The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Krill: Fix This Crap

heroes42

Okay, I understand that farming for new frames takes time and effort for some people and then others get extremely lucky. I personally do not mind the tedious grind to get the parts, but when it comes to getting Frost, this boss can go screw itself.

I know that blueprints do not always drop 100%, but I have just finished running Krill 10 times and out of those 10, he did not drop a blueprint for a single Frost part. 4 of those 10 times, he didn't even drop a mod. I searched the entire map to make sure that nothing had flown around the room to a different location, but alas, no luck. On top of the horribly crappy chance of getting any sort of blueprint, this guy beats my &#! tenfold into oblivion. I have a maxed excalibur w/reactor, maxed Lex w/catalyst, almost maxed Gorgon, and almost maxed Gram. 

With three other people, this guy should not be as hard as he is when you compare him to other bosses. His health pool is absurdly high, and he hits hard as hell. There is also a glitch that when he dies, his dead body will continue hitting with an AOE which will kill you instantly.

TL;DR, make Krill a hell of a lot easier, or at least fix his drop rate. Please. 

To be fair, 10 runs of any boss is hardly an indicator of drop rate.  I think the minimum I've had to run a boss for warframe blueprints are around 15 runs, with an average of around 20. 

I agree the bug where his death triggers the never-ending ice wave spam is a huge problem though.  Hopefully they fix it in update 8 or preferably in 7.8.1 or another hotfix before that.

All in all to get Frost I had to do Lech Krill 143 times. Seems far fetched but that what happens I guess.

Wow.... my condolences... +___+

Edited by Gestalt

Personally it took me about 5 runs before the drop rate changes came in, and Kril was just the most annoying and toughest boss, back then. I only had my rank 30 Excalibur and regular weapons, but even with 4 players, he's still takes quiet a beating until he decides to die, which most times his body would just sit there and at times the drops would fly off everywhere -_- I don't see why he should be nerfed, he's a challenge compared to other bosses, mainly because of his high HP and strong attacks, I like how he is now, and I hope you have better luck farming Frost, he's worth it. And lastly, drop rates have already been changed, asking for another change will just further bring up more issues, all boss drop rates have a certain chance rate and also, random so just bear with it.

Okay, I understand that farming for new frames takes time and effort for some people and then others get extremely lucky. I personally do not mind the tedious grind to get the parts, but when it comes to getting Frost, this boss can go screw itself.

I know that blueprints do not always drop 100%, but I have just finished running Krill 10 times and out of those 10, he did not drop a blueprint for a single Frost part. 4 of those 10 times, he didn't even drop a mod. I searched the entire map to make sure that nothing had flown around the room to a different location, but alas, no luck. On top of the horribly crappy chance of getting any sort of blueprint, this guy beats my &#! tenfold into oblivion. I have a maxed excalibur w/reactor, maxed Lex w/catalyst, almost maxed Gorgon, and almost maxed Gram. 

With three other people, this guy should not be as hard as he is when you compare him to other bosses. His health pool is absurdly high, and he hits hard as hell. There is also a glitch that when he dies, his dead body will continue hitting with an AOE which will kill you instantly.

TL;DR, make Krill a hell of a lot easier, or at least fix his drop rate. Please. 

What? He's trivial with a Trinity around and anything that just utterly destroys his DPS (Stomp, Iron Skin, Bullet deflector). Hell, you can solo it with Trinity.

What? He's trivial with a Trinity around and anything that just utterly destroys his DPS (Stomp, Iron Skin, Bullet deflector). Hell, you can solo it with Trinity.

You can solo anything and everything with Trinity.

I honestly went up and bought the Frost because of how difficult this boss is. Even with equipment modded to the extreme he's still a pain in the butt. Honestly by stating that you have an easier time with trinity means this boss is a 'Trinity' boss (Nyuk nyuk), in that he requires a well rounded group to have a much easier time to deal with. This is quite unlike the typical Warframe boss.

