Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Kind Of New Discrimination?

Azjhoolies

As i see it myself... the paris is a pretty S#&$ty weapon, useless for almost anything. But it's pretty fun to use. I dunno about hatred for using paris.... i never mind if i get people with paris on the missions. The only reasonable thing that could trigger something like paris hate, is if you take it to boss runs or defense missions... where you are just hindering your team and leeching their efforts. But i don't see why there would be any global Paris hate

There's only one thing I do differently based on my squad mates' loadouts. I wait for Rhinos and Frosts.

Someone actually waits? Wow no one ever waits for me so I always have a weapon that lets me do the dragon kick to melee attack that launches you father then most frames can run(dual zoren for instance).

Edited by GrayDeath666

I've seen that same kind of treatment when running around with my Paris or Braton.  I could care less what someone else plays and so I almost always running in Private mode.  You guys are more than welcome to add me as a friend and join in :)

Edited by Tegajinn

Personally, I don't particularly like the paris myself, but I would never actively discriminate someone for using it. Especially since part of the game is using all the weapons available to actually get xp.

Maybe if someone explicitly went for a high streak defense mission with a paris and nothing else, I would express concerns, but that's about it really and it certainly wasn't the case here. The user in question most likely just was being a $&*^.

Personally, I don't particularly like the paris myself, but I would never actively discriminate someone for using it. Especially since part of the game is using all the weapons available to actually get xp.

Maybe if someone explicitly went for a high streak defense mission with a paris and nothing else, I would express concerns, but that's about it really and it certainly wasn't the case here. The user in question most likely just was being a $&*^.

I love the Paris but I feel like it (and Snipers in General) are Kings without a Crown in the sense that the maps don't really lend themselves well to super long range gun fights.  Anything I can do with my Paris, my Hek does just as well or better. 

I think that Snipers in general could use some revision and the gun roles better fleshed out.  There isn't a lot of destinction between certain aspects of gunplay.

The only problem I have with a bow is if they bring an unmodded/leveled bow to a boss fight.... that really annoys me and leave me to do all the damage (and possibly run out of ammo if I am still leveling a wep up myself) 

I once played a game with my boltor as I was leveling it up and I had 3 team mates all using paris.... and I ran out of ammo lol.... They couldnt even keep heks shields down never min actually damaging him lol,

Edited by Gh0st_Slay3r

The Paris is a great weapon. I personally don't like seeing it in defense missions to a point. If It's too wave 5, or 10 where you can still 1 shot things that's fine. But if you're wanting to push it don't bring it, It falls off horribly.

Its not very reliable.

Sure just like any weapon in this game once its level 30 and potatoed it can rip and tear through most things.

By the time you've released your arrow and killed one or two enemies your teammates have already cleared the room.

Its not consistent.

DO NOT GET ME WRONG, I love the Paris, I even have one at level 30

Its just more of a solo weapon.

Its not very reliable.

Sure just like any weapon in this game once its level 30 and potatoed it can rip and tear through most things.

By the time you've released your arrow and killed one or two enemies your teammates have already cleared the room.

Its not consistent.

DO NOT GET ME WRONG, I love the Paris, I even have one at level 30

Its just more of a solo weapon.

If your teammates have cleared the room when you are loosing one arrow then you are doing something wrong, I regularly decimate with my paris whether I'm playing with others or not. I do have a LVL 30, but I don't have any problems in Defense missions or Boss fights, partially because It's modded with 90% fire dmg and a bunch of other goodies, but also because I am a decent shot and I tend to favor the trick shot by killing people while fire from a slide, from the air and trying to get enemies lined up to get multikills, it's very satisfying especially with the paris because it probably takes the most skill to use well. I would try headshotting shield carryiers from a distance if you need some practice, it helps you get used to the drop mechanics.

Once you learn to take out enemies from close and far away with one shot while moving you won't have any problems, every shot is like it's own little perfect moment. I would say that how fast you kill totally depends on how fast your frame is though, if you are running with people who rush and are on fast frames with nuke skills then you may not do well, may not be the best for Rhino or Frost, although I haven't had too many problems.

The Paris is a great weapon. I personally don't like seeing it in defense missions to a point. If It's too wave 5, or 10 where you can still 1 shot things that's fine. But if you're wanting to push it don't bring it, It falls off horribly.

Who uses just their guns to kill waves of enemies? That's what powers are for, there are several frames with the ability to nuke an good chunk of a map on their own. Also, no the bows fault you can't hit anything with it, you have to compensate for it by aiming slightly above your target, once you get that you should be able to hit a shield carrier from a good distance by arcing the shot over his shield and into his forehead.

I love the Paris but I feel like it (and Snipers in General) are Kings without a Crown in the sense that the maps don't really lend themselves well to super long range gun fights.  Anything I can do with my Paris, my Hek does just as well or better. 

I think that Snipers in general could use some revision and the gun roles better fleshed out.  There isn't a lot of destinction between certain aspects of gunplay.

True. From personal experience I can tell that the only missions where my Snipetron is like a godsend are those big round defense room with the orokin generator in the middle. All you do is Climb up a box and snipe away, while you watch your team mates doing more running than shoting. 

Me and my friend usually rush a lot through maps but we also play in public. When we do get in a game, his role is to go on ahead and see if he can get to the objective fast while mine is just to make sure the whole team doesn't get overrun. If he does reach an elevator he waits for everyone regardless of the elevator travel (As he can look up the distance of the elevator). When I do decide to rush with him, it is only when the objective is done and we're heading for extraction. If we have pubs we wait for them. We both usually say "No rush", ironic as it is.