The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

What Are The Best Things To Do For Max Performance?

TheVivek13

Are there any specific settings that really boost peformance? (e.g., having certain DX settings on or off in the launcher)

I've unparked my cores and such, and I do play the game at around 45-60FPS, but I would love to have a constant 60FPS. Any ideas? :)

EDIT: Don't suggest something stupid like, "turn down all your settings to low." Obviously that's going to fix it. I want to know which settings effect performance the most so I can play at a higher FPS and make the best of the graphics without the game looking terrible.

Edited by TheVivek13

So in what terms do you want to turn it down to while still looking good? I personally have turned down the useless effects and lighting that makes the game unbearable to look at when playing. Motion blur is also useless but does one thing which makes the game's aesthetic style of looking claylike.

Edited by GSDAkatsuki

in DX11 most demanding would be Local Reflections (completely broken) and PhysX (specially for ATI/AMD cards as they do not have naitve support for it). Tesselation is next in the performance hitting list. Dynamic lights do have some impact but this option and colour correction are the ones that make this game look good, Rest of the settings just need enough memory on your GPU so if you have 2G or more of it then you  can crank everything with exception to polygon complexity to high.

This may be inaccurate in different cases so use this rather as a guide to settings tweaking rather than 24/7 goto settings.

Also, some users with windows 8/8.1 have reported that setting windows 7 compatibility mode has improved performance.

Edited by Taxiozaurus