The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Immortal Skins Remove Gold Trim From Primes

fortris

Basically if you use an immortal skin with a prime frame, it will overwrite the gold trim in several spots on the frame. This is true for literally every frame including Excal.

The worst offender by far is Mag, who loses literally every single bit of gold and basically becomes a regular Mag (which is a shame, because she has a fantastic immortal skin).

Screenshot of a regular Mag prime arm: http://puu.sh/cekgM/f3cfef00da.jpg

Screenshot of a Mag prime immortal arm: http://puu.sh/cekn1/9a947d0f90.jpg

Hopefully this is either fixed, or we get an option to keep the gold trim. I like almost every immortal skin, but sadly they take away a lot of what makes prime frames so unique and good looking.

Personally I think that those skins were never meant for the Primes in the first place, so I'm not really surprised we'd see stuff like that.

I sorta expected it.

Pretty much. The immortal skins are mapped with the original frame's parameters. It's actually pretty good the skin isn't too warped.

I'd appreciate if the immortal skin is updated to reflect the growing number of prime frames. Sooner or later, all immortal skin warframes will have a prime variant, leaving little reason to buy the immortal skin if it will leave your prime looking awkward.

All true, but allow me to play devil's advocate:

1. Not every player has access to the Prime version, especially new players.

2. DE have always advertised the Immortal skins as working on the base variants; no promotional image (as far as I know) displays the skin on a Prime.

Not to say I am arguing against possibly fixing them on the Primes; I'm just not sure it can be done..,

I love the fact they remove the gold trims. Makes the primes look good!

Worst offender is nyx prime

I agree....sometimes I want the stat increases of the prime warframes, but the looks of the normal frames (would give me a reason to get the immortal skins, of which i only have Ash and Banshee).

though with loki, nyx, rhino (all prime versions) still keep their "bling" when changed to the immortal skin/rubadoe plated (rhino) (though that is in the preview as i havent bought them yet)