Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few Weapon Tweaks For Pvp

Renegade343

Hello all,

This thread will detail a few weapon tweaks to PVP (although do make it optional for Conclaves), so that weapons can be more balanced against each other and versus enemy players. The list is below: 

Acrid: 

The Acrid is a toxic needle gun that fires projectiles quite quickly. Its unique mechanic of a 100% of dealing Toxic status effect is very good in PVE, but in PVP, it gets a bit too overpowered, since the needles do travel quickly, and most of the time, the fights are in CQB, meaning the Toxic status effects stack up very quickly. Thus, the suggestion to balance out the Acrid is below: 

- Acrid now has 50% of dealing Toxic status effect on hit. 

- This Toxic status effect will instead deal 75% of the weapon's base damage, compared to the normal Toxic DOTs dealing 50% of the weapon's base damage.

With this change, the Acrid would still be useful as a toxic needle gun that dishes out hard-hitting Toxic DOTs, but it would also be more fairer to enemy players as well.

Please note that this is a working list, and will expand over time. 

Please take the time to read this thread, and provide constructive criticism and feedback. 

Renegade343

Man good initiative but the Acrid is really overrated, projectile weapons are worse than hit scan for PvP, and the Toxin DoT got severely nerfed recently.

The DOT nerf would be the blanket damage nerf for PVP modes, I assume (so that would hit every weapon). 

And as for the projectile speed, the Acrid bolts travel faster than plasma bolts (and maybe Boltor Prime bolts as well) (and not to mention its noise is more silent than the Boltor Prime [by a bit], as well as rather invisible projectiles [at least Boltor Prime bolts are more visible]). 

The DOT nerf would be the blanket damage nerf for PVP modes, I assume (so that would hit every weapon). 

And as for the projectile speed, the Acrid bolts travel faster than plasma bolts (and maybe Boltor Prime bolts as well) (and not to mention its noise is more silent than the Boltor Prime [by a bit], as well as rather invisible projectiles [at least Boltor Prime bolts are more visible]). 

The acrid is not that great in conclave. Its just very powerful in DS conflicts - because most people don't get their Vit early enough...  

I did notice (or rather, didn't) that the acrid seems to just kind of strike from nowhere, then suddenly health's ticking. I'm not one to call for a nerfbat often, but it does seem odd to have one thing that's privileged with skipping so well through shields. If it's the only exception, I would just say to make it subject to shields like everything else for SR purposes.

The acrid is not that great in conclave. Its just very powerful in DS conflicts - because most people don't get their Vit early enough...  

Which is why I specify that the changes become optional in Conclaves (in fact, I already specified that at the original post). 

Which is why I specify that the changes become optional in Conclaves (in fact, I already specified that at the original post). 

I got that. To be blunt, this is the reason why I made the quip about Vit in my previous post. The acrid is not a problem once you get Vit and stay equal or higher level to your opponent - as long as you don't repeatedly get hit. It is also a fairly inaccurate gun that is terrible at hitting moving targets, especially long range.  

Since it has no other procs, I don't feel the aforementioned changes are necessary. 

Red 

I got that. To be blunt, this is the reason why I made the quip about Vit in my previous post. The acrid is not a problem once you get Vit and stay equal or higher level to your opponent - as long as you don't repeatedly get hit. It is also a fairly inaccurate gun that is terrible at hitting moving targets, especially long range.  

Since it has no other procs, I don't feel the aforementioned changes are necessary. 

Red 

Then again, with the aforementioned changes, the Acrid theoretically gets a buff. 

Even if there is just a 50% chance of having the independent Toxin status effect occur, the increased DOT value makes it so that spike damage increases. And since our health value (which is Flesh and Alloy Armour) has a +25% to Toxin damage (which is Flesh), the spike damage would increase quite largely. 

Of course, we could always increase the chance of dealing that status effect, or the DOT value of it.