The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Give Me A "play Now" Button Please.

Psyked

And I mean not only when there's nobody else running the mission, I mean as an option. I know I have a good connection, I know I can host just fine. Instead, I'm getting stuck with this on a regular basis:

http://youtu.be/yNQ4QpxS0yk

http://youtu.be/drGbUXElL30

This a) isn't fun at all and b) usually results in a failed mission if it's any type of defense. Also this happens several times on every single alert:

s3vXzJc.jpg

And to be perfectly honest, I'd rather wait for other people to join me, instead of having to put up with this.

Edited by Psyked

100% agree. At least half of the games I join are like this. I should be able to choose whether I want to host or join, because at 20 down/10 up, I know I'm a better host than 90% of the people I join.

Also, getting 15 "You have been disconnected from this game session." messages in a row when trying to join an alert is probably the single most frustrating thing I've ever had to deal with in a game.

I was stuck getting that message on the dagger axe BP for like 10 minutes. It really needs to change.

I just wonder what the problem is... Are two players being assigned to the same game and one gets kicked because the game is full?

When you select a mission, if it does not immediately link you to a group, the "Online" button changes to "Start Now"

I have begun missions rather than wait for a group because of this exact issue.

And what do you do if it doesn't? Even if it does, if I host a game, I'm probably better off playing solo... at least I won't get flamed because of lags then.

And what do you do if it doesn't? Even if it does, if I host a game, I'm probably better off playing solo... at least I won't get flamed because of lags then.

I am confused... Doesn't what? Link you to a group? I can start a mission solo, while online, and it works fine. Or I can join a group (usually after a few attempts) and not host. So are you commenting on the original topic of having an immediate play option, or are you commenting on lag?

Also, I am sorry to hear you get flamed for lagging people. I wish people didn't react so hastily... or angrily.

I am confused... Doesn't what? Link you to a group? I can start a mission solo, while online, and it works fine. Or I can join a group (usually after a few attempts) and not host. So are you commenting on the original topic of having an immediate play option, or are you commenting on lag?

Also, I am sorry to hear you get flamed for lagging people. I wish people didn't react so hastily... or angrily.

The problem the OP (and many others as well) has, is that the "play now" button doesn't appear while linking to a group leads to the picture the OP posted.

In other words: You can't play unless you play solo/private.

The problem the OP (and many others as well) has, is that the "play now" button doesn't appear while linking to a group leads to the picture the OP posted.

In other words: You can't play unless you play solo/private.

Alright, fair enough. The issue I am seeing here is that the queue is linking you to a group too fast. So rather than giving you a chance to start the mission it immediately puts you in the queue. I guess the solution would be to either have a buffer time before joining a group, or to better set people into groups (before they fill up)...

To clarify, the option for starting a mission without a party appears only when you are not linked to a group. So if you start a mission and no one is available, then you can start the mission. This happens to me a lot when I do an alert that has a low reward.

And I mean not only when there's nobody else running the mission, I mean as an option. 

So if you start a mission and no one is available, then you can start the mission.

I'm just going to assume you accidentally read over my first sentence, because this is exactly what I'm talking about.

If I understand the mechanics correctly, the matchmaker doesn't lock your slot in a session until after the 5 second countdown ends, during which, it may direct another client to the same slot (the second guy usually gets the Disconnected message). I would suggest that it instead commit the slot immediately and allow cancellation in the first 5 seconds, requeueing the session for the matchmaker to add someone else on cancel. If it can't find a slot, do what it does now, switch to hosting mode & wait for peers.

If it doesn't work like that, I suggest that the reject message happen before the countdown is started. The client should attempt to connect to the host immediately and once the host is full, it should start telling clients without the 5 second count "I've got 4 already, try someone else"

It also shouldn't cancel your session join request; it should requeue the client for the same mission automatically until you get in.

I'm sure there are some problems with this method like significantly more complex matchmaking either in terms of memory or processing, and it ignores issues (that Warframe probably already handles) caused by firewalled peers, but it would smooth out one more issue that makes this game feel buggy-beta instead of gold master.

Additionally, there should be an option to host the map from start as opposed to always going into a current game when valid. Said option would be provided once the map is selected.

This is not only to avoid hosts with limited bandwidth(ie. DSL, Satellite), but it would allow us to bypass the

s3vXzJc.jpg

And to be perfectly honest, I'd rather wait for other people to join me, instead of having to put up with this.

They should recode (or whatever) how "online joining" stuff works.

Once you start joining the host, game engine should reserve a slot at host for you and that's it

Yesterday I had like 15 min of trying to join (or start) alert mission, I lost nerves and almost punched my LCD monitor !

I can finish any alert mission SOLO with no problem but my quad IvyBridge makes a good host and that can help other players with weaker comp have a good gameplay experience etc. bla bla bla

I protest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also having extra options to force ONLINE host and ONLINE join (for those with slower PC) would help a lot

Edited by Strac_CRO

If everybody hosts, the server will get e-raped, completely defying the point of P2P connections.

This.

Don't downvote this reason. Its like you guys have never played a P2P game before... If everyone could choose to host, then who would join anyone (they would all be fighting over who's connection would be better for hosting...)?

DE has stated they are working on host migration/prediction when joining a game. Soon people that would be able to host with Strict NAT's and sub 2mbps Upload hopefully won't in the future.

If everyone could choose to host, then who would join anyone

The ones who know they don't have the best connection. If the matchmaker can't decide who's the best host, people need to be able to do so themselves.

Edited by Psyked

100% agree. At least half of the games I join are like this. I should be able to choose whether I want to host or join, because at 20 down/10 up, I know I'm a better host than 90% of the people I join.

This is the best ideer, ive heard in a long time,

I second that.!!!

Edited by D3ST

About 80% of the games I end up joining either have significant lag (enemies teleporting a few seconds after I shoot them) or downright unplayable lag (nothing moves, ever). I'm from the UK and have a pretty good upload and download speed, a very decent computer and an open NAT. It's very silly that I just have to hope that I get to press "Play Now" before I get thrown into multiple lagging games/stuck waiting to join one host for a while.