Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Damage On Weapons Is Far Too Cluttered

SnokyoDrift

Right now, the fire/ice/lightning effect feels far more suitable to the fantasy genre. I don't understand why they didn't go for incendiary/shatterpoint/gauss or something that fits with the lore of the game. The burning/shocking effect on enemies from fire and lightning mods feels very out of place in this sci-fi shooter. The visual effect is overly large and distracting, conveying minimal information while being a major eye catcher. Instead of the massive debuff effect that makes it difficult to see what you're shooting, why not have coloured bullets to indicate the elemental status of your weapon? Even better, have a coloured canister attach to your weapon when an elemental module is equipped so that it doesn't look like the target is spontaneously combusting after being shot.

Yeah, I agree. It'll be great if elemental ammo would leave small decals with the corresponding effect around them as opposed to INSTANT BURNING. For example, incendiary rounds leaving a dark, burned penetration mark with small embers occasionally dropping off. 

Edited by Panzermeido

The amount of FIRE on an enemy is a little overkill... its very difficult to tell where the head is sometimes if you're wielding a sniper rifle. Especially against the ancient infested with the low light conditions and their heads being basically overlapping their bodies...

People need a visual confirmation that their effects are taking place.

On the target: Sparks or burn marks for incendiary, refraction effects for gauss, cracks/blue tinge for shatterpoint.

While travelling: Red/purple/blue bullets

On your weapon: optional canister in the colour of your mod. I don't know what to do with melee weapons. It looks way too 'warcraft-y' for me, and I play heaps of RPGs and RTSs.

Right now I feel like my 66 RPM pistol is magically turning into a flamethrower with these effects. They just don't fit the visual style of the game.

Hell, just give us an option to turn them off.

I feel as if the animations are to over the top, only when I'm dashing through a wave nd hes still dancing in the fire and by the time i get there he's still dancing but already dead. It's been the problem a few times nd caused me to waste time on defense missions.