Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recent Item/upgrade Change Is Making This Too Grindy

Countess_Hapmuhr

Really,

I thought it would be OK and that we'd get used to it. But we just spent 15 minutes in a mobile defense mission where a suddenly ridiculous influx of enemies wiped us both and the pod. Really, if this had been the first instance, sure, 15 minutes isn' a lot of time. But this is the fourth time since yesterday and quite frankly, this feels like unjust punishment.

Not to mention that we've lost quite a bit of rubedo farming sessions due to glitches or disconnects, which is another problem altogether.

In theory, the idea of heightened risk vs reward is a novel one, don't go into too high level areas, don't get wiped. But in the current state of the game, this isn't doable and with the balancing still obviously needs a lot of work.

I could see this working though if the game was properly balanced so that you'd know if you were talking into a high risk mission, but now it's just a crap shoot.

So you complain that enemies now have their own weaponry and make different damage?

And why should the game need a "balance"? if you see that the mission is a problem for you and your mate. Take one or two others with you... I mean. Why should the game balance every single level if the solution is so easy. Be a better squad....
The grakata description tells people that this is a fast weapon with a huge mag. Do you think grineer wouldnt use this weapon with full potentioal?

Im doing high level fine without dying....

Edited by Venarge

So you complain that enemies now have their own weaponry and make different damage?

The grakata description tells people that this is a fast weapon with a huge mag. Do you think grineer wouldnt use this weapon with full potentioal?

Im doing high level fine without dying....

What gave you that idea? The problem is that during longer missions like these when you carefully and tactically progress, a sudden influx of ANYTHING can just wipe out 15 minutes of gaming. It doesn't matter if it's the Grineer or the Corpus, an influx you can't handle just means that the only method you can beat these missions is by being overpowered. And seriously, playing the game slowly and safely by grinding low level areas is incredibly boring.

What gave you that idea? The problem is that during longer missions like these when you carefully and tactically progress, a sudden influx of ANYTHING can just wipe out 15 minutes of gaming. It doesn't matter if it's the Grineer or the Corpus, an influx you can't handle just means that the only method you can beat these missions is by being overpowered. And seriously, playing the game slowly and safely by grinding low level areas is incredibly boring.

Then jump right in and play it fast and loose.  There are no unexpected influxes in defense missions.  Sometimes it's only a matter of having the right tool for the job, like a Furax for knocking down entire groups or one of probably a dozen powers.

Being "overpowered" sounds really funny.

If you and your team works together, you dont need to be OP....

Maybe you should change your tactics before you suggest to make this game easier...

You said you were with your mate. Defense missions are always harder if your not a full squad.

They maybe changed the spawn rates per group member, but defense missions are always hard without a full grown squad..

Edited by Venarge

Then jump right in and play it fast and loose.  There are no unexpected influxes in defense missions.  Sometimes it's only a matter of having the right tool for the job, like a Furax for knocking down entire groups or one of probably a dozen powers.

Only time you can do that is when you're playing it safe and slow and grinding the Vor missions, AGAIN. No really, if that's the intended play mode, then I'm going to give up on it because then it's way too grindy for me. I've avoided MMOs for this reason alone, but hoped this game would be different.

Only time you can do that is when you're playing it safe and slow and grinding the Vor missions, AGAIN. No really, if that's the intended play mode, then I'm going to give up on it because then it's way too grindy for me. I've avoided MMOs for this reason alone, but hoped this game would be different.

You cant even farm Vor over and over again anymore....

Warframe certainly is different.  It sounds like you came in expecting a grindy cover shooter.  A better way to play it is by mixing up 2 or 3 weapon styles alongside your frame's powers.  Keep moving and keep killing or enemies in later missions will be all over you.

And we should all be thankful for that really. What I meant was repeating low-level missions where you're OP in order to progress further. The Vor mission is just a very good example of that bad style of playing.

Well. The thing here is that this is your opinion. Its not a fact that you cant progress further in higher missions. Its just how you think it is. People can progress in high level as they can do in low levels. All depends on how the player can handle the enemy.