Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "tank Frames" Not Actually Tanky?

Insidiatorii

I partially agree with a buff for base stats in frost....rhino has his um...ahem...u know. Valkyr is a berserker....which I have yet to see any downsides to her class other than the fact she has to be close range to use her abilities or whatnot. her 4 is still well...ahem....

I agree to the frost buff....sad they haven't adjusted older prime frames base stats yet.

"Here is a chart on statistics of health, shield, and armour"

Except those are "effective health" chart which only consist of Health + Armor calculation. Both Frost and Rhino have higher shield than Saryn and also a better tanking abilities.

Saryn appears so high on there because of how her high health cap interacts with her armor cap. 

To be fair, though, berserkers usually aren't tanky in games, let alone invincible. They're often high-damage classes with low defense values that require an attentive player to keep themselves topped off on damage and health, and I'd like to see that aspect represented more in Valkyr because full invincibility is really boring.

I think that to create an accurate comparison between how tanky frames are, you'd need to also incorporate how well their abilities allow them to tank damage.
For example, Rhino has Paper Skin, Frost has Globe of Invincibility, Trinity has whatever they've done with her 4th ability.

Realistically, due to how scaling works, when enemies get strong enough that they'll actually have a chance to shoot players, they'll tear through whatever hp/armor mods are being used. 
The most effective way to handle damage is with CC/utility, rather than actual defense-boosting skills/mods.

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432

Here is a chart on statistics of health, shield, and armour- (wikipedia)

700px-WarframeEffHealthCompare.png

How does Saryn have more... Well everything compared to Frost and Rhino? Same thing with Valkyr, IMO I think that I would like to see a buff for Rhino and Frost.

I partially agree with a buff for base stats in frost....rhino has his um...ahem...u know. Valkyr is a berserker....which I have yet to see any downsides to her class other than the fact she has to be close range to use her abilities or whatnot. her 4 is still well...ahem....

I agree to the frost buff....sad they haven't adjusted older prime frames base stats yet.

Valkyr is that far ahead because unlike rhino and frost and saryn she doesnt have any radial damage powers or strong CCs of any kind

Warcry is a buff with a CC sort of slapped on that can be useful but given its durational it doesnt actually have much use as a CC outside of slowing nearby enemies down while shes in the casting animation

Saryn appears so high on there because of how her high health cap interacts with her armor cap. 

To be fair, though, berserkers usually aren't tanky in games, let alone invincible. They're often high-damage classes with low defense values that require an attentive player to keep themselves topped off on damage and health, and I'd like to see that aspect represented more in Valkyr because full invincibility is really boring.

Tanks are different than bersekers. I didn't say anything about berserker, tanks should be quite the opposite, but not entirely.