The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rewards Lost When Failing A Mission... Why ?

Vampblader

Just had an nice Match of Mobile defense, dropped 2 Rarw Mods and as the second Point was defended it was all good, suddenly another Defense Objective pops up, defend a Cryopod and guess what happened ? 10 Seconds before the Time for the Defense ran out it was destroyed.

Iv'e lost about 10 Mods 2 of them Rare and one of them my badly needed Multishot...

So tell me just one good reason we should loose our Mods when a mission Objective is destoryed, not my Frame but the Mission Objective ? It makes no goddamn sense, do we just suicidaly kill ourselves because we couldn't protect an goddamn Cryopod ?

Sorry for raging but that was just annoying and unnessecary...

Greetz,
Vampblader

unnessecary? so you want  there to be no point of completing the missions and noobs would run around free looting and disconnecting after it you want that? you fail  you get nothing deal with it and do better next time

Edited by BlackJackD

If you quit a Mission it's all okay if you get nothing, if you die in a Mission you can't take things with you sure but when a defensive Objective fails you should at least get a normal exit point and get no additional rewards but can carry your Mods out if you reach it, I just don't get this stupid Idea of loosing everything if you can still be extractet...

If you die, you lose.

If you quit, you lose.

If you lose, you don't get anything in return.

That's really it. The solution? Don't lose.

That's what DE wants to implement, so there's no risk-free, easy-peasy way of getting stuff. So that you know there's something at stake.

Yeah, remember how bad it was before? Why, I couldn't farm Cronus BP's for more than 2 or 3 minutes before the host quit. I don't actually remember this being a problem on any other missions, but it obviously was based on other posters' replies. When I play a game, I want it to punish me for challenging myself and coming up short. I don't expect good things to come from failure in real life and that's what this game is, real life. If I wanted something stress free and relaxing, I would watch TV or read a book, not play a video game. What's so hard to understand? Now L2P lol u.

Up there was stupid. If your thoughts on this matter resemble the above, you are stupid. Down below is more reasonable.

If the game had no way to set you back, it would just mean you got what you wanted that much quicker and easier, and you might not buy anything with platinum. So the dev's are left with the only reasonable solutions being to add more content or find ways to slow the player down. Honestly, right now, slowing the player down is about all they can do, since they are working on every aspect of the game simultaneously already. They don't have a content button they can press to give their game a longer lifespan. Hopefully in time they will add enough that holding the player back in this way won't be necessary.

While I agree with the philosophy of failure=no reward, for defense missions I feel it's a little different, at least until the rewards are sorted out. Even then I think it would be reasonable enough to at least keep your collected mods since you don't actually die.

Hm, no, why should you? The main task is to complete a mission objective. Surely, that contains that you survive, but strictly speaking that's not your mission goal. Your goal wasn't met, so why should you be rewarded? Imagine the alternative, no one would care about the objectives anymore and just go into one single match to farm mods. That can't be the spirit and purpose of this game, can it?

I couldn't tell you what the spirit or purpose of this game is. It would need a story before I could guess at that. Until then the only purpose it serves is entertainment, being a game and whatnot. And while it remains just a game, I don't see a good reason to annoy the player for not caring if the ancient disruptor sniper is not taken out immediately.

If you die, you lose.

If you quit, you lose.

If you lose, you don't get anything in return.

That's really it. The solution? Don't lose.

That's what DE wants to implement, so there's no risk-free, easy-peasy way of getting stuff. So that you know there's something at stake.

Neither did the People die nor did they quit, just the Objective was destroyed, i don't expect any more rewards if the Mission failed, but the mods were obtained already.

As i said before i don't care if it really is my fault for loosing, but with about 30-40 Enemys attacking the Pod and 3 People wandering off to go huntig instead of defending the Pod what exactly is fair in this setting ?

Neither did the People die nor did they quit, just the Objective was destroyed, i don't expect any more rewards if the Mission failed, but the mods were obtained already.

As i said before i don't care if it really is my fault for loosing, but with about 30-40 Enemys attacking the Pod and 3 People wandering off to go huntig instead of defending the Pod what exactly is fair in this setting ?

So the game should care that your team doesnt do what a team should do.... I dont think so...

Get a better team. Dont expect that the game gives you the mods just because your team was bad....

Edited by Venarge

So tell me just one good reason we should loose our Mods when a mission Objective is destoryed, not my Frame but the Mission Objective ?

Because you failed the mission?

It's about as simple as that, you don't win, you don't get your reward. I imagine they left in the ability to keep experience on mission failure to make it so at the very least terrible people can level their gear.

So tell me just one good reason we should loose our Mods when a mission Objective is destoryed

Surprise surprise: Cause you just failed the mission.

