Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will We Have The Ability To Disable Some Powers In U15?

Shimonoki_Ryuji

Ah, so what you have suggested is that powers can be reorder within the 4 power slots. I can agree with that. Personally, I have my left button on my mouse set as power 1, since that power is usually a quick one that can be pulled of while moving /jumping/reloading for some convenience. However, It would be nice to have other powers in that key since with other frames I tend to use #2 or 3. Not a big deal for me, yet it would still be nice.

Is there a reason that the OP cant bind as follows:

Power 1: Mouse Wheel Up

Power 2: Mouse Wheel Down

Power 3: Press Mouse wheel as a button.

I don't use the scroll wheel to scroll, I already have that tied to something. At the moment, Wheel up is "fast melee attack" and wheel down is "toggle crouch" for example, and pressing it fires Ability 4 on Frames (ie the Ult)

Also, there is a program (freeware) I also use called X-Mouse Button Control, that allows combos to be set up, ie If you are running forward by keeping "w" pressed and you hit a mouse button, you can make it do something different then it would normally do when you are not holding "w" down.

Is there a reason that the OP cant bind as follows:

Power 1: Mouse Wheel Up

Power 2: Mouse Wheel Down

Power 3: Press Mouse wheel as a button.

I don't use the scroll wheel to scroll, I already have that tied to something. At the moment, Wheel up is "fast melee attack" and wheel down is "toggle crouch" for example, and pressing it fires Ability 4 on Frames (ie the Ult)

Also, there is a program (freeware) I also use called X-Mouse Button Control, that allows combos to be set up, ie If you are running forward by keeping "w" pressed and you hit a mouse button, you can make it do something different then it would normally do when you are not holding "w" down.

This seems like a good idea, but there's a little flaw in it. I use different combinations of skills, for example:

Ash 1-2-4

Mag 1-2-3

Rhino 2-4

Nova 2-3-4

Nyx 1-3-4

Let's say i bind them 1-2-4 (wheel up, wheel down, button). Now , if i switch to another frame, i have to check the controls every time i do it and rebind them if necessaary. This is definitely not a thing i want to do.

The X-button program is the same, cause if i bind the skills to some kind of button combos, in the heat of battle i won't be able to predict if i accidentally press a button combo whenever i don't need it. That's why i suggest the ability to bind certain skill slots to certain buttons.

This will allow me, for example, to bind 2 most useful skills on wheel-up and wheel-down, and another one will be on the whel button (if i have any in the build).

Don't you just realise, your way of playing is flawed?

This has nothing to do with personal preferences anymore. It is downright flawed.

There is no way you could scroll to the right abilitiy (assuming you hit the right ability on first try) check the visual feedback and press the button to use it as fast as onother one just presses the right key.

The function you are using is only a comfort function for skills you often or freguently use.

With two abilities, this won't be a big problem, with three I won't believe you that are fast enough and with four... well this is why we have this topic.

You gave yourself the reason and the solution and I don't mean the deactivation possibility.

Don't you just realise, your way of playing is flawed?

This has nothing to do with personal preferences anymore. It is downright flawed.

There is no way you could scroll to the right abilitiy (assuming you hit the right ability on first try) check the visual feedback and press the button to use it as fast as onother one just presses the right key.

The function you are using is only a comfort function for skills you often or freguently use.

With two abilities, this won't be a big problem, with three I won't believe you that are fast enough and with four... well this is why we have this topic.

You gave yourself the reason and the solution and I don't mean the deactivation possibility.

Oh, really? If there're multiple playstyle options available, they should all be equally supported. Have you ever thought about it, may i ask?

If "scroll" playstyle is available, then it has been designed to be used. So accusing my way of playing downright flawed is clear BS.

It is obvious, that even though the devs made all 4 skills availabe, nothing has been done to make ignored skills actually viable and desireable. The skill mutator mods, that we now have access to, are clearly bandaid solution, which takes up a whole mod slot and doesn't even make it worth.

On low-lvl stuff - maybe useful/good/fun, but on higher lvl stuff - no, thank you.

Anyway, the slot binding concept isn't going to hurt anyone. If it's there, it shall help players, that have the same problem like me, or anyone, who wishes some more customization and playstyles.

Edited by Ryuji-kun

Oh, really? If there're multiple playstyle options available, they should all be equally supported. Have you ever thought about it, may i ask?

If "scroll" playstyle is available, then it has been designed to be used. So accusing my way of playing downright flawed is clear BS.

It is obvious, that even though the devs made all 4 skills availabe, nothing has been done to make ignored skills actually viable and desireable. The skill mutator mods, that we now have access to, are clearly bandaid solution, which takes up a whole mod slot and doesn't even make it worth.

On low-lvl stuff - maybe useful/good/fun, but on higher lvl stuff - no, thank you.

Anyway, the slot binding concept isn't going to hurt anyone. If it's there, it shall help players, that have the same problem like me, or anyone, who wishes some more customization and playstyles.

What problem?

You mean you are apparently not capable of using the controls properly.

With your technique, abusing a little comfort function, you literally gimp yourself, because you have to do more inputs for the same result, thus creating a higher possibility for errors and delays.

Instead of working on your own skills, you want some (in my opinion) unneccessary changes which requires work for the devs who could spent their time on other things.

That's just my opinion and you are of course free to have your own.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

You can use X-Mouse to bind the left and right mousewheel presses to the other 2 powers. If you do that you have all the powers un the mousewheel, and in a more logical order and the ULT will always be the same keypress.

I actually have wheel press right as ESC as I find it faster to navigate menus.

If you game, a gaming mouse is a good investment--same as a better CPU or GPU. It enhances your gameplay.

If you're cheap, well, that's on you, but *@##$ing about it isn't going to change anything.

And my gaming mice have outlasted the old generic mice I used back when the Pentium MMX and PII were king (used to deep six those things practically yearly). Technology moves on and mice are no exception. My present Naga has lasted over 4 years without complaint. My old Copperhead on my previous machine went about 4 years before the right button finally failed.

Oh, and two is one, one is none. ALWAYS have a spare mouse. Stuff does fail unexpectedly sometimes--even whole computers.