Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbos Trippy Colors Toggle On/off

BenzinNinJa

Yesterday I ran some Infested defense with someone playing as Limbo, and his Banish and Cataclysm powers quickly started giving me a head ache from all the psychedelic flashing colors.

I will suggest a button that turns these kinds of things off, or maybe just an adjustment to the visual effect of his abilities.

I haven't played Limbo myself just yet, so I don't know if it'll become a problem with his two other abilities.

Not opposing your experience, but... I play Limbo often and don't remember any flashing colors.  I use a bright bluish-white color for his energy though.  What color or colors did you see?  I only remember there being one color applied to his powers.

I hope that flashing colors don't make you sick.  Some people have an illness that is affected like that.  I don't remember the name.  That's not what you have right?

Edited by VampirePirate

Bothered my eyes as well... I wouldn't call it flashing but it certainly goes light to dark and back fairly rapidly and in random places. I was with a limbo who kept using the ability that can put a player in the limbo dimension on me. I had to quit mid-mission.

I would rather deal with a Loki with infinite energy and a penchant for switch teleport, because at least that doesn't cause pain.

@VampirePirate I think you're thinking of Epilepsy, but I don't believe that's the kind of flashing that is happening.

His powers don't add any colors, they just play with contrast, what you see is a lot of flickering contrast, which is in fact worse than colors, because contrast is what makes our eyes readjust, many different colors can have the same light value and very little contrast among them, but this is not the case, and yes, it is in fact quite annoying, also the fact that when a noob limbo puts that rift bubble over a pod you can't shoot enemies far away from it (if you are inside) because snowglobe wasn't enough this works both ways, from inside and from outside it limits shooting distance to the bubble's size.

I hope that flashing colors don't make you sick.  Some people have an illness that is affected like that.  I don't remember the name.  That's not what you have right?

It didn't make me sick. It just started being uncomfortable, and my eyes hurt a bit. Not unlike if you've been working near a flourecent light that's about to die out, for a long time. The only time i felt sick or nauseous when playing, was back in the days of old Xini, when the camera got flipped turned upside down, and we had to run 3 waves like that before we could extract.

His powers don't add any colors, they just play with contrast, what you see is a lot of flickering contrast, which is in fact worse than colors, because contrast is what makes our eyes readjust, many different colors can have the same light value and very little contrast among them, but this is not the case, and yes, it is in fact quite annoying, also the fact that when a noob limbo puts that rift bubble over a pod you can't shoot enemies far away from it (if you are inside) because snowglobe wasn't enough this works both ways, from inside and from outside it limits shooting distance to the bubble's size.

What ever it was, it didn't feel right, that's for sure. It could have been DE_Steve playing with my light swtich, for all i care :)

If you are referring to the flame-like effect flickering, I am pretty sure it is a bug. I have been seeing the flame syndana doing the same in some cases since U15.

Agreed. I'd rather deal with a pain in the &#!, than a pain in the eyes.

If you are referring to the flame-like effect flickering, I am pretty sure it is a bug. I have been seeing the flame syndana doing the same in some cases since U15.

I really hope it's a bug.