Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Only, Secondary Only, And Primary Only Perks

CircularReason

So I am the type of player that likes to focus in on one particular weapon – Run a mission with just a bow, or more often, adapt the challenge of Melee only. My suggestion is simple. I think it would be great if, for those (as an example) running Melee only, that unequipping your primary and secondary would give you some kind of benefit that could make you a better melee character. There are multiple ways to manifest this, but overall, I think it should affect the amount of mods you can have in a certain area. Example implementation:

Each weapon (primary, secondary, and melee), if unequipped, allows you to, in its stead, add another mod to your warframe. So if you wanted to run with just a sword, you could unequip your primary and secondary, and in return, equip 2 more mods on your warframe, thus causing you to ‘specialize’ in swordsmanship.

Or perhaps, for even more variety, each weapon (primary, secondary, and melee), if unequipped, allows you to, in its stead, add another mod - anywhere.  So you could unequip  your pistol and your primary, and add one mod to your warframe, and one mod to your melee weapon. Or two mods to your melee weapon.

There are many ways to implement this, but I feel like this would provide an enjoyable ‘specialization’ option and open of the possibility for a larger variety of loadouts.

Thoughts?

The two mods would be Warframe mods. Not for the Boltor Prime.

It would still reinforce the mentality. It's not like people don't already go into matches and exclusively use their Boltor Prime/comparable secondary. I can honestly say I'd almost never use this for what OP is saying. And if I decided I did want to, I'd just use it to make my Valkyr even more ridiculous.

Adding some sort of perk for going one weapon only sounds cool, just not the perk OP suggested. I'd prefer that the 'perk' be exclusively utility based.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

I'd prefer that the 'perk' be exclusively utility based.

Agreed with this, know all the frame mods most people NEVER use (Maglev, handspring, etc)? Let them either be passively given or allowed on the frame "utility" list. Would sort of make sense with some such as being able to get up faster since there isn't a Supra attached to the upper body.

I am all for a 'utility' based perk, or whatever form we could come up with. My point is that I would like to 'specialize' in something, which allows me, by giving up something else, to become better in that which I specialize. Like branches of a skill tree in an RPG, by giving up some perks in magic and alchemy, I can become even better with a sword. I think it would be great if there was something in place which, I I choose to be a melee only character, allows me to grow in that, besides simply 'not having primary and secondary weapons'. Currently, whether I have these weapons equipped or not doesn't help or hurt me. I also find myself going melee only a lot, and wishing that I could grow in just this type of gameplay. Hence the addition of certain perks, via mods or abilities, utility based or otherwise, I think would make things more interesting. I, however, am certainly open to suggestions on what these 'benefits' might be. That's what great about these forums; the amount of ideas you can pull together to create something great.

'

I feel like if you aren't weighted down by both a primary and secondary weapon, then you should be able to move faster and swing your sword faster. For example, in all of the CoD games(hold on, give me a chance) the speed at which you can run depends on the weapons you have equipped. If for instance you have a giant SAW equipped, you run much slower than someone with say, a sawed off shotgun. Now, let's say you ditch the Supra and the giant Fragor. You should be able to run much faster with just you Bronco prime. Or if you ditch the primary and secondary, you're going to be able to swing that Galatine just a little bit faster, and with slightly more strength. You're also going to run out of stamina slower.