The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Immortal Skins

LoveNot

so is it the goddamn grineer caches from the gate crash event?!

What the hell am I looking for jesus christ everyone is like herp de derp new container oh wait no one has a picture.

Calling BS until I see this thing.

Are the people calling this a new container just people who missed out on the gate crash event and are just saying the caches are the new container or is it actually a new container all together because I'm getting tired of waiting on a picture if it's actually a new container.

If it's the same thing as a grinner cache locker, this isn't new.

Well, the way I see it, there is no point on buying cosmetics anymore. Maybe a year from now syandanas will be craftable! Or the bobblehead things, or the idle animations, or who knows.

Lesson learned.

So items may or may not be available sometime in the distant future for free when you may or may not even still be playing the game.  Then you have to play a thousand more hours hoping RNG favors you with whatever item you're interested in.   That's a good plan.

Edited by SleepingSentry

wow thats pretty weird...i just bought the ash immortal skin for like 75 plat.. i want arcane helmets IN and immortla skins OUT not the other way around thats just bs.... purely cosmetic stuff should be bought and arcane stuff that boosts stats should be able to be obtained

Not sure how to break this to you, but if you paid 75 for ash's immortal skin, you got ripped off.  It only costs 40.

It is a bad thing because before there was always a common understanding that cosmetic items could only be obtained by spending plat. This undermines that understanding and may result in a devaluation of platinum. I farmed the void for 3 weeks to get enough plat to buy the immortal skin for my favorite frame, and if cosmetic items are going to be added to the drop tables I see no reason why I should care about plat at all. From now on I will probably never buy another cosmetic so the only time I'll even care about plat will be if I need more inventory space.

The only way DE could regain my confidence in the value of plat is if they start giving explicit information about what items will be added to drop tables to the future and which ones are exclusive.

I changed my mind. This is probably a good thing for the game as a whole because now people like me won't need to spend weeks in trade chat trying to get that one skin they want, they can just play the game and maybe get lucky at some point. That said I still have no plans to make any future purchases unless they are confirmed to be exclusive. I still need a ton of slots so no point wasting the plat on stuff I might get free.

Great, sort of want my platinum back. True, no one forced me or others to buy them, but I'm sure a majority of us bought them with the notion that the only way we'd ever get them would be via platinum purchases.

Actually, now that I think about it, I do want my platinum back.

This is somewhat surprising to read...

I mean, they gave us the chance to drop something that was only Platinum stuff and people complains? Seriously?

I spent some plat to buy the colors palette and one Immortal Skin for Ash. I do regret having done so? Not really, because I had it right off the bat, without having to search for it and hope I got the right drop and stuff like that... I also supported the game which, people tends to forget, is Free to Play and allows for everyone (Paying or not.) to achieve the same fighting potential.

Had it been a game with a monthly fee, then aye, I would have been more than slightly annoyed... But on this? No way...

The way I see it, is that people is going to be cray cray because 'X got that thing free and I had to pay for it!'...

I wonder if these people complains about them having to buy cars while others can win them at stuff like lotteries and similar events...

Let me put it like this:

You go to a local concert. You paid $50 to get in. You bought the very last ticket. You walk in. Your happy. Now. You look back at the ticket booth, and they randomly decided to let the rest of the people waiting outside come in and stand in front of the stage. For $0. Epic for them. But you just basicly wasted $50 and you are sitting waaay back and regretted the decision to pay in the first place.

Thats about as close as I can describe this situation.

Now. Money back please.

P.S. To the fellow above me. The HUGE diffirence is you knew the prime package can be farmed. Thus this was something you knew BEFORE you buy it that it could be free also.

While the immortal skins was. And we knew BEFORE that this was the only way to get it. Kind of like Excal prime. The only was was to buy him.

Edited by RevoThornax

I mean, they gave us the chance to drop something that was only Platinum stuff and people complains? Seriously?

I spent some plat to buy the colors palette and one Immortal Skin for Ash. I do regret having done so? Not really, because I had it right off the bat, without having to search for it and hope I got the right drop and stuff like that... I also supported the game which, people tends to forget, is Free to Play and allows for everyone (Paying or not.) to achieve the same fighting potential.

Had it been a game with a monthly fee, then aye, I would have been more than slightly annoyed... But on this? No way...

The way I see it, is that people is going to be cray cray because 'X got that thing free and I had to pay for it!'...

I wonder if these people complains about them having to buy cars while others can win them at stuff like lotteries and similar events...

People paid with real money for a skin that was only obtainable through the payment of real money.

Real money.

Let me put it like this:

You go to a local concert. You paid $50 to get in. You bought the very last ticket. You walk in. Your happy. Now. You look back at the ticket booth, and they randomly decided to let the rest of the people waiting outside come in and stand in front of the stage. For $0. Epic for them. But you just basicly wasted $50 and you are sitting waaay back and regretted the decision to pay in the first place.

