be applied to support crew etc.

In the very least double the size of that first area and have a second spawn point.

More Map Customization Options

Allow tacticians/warlords more control of the layout of their solar rails, instead of just moving a turret around. I dunno, maybe add a couple different tile options, defensive barriers etc., stuff they can place where they want. It is a defensive position, they have the upper hand. Will also help to spice up the repetitiveness of the current layouts.

Battlepay

If you depend on PvP conflicts for cash, then you're in a sad state of affairs to begin with. And besides, not much is being handed out now that the "mega-alliance" controls all the sectors. Something more is needed for the rest of us. Bring back the rare mod drops like Berserker and Decisive Judgement? Maybe hand out some rare resources? Like all the gallium and orokin cells that are been taxed. Maybe some affinity? Something other than a few space-bucks.

Or best yet, allow battlepay to be given only to members of the alliance defending or attacking the rail. That would be the ultimate PvP, not who is the best player, but who has the better alliance. And if you want the support of the populace outside your alliance, than earn it through merit. People will defend the low taxers and attack the high taxers.

Or as I saw someone else once mention, eliminate all battlepay completely. If you can't defend the rail on your own, you don't get to have it. If you tax the pants players, they won't support you.

Also: should eliminate the 50% payout for a mission failed. Having it encourages way too much AFK'ers clogging up real attempts to take a DS, while draining the attackers cash reserves. The current "mega-alliance" will still abuse this however, with so many alliances members available to AFK an opposing clans assault. Something should be done about AFKing perhaps?

Leveling-Up Mechanic

While it is a neat feature, it doesn't really make sense in the PvP scenario. Maybe put that in T4S or something, maybe make that the next Void tier, T5S????

But seriously get rid of it here. So many people spend so much time honing their skill and getting the right gear for the right moments, why spoil that? The game is about skill right? And now that the honeymoon for PvP is over, you don't see as many Rhino/Orthos/whatever set-up. Tenno are diversifying their game - somewhat -  in PvP(aside from Ash ultimate spam). And if PvP is end-game as so many claim, let us play with the gear we have so carefully earned. I dunno, as I've said before, it seems foolish that Tenno would go into something so poorly prepared.

Plus there is nothing as bad as entering a match late as an unranked whatever, fighting a lvl anything 1+ yours, its almost impossible to catch up at that point.

Just some suggestions, I had more, but as I'm slow to type, I've forgotten them by this point.

Something must be with PvP for the majority of players to have any interest in it.

Thanks for the detailed post. I like the idea for random spawns and map customization especially.

Conclave pm I sent to another person via skype.

Conclave Specific to encourage people to try / join it.

#1) Spectator. allow new people to see / watch players. O/P Advertised. (Train / allow new people to learn things + allow tournaments to be watched / streamed.)

#2) Small reward for kills / rounds. Pref both (Fall under advertisement)

#3) Check your balancing for weapons. This will take 10 seconds but you will see how an embolist that does 1 dmg / bullet gets stupid vs anyone, even if the embo is 6 formas in. Snipers not being able to 1 shot, regular weapons such as boar prime using 100% viral etting stupid, ect.

#4) Map Selection (Perhaps something like a dropdown such as sechura or inside the game.)

#5) Tournament Style Conclaves inside for an option (Make things fair / easy to use.)

#6) Matching. MMR, anything of the sort. Keep it away from the eyes of the players so they don't abuse their MMR to a point where they are vsing out of their league.

#7) Check your balancing for weapons. This will take 10 seconds but you will see how an embolist that does 1 dmg / bullet gets stupid vs anyone, even if the embo is 6 formas in. Snipers not being able to 1 shot, regular weapons such as boar prime using 100% viral etting stupid, ect.

#1) I would like a spectator option for people, it would help out judges a lot for conclave tournaments.

#2) This would be nice but I have a feeling that PvE players might get upset by that. :/

#3) It would be awesome to have an area where you can test how good good your builds are against players. Perhaps just like a small room with a specter sitting still and you can choose between a max survivabilty Valkyr, Zephyr, or Ash (as it seems those are the most tanky frames for PvP) to shoot at.

#4) Map selection would be nice but I doubt anyone would pick any other map over Europa's arena, so they would have to remake the maps so that they are all appealing.

#5) I think a spectator mode would be just enough for tournaments.

#6) That might be a good idea however very few people play PvP so matching people up with similar stats would be difficult. I also wouldn't do it with mastery rank as that is not a good indication of skill or knowledge. I would either rework the conclave rating system or match people based on kill death ratio.

#7) You repeated number three. lol

Balance:

- You can pick any frame

- you can pick any mod at any rank you want

- you can pick any weapon

- you can pick any aura

- you can pick any companion

All is in your power, you'll have your full dream-mode customization, and if you lose it won't be the game being unbalanced, it will be you making the wrong decicsion, failing to adapt.

I posted an idea like this a couple times. Mine was said along the lines of there should be a PvP tab where all frames, weapons, mods, are accessible at max rank and you have a catalyst in all of the weapons and frames and have unlimited forma so you can mod them how you want. Basically, this sorta system would base players around skill and knowledge rather than who farmed the most.

Edited by Rakshal