The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Npcs Fighting Eachother

Willitblend

2vcydc9.jpg

Besides this two guys hating eachother that much that they desided to make a show infront of us and the fact that someone stole my face, It happened on some mission where originally we were fighting corpus and after walking into different room there were greener that were shooting each other... I can't be more spesific, I am only able to provide that much info.

It's possible as well as sort of realistic. The factions don't like eachother at all and who knows, maybe the Grineer want to raid a Corpus ship for one reason or another?

You got it wrong, I am talking about Grineer fighting Grineer and Infested ( as shown in screenshot ) fighting Infested.

You got it wrong, I am talking about Grineer fighting Grineer and Infested ( as shown in screenshot ) fighting Infested.

I was talking in general.

I've had Corpus fighting Grineer and Corpus fighting Infested as well. I wasn't mentioning your screenshot, I was talking in the game AS A WHOLE.

It's not a bug and it's done on purpose. In fact, I wish it happened more often, perhaps as a "surprise attack" from another faction.

I was talking in general.

I've had Corpus fighting Grineer and Corpus fighting Infested as well. I wasn't mentioning your screenshot, I was talking in the game AS A WHOLE.

It's not a bug and it's done on purpose. In fact, I wish it happened more often, perhaps as a "surprise attack" from another faction.

Alright yeah sure, as far they dont fight the same faction... but that is off topic...

his point was that without a nyx, theres 2 infected beating the crap out of eachother. that normally shouldnt happen.

i do know WHY it happens though. the AI instinctually will attack opposing factions. it doesnt appear that enemies are on "different teams" as far as the engine is concerned. this means that when multiple factions are tossed in, friendly fire is activated for the "opposing team" and the AI will then attack enemies they were designed to attack. involuntarily, this will cause any enemies that knock down their own faction or cause them to flinch will then consider this a hostile attack, and begin attacking that AI as a threat, just as if you had beat them in the back of the head with your scindo.

this is most common with ancients, since their attacks are nothing but flinching and knockdowns.

I didn't get his point.

Did you?

If you did, PLEASE elaborate it.

Two Infested Ancients are fighting each other. There is no Nyx that is mind-controlling one of them. We are all aware the factions don't like each other. It's in the lore, and some missions feature multiple factions that do in fact fight each other.

Wait, maybe there is a Nyx in that party, but isn't pictured? Yeah, that's wierd stuff

different factions fighting eachother is indeed intended- however the op's point is that sometimes the same faction will fight against itself. I too have seen this. i beleive it's a result of a multi-faction mission rolling the same faction twice and each instance of that same faction being in opposition to eachother.

Also, as an amusing side note- i was once defended by two granieer while breifly afk a few updates back. I came back to see a two granieer come up from behind me (it's not possible for them to have not 'seen' me) then checked the area while the shield lancer walked in circles around me (gun was not raised and it wasn't hostile) eventually stopping right in front of me and plopping his shield down to defend me as he would another granieer while the second granieer posted up at the doorway i was facing and looked out waiting for enemies. I spammed the screenshot button and should someday make a gif out of it.

Edited by AnalogAnomaly

The guy on the left, yeah he found his wife in bed with the other one, and that infested was going to have none of it. So this Tenno shows up and of course the plan is simple: kill the adulterer when the Tenno is near by and kill the Tenno then blame the Tenno for the infested on the left's death and get away with murder.  Makes sense to me.

different factions fighting eachother is indeed intended- however the op's point is that sometimes the same faction will fight against itself. I too have seen this. i beleive it's a result of a multi-faction mission rolling the same faction twice and each instance of that same faction being in opposition to eachother.

Also, as an amusing side note- i was once defended by two granieer while breifly afk a few updates back. I came back to see a two granieer come up from behind me (it's not possible for them to have not 'seen' me) then checked the area while the shield lancer walked in circles around me (gun was not raised and it wasn't hostile) eventually stopping right in front of me and plopping his shield down to defend me as he would another granieer while the second granieer posted up at the doorway i was facing and looked out waiting for enemies. I spammed the screenshot button and should someday make a gif out of it.

YOU MUST LINK US, YOU MUST!

By all means, Shield Lancers and Ancients may go all out beating each other up when their super-cheap-&#! moves hit one of theirs. I find that rather cute. I would probably not take someone from my team smashing my face in any more lightly.