Edited by Dancingfirefly

You can solo any boss with Trinity :|

The problem with lek kril isn't that he can deal too much damage.  It's more that he's so stupidly tanky.  In fact, he's pretty easy to solo with decent gear since he's only level ~34 and a S#&$ ton less tanky than the typical level 52 you see in a 4 player mission.

Edited by Aggh

I know, she's rediculous. My point being he's using the wrong frame or needs a better combination of frames to fight him easily.

My only gripe with the boss is the level itself. The new massive spiral tile really drags the end of the level and also has poor map guiding indicators, particularly when it involves that one elevator; made farming him a nightmare.

You forget that i'm trying to farm Krill IN ORDER TO GET A BETTER FRAME. Honestly I'd be fine if they just fixed all the bugs associated with the battle (i.e. loot doesn't fly off, no phantom body death stomping, no glitchy melee swings, etc.)

I know some of you have spent over 100+ rounds to get Frost parts, and that really does suck, which is why i'm suggesting some fixes to this boss. I'm not going to go farm to get Trinity (she looks like a piece of crap to me), just so I can use her to farm a boss to get the parts that I want to make the frame that I want to use. I shouldn't have to do that, it's ludicrous.

I agree with you here.  I have yet to see even a single blueprint drop.  It's not as big a problem for me being that a max level Rhino like myself can solo the boss quite easily, but I still don't want to spend hours upon hours doing this without a single drop. Then, I think, once something finally does drop, I have to hope that I get the three pieces I need and not a repeat. It's just discouraging, is all. When they changed the drop rates, did they lower this one ridiculously, or something?

I don't have a lot of trouble killing Kril (get close -> dodge hammer -> keep shooting), but it's time consuming and annoying, and she (or "he"... the Lotus calls Kril both) doesn't drop blueprints very often. I've run that mission at least 30 times and I only got 3 blueprints, two of which were the same. The Jackal, the Hyena and Anyo drop a lot more BPs for me (I used to farm them a lot) while also being less time consuming.

I think the problem is how random the system is. Either make the whole mission less time consuming or make the drop rates higher... or change the whole thing (not sure how though). It would be nice if players could work towards some kind of objective that once completed meant a guaranteed drop.

I have 293 (i believe) of time played (doesn't log lobby or pause, just play) and still only have the excalibur prime i got as a founder and the loki i bought with 75 plat just because. Been playing with Loki for 3 months. Still trying to get Rhino and Fragor.

Sitting on a 6k plat pile, but don't want to spend it on anything that's not cosmetic or that can be obtained without spending plat.

C'est notre vie

PS: I seldom play co-op, mostly solo due to loc work.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

So a few tips for fighting Krill.

1. Armor pen get it, boltor is best because of the stagger lock 

2. Krills melee attacks are very slow, you can actually run into melee range and back out as she starts it even with the Rhino

3. A good team comp makes it much faster. Volt, trinity, frost are all good to have due to having ways of preventing or healing the damage. At the very least if everyone has a boltor it will go much faster.

And finally if you want I can help you through the farm.

I farmed the Jackel 30 times and got 1 Rhino chassis, some materials, and I think 1 mod. I've seen blueprints fly into the air but couldn't find them anywhere. It would be nice if loot drops weren't affected by physics, the material containers however just fall to the ground where the boss, probably due to the new cylindrical storage container design (which I'm a fan of).

One of the most interesting bosses. Drags on a bit for sure but a satisfying opponent. You can trick him by getting close and backing off. Ice wave dangerous but dodgeable and same with his shooting. More strategy involved than other boss fights.

Hey there! Today it was my 54th try on Krill to get the Frost helmet ^^

He is easy if you know the tactic and can be beaten with a group of 2 to 4 in several ways without much of a problem. One way to beat him is when 1 person stands almost in his melee range forcing to eather attck you with a hammer or sit on his knee and start shooting, damage from both is easy to avoid. Or you just kite him, he has problems with pathfinding, so if you stay to far it takes alot of time for him to get to you. 

