Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation Needs Tutorial, And To Become Easier (New Players Dying Left, And Right)

Arlayn

I think, the game is state clear about what to do and how to do. The rest is require player to clarify it by themselves.

I was mastery rank 9, i miss the event, After the update, i use new warframe and weapons (all rank 1) and join the excavations missions. I was full of question mark, after a while, Lotus say protect something else, then i search something like A or B mark on the map, i reach there and start protecting the subject. I do it all by common sense, 

By far, i found that this mission really require teamwork. Not only hardcore protecting subject but leading others too. The most important thing is, provide answer to new comers and help them overcome the issues. 

I understand about people wont ask question or maybe not coming forum for answer, but simply blindly play a games. They still able to play most of the missions but this one is actually doing Defend, Survival and sabotage at same time. A multi-subject missions. But it still an easy one, because it wont fail when the subject is destroy, it wont fail when the subject run out of energy, It nice.

It hard to play, could be the mass spawn of enemy.

If your team have 3 new players, then lead them to protect the subject until extraction. Like how we do in defend wave 5 or survival 5 mins. 

If those new players not able to understand the Lotus instructions in the game, i dont think a tutorial will be helpful ....

If you notice people running around confused then speak up instead of letting it continue, its not hard.

Also, I have been playing excavation almost exclusively since they reactivated it, and I have not seen anywhere near what the OP is talking about.  Yes there is an occasional player that looks unsure but they usually catch on quickly.  The only time I have really seen people die a lot is when the mission has been going on for awhile and the enemies have got much tougher, but that is to be expected.

The mission type does not need to be made easier whatsoever, its fine as is.  Yes there is a slight learning curve, but seriously it is really minor.

Excavation is an amazing game mode, its fun and intense, and relatively simple to grasp.

I don't see how players can die fast in Venus, running solo with a about 360 shields and 150 health and I didn't have a problem staying alive until the detron crewman showed up about 5 excavators in. Those guys need toned down a little, or reserved for higher end planets, maybe replaced with the classic shockwave moas, but that's really about it. 
No other enemy was able to quickly damage me that I would die in seconds with basic levels of strafing. 

Edited by LukeAura

This seems like a lack of common sense and the ability to listen or read than with the actual game mode. Cryotic Front was one of my favorite events and Excavation is definitely my favorite mode.

The fact that you tried telling them what to do and they didn't listen does not mean the mode is too hard (although I do agree the spawn rate could be tweaked a little) but that they were not willing to communicate and learn. If they don't listen then blame them for dying. And before anyone says to go play it myself on pub, I have been playing this mode next to non-stop since it was added back in. I have been going in with all gear only around rank 10-15. I have yet to run into a problem with any groups or new tenno being ignorant and dying because they ran off on their own or wouldn't listen to instruction.

Only thing I would suggest is if you get a group like this again and they aren't listening just do the one then extract when you can. 

Edited by Shinobu_Scorpion

I did it up to the mods, and left. I consider it insane, and inhumane to stay long enough for the skin, and latron wraith. As a whole the event was a nightmare. I consider it the hardest mission type in the game. Its downright wrong these new players have to suffer something like this. This is going to bring bad rep for Warframe.

What...?

Getting all the rewards required 10 excavations in one europa mission.

How is that insane? Inhumane? How was the whole event a nightmare?

While I find excavation to be an awesome game mode (and Cryotic Front my favorite event thus far in my ~5 months of Warframe open beta), I do agree that it is a little too much for newer players.

Remember, these are players who have to contend with a serious lack of mods and all that that entails: few credits for upgrades, limited understanding of what is important (shields vs armor vs health, for example), no aura or stance mods (and the crucial extra mod capacity they offer), no companion (no sentinel support).

So yes, considering the larger spawn numbers, excavation may be a little overwhelming.