Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Having Itunes Issues.....

AVEOX

Wrong forum mate

This is Off Topic section mate.

It's so sad this came from a Founder.

Probably because of the file type, ipods can ony play .mpp3 and .mp4 formats if im not wrong

My music played perfectly fine last night, and then I just added new music and synced it.

Bam, some of the old musics won't play...

This is Off Topic section mate.

It's so sad this came from a Founder.

My music played perfectly fine last night, and then I just added new music and synced it.

Bam, some of the old musics won't play...

dafuq try unsyncing it 

ALll this is from google btw, i dotn really know about or use apple >.>

As someone who used to use iTunes, this happened to me all the time. Every single time (yes, every time) I tried to sync libraries, iTunes would screw up the file pathing. After that, the only way to make my music work again would be to manually point iTunes back to the original location of every single file.

I don't know how or why iTunes was breaking its memory of where everything was, but reconstructing thousands of file paths is not something I was willing to keep doing. I no longer bother with iTunes; it's kinda crap.

You don't have any trouble playing all your files from iTunes on your laptop?

As someone who used to use iTunes, this happened to me all the time. Every single time (yes, every time) I tried to sync libraries, iTunes would screw up the file pathing. After that, the only way to make my music work again would be to manually point iTunes back to the original location of every single file.

I don't know how or why iTunes was breaking its memory of where everything was, but reconstructing thousands of file paths is not something I was willing to keep doing. I no longer bother with iTunes; it's kinda crap.

You don't have any trouble playing all your files from iTunes on your laptop?

No problem when playing it on the itunes on laptop.

It's just on the ipod itself...

No problem when playing it on the itunes on laptop.

It's just on the ipod itself...

This is a "duh" solution, so forgive me if it's a little insulting.

Does your iPod have a function that lets you completely reset it to factory settings? I seem to recall being able to do that with the older models I owned in the past.

If I'm remembering correctly, it should go something like Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Settings. If you've already tried this and it didn't help, did you check to see if the same songs are consistently not working?

The type of memory your iPod uses could also be a factor. Mechanical drives can develop bad sectors, which is what a complete data "wipe and replace" might help determine. If you erase and re-sync that iPod a couple times and you see that it's only ever the same files causing problems, then the issue is probably not the iPod itself. That would be kinda good news, since iPods aren't cheap to replace.

It all depends on how badly you want to solve the mystery. I eventually just quit using iTunes :P

Edited by notlamprey