Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plz Help Im Dying Out Of Frustraiton

(PSN)WTFMAN_2000

Question

So ive been reading around the forums and saw tht people were saying tht loki is a good war frame so i got him but i always find myself down or dead so i also have volt but people are saying he isnt good endgame so i was gonna get rhino but i have to rank up twice and im stuck on rank 0 arrgghhh helpp should i stick with loki does he get better or should i get rhino or should i continue to use volt orrrrrrr should i get excalibur as almost everyone is using him.

11 answers to this question

All I can say is to not listen to what others tell you, especially about weapons of Warframes. Form your own opinions. I can't tell you how often people tell me Excalibur is useless, only for them to eat their words once the End of Mission screen pops up.

This. Loki is a God, but to use a god you must first understand a god. For that you need to learn how the game works/how you want to play.

The only way to do that is play the way you want to, make your own mistakes and generally ask about Min/Max ing.

For Loki to work you need to get his Invisibility duration up. Duration mods are

- Continuity

- Constitution

- Narrow Minded

+ Streamline for energy efficiency

Once you get used to use Invisibility and Decoy you should get along using him.

Get Invisibility's duration up and get a good weapon with elemental mods for most damage against any faction :

Corrosive + Heat against Infested + Void

Radiation against Grineer

Magnetic + Toxic against Corpus

For the next frame I recommend Rhino to new players and they are always quite happy with him. He is a tank and useful for any content.

Once you get used to the game and have good gear and high rank mods any warframe will do. But Rhino will be a good and painless way to get there. His Iron Skin ( with buffed Power Strength : Intensify, Blind Rage + Streamline for energy efficiency ) will give you some comfort until you kill enemies way easier with better gear. His Stomp gives you a very nice CC.

If you dont have any free warframe slots you might want to sell one of the frames you got and build Rhino instead. For instance you might want to sell Volt and get Rhino instead. Loki is more useful in certain missions than Volt ( e.g. Rescue ). You can always easily reacquire any non prime frame later.

Edited by AdFinitum

You mention that people say Volt's not good for endgame, and that's an arguable point, but (and I mean no disrespect when I say this) you are very far from endgame. What makes most of the endgame gear work as well as they do is mods, mods you can acquire using any frame, in various places.

At the risk of sounding cliché, progression in Warframe is very much a journey, and with the Mastery system working as it does, you'll likely branch out and try a bunch of stuff one way or another. Might as well start with what you have. (Do note that Loki is kinda tough early on, but you can still get the hang of him).

What they meant about Loki not being a newbie friendly is in order to properly build Loki you'll need the mods, credits, resources and weapons which all new players are lacking. Use any frame that you feel comfortable with, learn the game mechanics, read the wiki and all. Amass resources, acquire all the necessary mods, rank up and build weapons. Then you can get back to your Loki. By then you probably develop a personal taste to which Warframe suits you best. But really a Loki can trivialize most mission if you choose so.

What they meant about Loki not being a newbie friendly is in order to properly build Loki you'll need the mods, credits, resources and weapons which all new players are lacking. Use any frame that you feel comfortable with, learn the game mechanics, read the wiki and all. Amass resources, acquire all the necessary mods, rank up and build weapons. Then you can get back to your Loki. By then you probably develop a personal taste to which Warframe suits you best. But really a Loki can trivialize most mission if you choose so.

I just hit Level 3 and I am still using Mag. I have been collecting parts and mods for Nyx and Banshee but I dont have enough mods to really make them useful right now so I am just running the original gear from the prologue. Solo I can get in trouble but with 1-2 other people no matter their level I can hang, even on some of the much tougher levels. To the OP, stick with the basics and build it up. The WF and gear get better as you level them up and get better mods. If you jump around then you are basically starting from scratch all the time and nothing will be good. Just my .02

I just hit Level 3 and I am still using Mag. I have been collecting parts and mods for Nyx and Banshee but I dont have enough mods to really make them useful right now so I am just running the original gear from the prologue. Solo I can get in trouble but with 1-2 other people no matter their level I can hang, even on some of the much tougher levels. To the OP, stick with the basics and build it up. The WF and gear get better as you level them up and get better mods. If you jump around then you are basically starting from scratch all the time and nothing will be good. Just my .02

Oh hey Mag was my first pick too :) she helped me opened up the Warframe world for me and of course the Rhino. Also you were spot on about your last statement.

Your problem is you are still rank 0 and struggling.  

The question there is "why". 

The rank 0 test is very hard with a bow, but if that is your problem ... like loki, the bow is an advanced weapon and not friendly to midgame play.  Lose it and buy a braton from the market if you are using a bow.  If you like the bow, keep it, fine / whatever but if its failing the test for you, at least do the test with an easier weapon. 

Also, if you do not know how to mod items, learn this.  Menu, arsenal,  upgrade and install the cards you want in your frame and weapons.  This is HUGE and a large part of the game.   You also want to do menu, inventory, mods and upgrade mods.  Its best to upgrade mods using fusion cores or copies of the same mod -- anything else gives very little progress toward the next level.   

Now, which mods?

to start out, you want to rank up  redirection, vitality, and steel fiber to at least 3.   Also serration for your rifle, along with any element mod you may have found or whatever you can that increases damage (ignore mag capacity and other stuff that is not helping direct damage for now). 

with just a few upgrades your ability to stay alive and fight will be increased GREATLY --- you should be able to do up to level 15 enemy soon if you follow these themes (direct damage weapons, durability on warframe). 

This is not a loki problem, though that frame may be difficult to master at low levels ANY frame with some durability and a weapon can do the early game stuff and get started.   Any frame.   Frames with a large, cheap AOE level faster and are easier -- mag is honestly the easy starter frame, you can kill every mob in every room with one "pull" skill usage on the starter planets and with mods all the way up to fairly tough stuff ---  but while some frames make it even easier to get going, any frame can DO it if you focus on those basic concepts. 

Edited by jonnin