Let me quote the Devs for you:

Correct, this mission type is about risk/reward tradeoffs. There was no risk before. We also feel this will help with the situation that certain players are *only* playing this gametype since there was no risk and it was the easist way to farm.

Once you are ready for some constructive criticism, please visit: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/32244-defense-maps-module-loss-upon-failing-a-simple-solutioncompromise/

Because you deserve to lose everything if you're not pro enough to complete the level, go back to Mercury. Casual gamers have no place in this game, if you're actually just too bad to reliably complete low-level missions then you should go play Halo or some easy game.

/sarcasm, I can't believe the amount of elitists on this forum who actually support this stupid system. Maybe some of us don't have much playtime a day, and we go to play for about a hour to relieve a long day's stress, have some satisfaction in amassing something, and you force us to take everything seriously and play seriously or lose half of our hour's worth of collection? It's a game!

Edited by PaperAlien

Because you deserve to lose everything if you're not pro enough to complete the level, go back to Mercury. Casual gamers have no place in this game, if you're actually just too bad to reliably complete low-level missions then you should go play Halo or some easy game.

/sarcasm, I can't believe the amount of elitists on this forum who actually support this stupid system. Maybe some of us don't have much playtime a day, and we go to play for about a hour to relieve a long day's stress, have some satisfaction in amassing something, and you force us to take everything seriously and play seriously or lose half of our hour's worth of collection? It's a game!

Sorry mate, but you obviously have no idea what the word elitism means or how it is related to the topic.

Please do a google about the meaning of it.

If you have only a half hour each day, then play something else.

Geocentricism is a such a nice thing. Makes you think that your mere existence is so important, that everything should be screwed up just because of you.

+1 for implying that warframe should be reduced to something that lasts a half hour each day.

I am always open for some constructive criticism if you believe it or not :P

I was just a tad annoyed by the secondary Achievement screwing up everything, no waves included so the solution wouldn't work no matter how you see it ^^

If i was playing endless defense sure i'd knew i'd have to be dealing with higher levels equaling fail, but the mobile defense isn't about rounds as you might know if you ever played them, which I would guess sooo whatever :D

Since when did you see a soldier get promoted for failing a mission? You get to keep your life, that's for sure, but losing the precious cargo? Ow hell naw.

What's not fair in that setting is your team mates. If they really want to come home with lots of goodies, then they should put their back to it and start defending, otherwise, go home empty-handed.

I totally agree with the the fact if you abort, you get nothing. That is a no brainer there. But I disagree with losing everything if you fail. And this is why, you go do a mission and you get swarmed a third of the way through and die. But gained a mod maybe two and so you use those to better yourself and go try it again. And you keep doing this because you gain a little each time you do and eventually you finally make it through the mission. And your done and move on to the next mission. But as it stands at the moment with the new changes, you start a mission, get a third of the way through, get swarmed and die. But you lost everything and have nothing to better yourself so when you go do the mission again most likely the same thing is going to happen, you die. lose everything, can't better yourself because you lost everything again. And this leads ultimately leads to playing for nothing and people moving on to another game. And this is a GAME, not real life and should not in any way resemble or deal with real life at all. It is a GAME and should be thought of as a game. Something to have fun doing with friends or without, nothing more. And everyone is different and enjoys the game in different ways. Some like total hardcore and thats cool. But some like a more casual gaming experience and thats cool to. So maybe this should have been an option that we could turn on or off for at least solo or private gameplay so we could play more like we as individuals like to play. And this is why I only play online with people I know. Otherwise I play solo.

If you lose on your own accord, where no bugs or glitches were at fault for your failure, then you have no reason to say that it's not fair.

You lost.  You failed.  If I were your employer, and you came back from that mission empty-handed, you know what I would say?  "You didn't complete the mission, so you don't get paid."  That is simply how life works.  Nobody should ever be rewarded for failing.

Stop crying about the mods you lost, and work instead to make sure you don't lose them next time.

Edited by Katakuna

You lost.  You failed.  If I were your employer, and you came back from that mission empty-handed, you know what I would say?  "You didn't complete the mission, so you don't get paid."  That is simply how life works.  Nobody should ever be rewarded for failing.

Sure don't pay me, but if you'd ever try to Steal something from me e.g. the Mod's I've recovered while out in the field, you sure as hell wouldn't survive to do that again :P

Sure don't pay me, but if you'd ever try to Steal something from me e.g. the Mod's I've recovered while out in the field, you sure as hell wouldn't survive to do that again :P

Mods fell under my umbrella use of the word "paid".

The basic concept on my point is still there, regardless.  No win = No reward.

Mods fell under my umbrella use of the word "paid".

The basic concept on my point is still there, regardless.  No win = No reward.

Definitions, definitions, they're everywhere :P

I guess so, but it's still itching in a bad spot for that kind of loss but meh, probably just really bugged me that I was running that mission with people who didn't really care about the Objective xD