Thats about as close as I can describe this situation.

Now. Money back please.

Your paragon is quite inaccurate.

To clarify why it so with your own example:

You paid $50 and entered the concert. You enjoyed it, the band performed some songs and you danced. Later in the night, they allowed random people to random enter it. They're enjoying the same music you are enjoying as well, but you did it way before them. You had been free to enter right as you paid the ticket, while them had to hope for a lucky chance to enter it.

You still got advantages for having spent your money but, yes, you can regret that you could have not spent it and hoped for a lucky draw outside.

But it's not that *everyone* waiting outside is entering (You need to be lucky.), it's not that they're sitting in front of you (The item are the same...), your money had brought you the advantage of being instantaneusly allowed in. (In game-terms, you had obtained the benefit off the bat...)

Also, while you can regret having spent the money, it doesn't change that for a period of time you have enjoyed the benefits your spent money had. And while you can return the money, you can't return the time you had spent at the concert... (Or wearing the Immortal skin...)

You can want for your money to be refounded, and totally deserve the right of believing being entitled about it.

But in all honestly I simply believe, as an Immortal skin purchaser, that we do not deserve a refound.

*Edit*

@CatJam: So I did, I got myself an Ash Immortal Skin... With Real Money... (Capital letters to make it sound more important...)

Cool, I enjoyed it and am still enjoying it...

Someone can get it for free? Yay for him! It doesn't make my purchase less useful to me...

Edited by Branwyn

Your paragon is quite inaccurate.

To clarify why it so with your own example:

You paid $50 and entered the concert. You enjoyed it, the band performed some songs and you danced. Later in the night, they allowed random people to random enter it. They're enjoying the same music you are enjoying as well, but you did it way before them. You had been free to enter right as you paid the ticket, while them had to hope for a lucky chance to enter it.

You still got advantages for having spent your money but, yes, you can regret that you could have not spent it and hoped for a lucky draw outside.

But it's not that *everyone* waiting outside is entering (You need to be lucky.), it's not that they're sitting in front of you (The item are the same...), your money had brought you the advantage of being instantaneusly allowed in. (In game-terms, you had obtained the benefit off the bat...)

Also, while you can regret having spent the money, it doesn't change that for a period of time you have enjoyed the benefits your spent money had. And while you can return the money, you can't return the time you had spent at the concert... (Or wearing the Immortal skin...)

You can want for your money to be refounded, and totally deserve the right of believing being entitled about it.

But in all honestly I simply believe, as an Immortal skin purchaser, that we do not deserve a refound.

Words of wisdom

Entirely different situation and circumstances. Bad example to use.

Aside from the point that people bought them because it was either you buy or you don't, there wasn't any alternative method.

Entirely different situation and circumstances. Bad example to use.

Aside from the point that people bought them because it was either you buy or you don't, there wasn't any alternative method.

Exactly this.

@branwyn: You are missing the point and exagerate on the concert itself. What I tried to say was a notice before hand would have been nice.

@Zeptimus: You do not seem to understand the concept of "words of wisdom"

Let me give you an example: "Its not what you look at, its what you see"

@ComMod: Just saying but I can not be penalized for what I just said.

Edited by RevoThornax

I think my example stands, but anyway allow me to explain my point of view...

When people purchased the Skins, they could have been brought only with plat, by that time who decided the price was worth it bought the item.

Everyone, though, has the right of changing their opinion and behaviour as long it doesn't goes against the laws... We all agreed upon a EULA where, with good chances, they said that DE reserved the rights to change the conditions on marketplace and item aquisitions...

They believed some changes were needed, they made these changes...

Back at the times, they also said that the Prime Frames weren't to be stronger than the normal ones... Still people never complained that they went back on that and made Primes slightly more powerful than the not-primed versions later... 

Back at the times there was no different method, now there is... 

I think my example stands, but anyway allow me to explain my point of view...

When people purchased the Skins, they could have been brought only with plat, by that time who decided the price was worth it bought the item.

Everyone, though, has the right of changing their opinion and behaviour as long it doesn't goes against the laws... We all agreed upon a EULA where, with good chances, they said that DE reserved the rights to change the conditions on marketplace and item aquisitions...

They believed some changes were needed, they made these changes...

Back at the times, they also said that the Prime Frames weren't to be stronger than the normal ones... Still people never complained that they went back on that and made Primes slightly more powerful than the not-primed versions later... 

Back at the times there was no different method, now there is...

Well when you look at it from a legal view sure, but you did hear the part of a notice would have been nice?

Well when you look at it from a legal view sure, but you did hear the part of a notice would have been nice?

Sorry, missing what you mean by 'but you hear the part of a notice would have been nice'... Can't really answer to your question until you don't explain yourself better...