Yes, sometimes, when falls and you have to finich him off he uses aoe but it does the same amount of damage as if he was still alive.

Good luck!

[...] I've seen blueprints fly into the air but couldn't find them anywhere. It would be nice if loot drops weren't affected by physics, the material containers however just fall to the ground where the boss, probably due to the new cylindrical storage container design (which I'm a fan of).

So to repeat myself once again.

Blueprints need their own god-damned model, and not the affinity sphere.

I've mentioned that too. I think a gigantic red exclamation point (!) with a hit box the size of a spaceship would be good. Still, not having them fly 10 meters under the floor would also be nice.

Edited by BlueEden

I know, she's rediculous. My point being he's using the wrong frame or needs a better combination of frames to fight him easily.

My only gripe with the boss is the level itself. The new massive spiral tile really drags the end of the level and also has poor map guiding indicators, particularly when it involves that one elevator; made farming him a nightmare.

Frames have very little to do with how you defeat him (aside from trinity since she lets you tank and deal damage with the same ability).  In the end frames allow you to avoid damage from kil, but don't deal enough damage to really matter.  Having 4 people is more than enough to keep him from killing people anyways.  All that really matters is how well modded people have their weapons, since like most bosses, lek kril is just a big dumb tank.

I have 293 (i believe) of time played (doesn't log lobby or pause, just play) and still only have the excalibur prime i got as a founder and the loki i bought with 75 plat just because. Been playing with Loki for 3 months. Still trying to get Rhino and Fragor.

Sitting on a 6k plat pile, but don't want to spend it on anything that's not cosmetic or that can be obtained without spending plat.

C'est notre vie

PS: I seldom play co-op, mostly solo due to loc work.

293 hours?  I find that hard to believe.  I only have ~250 and I've built every single warframe :|

Once you have good gear there's no good reason for you not to be able to grind for BPs.  The only bosses that aren't quite as easy solo are phorid (one shot spikes that ignore shields and doors make it nice to have a team mate to revive you) and lek kril (tanky, though if your gear is good enough he is easier to solo than he is in coop).  All the other bosses are incredibly easy to solo with lv 30 frame/weapon, the only thing keeping you from getting all their parts whether you're able to put the time into grind the bosses or not.

Edited by Aggh

First of all, Kri lis a "he" despite the looks, and lotus' line where you might hear a "she" it's actually a "which he" just quickly spoken.

Second of all the stuff he drops tends to be flying around some distances, so you can estimate that there might be something in a 20 meter radius around him. I once almopst missed a blueprint because it was unexpectedly far away.

He always drops a mod and a resource, from what I can tell from my about 30 runs of kril.

293 hours?  I find that hard to believe.  I only have ~250 and I've built every single warframe :|

Once you have good gear there's no good reason for you not to be able to grind for BPs.  The only bosses that aren't quite as easy solo are phorid (one shot spikes that ignore shields and doors make it nice to have a team mate to revive you) and lek kril (tanky, though if your gear is good enough he is easier to solo than he is in coop).  All the other bosses are incredibly easy to solo with lv 30 frame/weapons

Yeah not 293. Actually i'm 264. Don't check very often.

Ebpwd5G.jpg

eWZqJlw.jpg

7UhwrOR.jpg

azG448Y.jpg

I don't know why but it probably has to do with the fact that i'm a solo player. Solo players generally take a lot of time to complete one single mission. The only "rush" i did was when farming Rhino's components from Jackal, and that was 10 minutes ago. Got all 3 components in 37 minutes on 12 runs. Solo.

I know people which have profile rank 8 and 9 and are ranked at the five digit group, nowhere near my position. Not gloating, just saying that all my Affinity came from kills i did myself.. which again, makes you take your time per mission and an insanely high kill count.

Although i have almost all weapons, even the special drop-only melees (except Boar, MK1-Braton/Braton, Sicarus and Bronco). I bought and crafted them all before the "credit nerf". Just didn't played too much with them.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo