Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Permanent Consequence

MihawkDulacr1

Hey fellow tenno,

It might be a silly discussion but after re-looking through vay hek messages. And I began to wonder, what if warframe would include real consequences.

Take Gate Crash for example, naturally the challenge would be beafed up. But what if the tenno wouldnt have been able to pull it of. Lets say, the community wouldnt have reached a certain amount of done missions. What if the grineer would have invaded the void and and destroyed a few possible archwings, making it nearly impossible to restore those other variations and thus DE would release less archwings , or maybe the destroyed ones could be in hibernation in the void - trying to repair themselves.

Or Ice Front Event. What if we hadnt kill all of those eximuses and suddenly many of them appear in actual battlefield?

There is so many possibilities that surely would bring up rage..but i wonder if someone would be interested in a game like that.

We had Gradivus Dilemma, which had a choice between factions, and that leads to another event - Hunt for Alad V, after that was 2 Grineer operations, Cicero and Tethra, where we crippled Grineer production. After Breeding Grounds, when Corpus tried a new infesting tactics, so Hive missions emerged. 

Story is developing, and we are part of that story, that is nice.

Edited by Vicious_D

We had Gradivus Dilemma, which had a choice between factions, and that leads to another event - Hunt for Alad V, after that was 2 Grineer operations, Cicero and Tethra, where we crippled Grineer production. After Breeding Grounds, when Corpus tried a new infesting tactics, so Hive missions emerged. 

Story is developing, and we are part of that story, that is nice.

Indeed it is, i just thought of the possibilty, what would be if the grineer would have fought us back (naturally impossible thought) but it keeps making me thinking, what would have been if we wouldnt have been able to stop cicero for example.

Old events were like this, but we Tenno never fail when we work together.

I miss those old events, it was more fun when there was a threat that the event as a whole may fail and have negative concequences.

They may reintroduce that aspect of certain events sometime. The DEv's just need to determine a reasonable requirement that we stand a fair chance of meeting if we all pull through, which is hard.

At the same time though; Failing an event would be extremely frustrating to those who pulled far more than their own weight. some people just do enough to get rewards, while those who did extra runs, in an order to set high scores and/or ensure success will likely be quite angry with the rest for not having pulled their own weight.

Old events were like this, but we Tenno never fail when we work together.

I miss those old events, it was more fun when there was a threat that the event as a whole may fail and have negative concequences.

They may reintroduce that aspect of certain events sometime. The DEv's just need to determine a reasonable requirement that we stand a fair chance of meeting if we all pull through, which is hard.

At the same time though; Failing an event would be extremely frustrating to those who pulled far more than their own weight. some people just do enough to get rewards, while those who did extra runs, in an order to set high scores and/or ensure success will likely be quite angry with the rest for not having pulled their own weight.

I miss it too.. id even do a lot more missions from the events- just to ensure success.