Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companions On Archwing Missions

Yotan

As the title states.  I had watch many the Dev steam when they stated that Companions were not going on the archwing mission.  While I can understand the kubrows, simple the only why for them to fly around is some weird form of puppy archwing.  That I am sure the Dev don't wish to make.  However Sentinels are another matter entire.

They are autonomous interfaces only there to preform the functions they are presented with in the form of mobs. They are not organic, they require no atmosphere to survive.  They are more then capable of keep up with the speeds and maneuvers the the archwing achieves in space.  On top of all that.   Their core functions would be massively useful, specially Deathcube or Shade.  I am not expecting them to put out a heavy amount of damage.  In fact I was thinking less is more.   The Dev could also have it to were the sentinels could connect or attach to the archwings harness in the back (think R2D2).  Either directly, by cable, or rod.  Could provide rear support without completely destroying the enemies from behind.  Enough to chip at enemy shields but not deplete them, or even more of a simple function act as an anti-missile system (to a degree) while still using the abilities the make the sentinels unique.

Again I am not talking OP'ing the archwing/tenno during mission.

Keeping the sentinels core functions the focus.

Only provide support, which is what they always do.

so... you think sentinels can fly as fast as Archwing? and you think they can endure the michael-bayish explosions that Archwing can withstand?... i don't... but i would love a Vacuum mod for Archwing though.

If you read the actual text, you'd see that he suggests making the sentinels directly attached to the Archwing.

Although the concept seems a bit interesting, OP, instead of having the abilities directly transferred into the Archwing game mode... I'd imagine that the Archwing itself alters the Sentinels too, making the abilities slightly different. It's not like enemies will always be 20 meters away from you so you can stealth in space.

When I did the Archwing introduction quest, I had Helios "with me" in space (he was dead, but on my UI). When I saw that, it immediately occurred to me... why can't they be with us? Like others have said, just let them attach to the Archwing. They might have slightly different roles, but I think most of them could remain relatively intact.

• 3 weeks later...

What? No. Why the HELL would you want your Sentinel?

Even if I thought this made any sense - which I don't - it would be more logical to deploy a new type of drone device to do this.

You will have to totally mangle Sentinel mechanics (guns/abilities/ranges) to make them fit in to an environment they are not fit to go into, in order for what, so you have something pretty to look at?

You wouldn't do it for the guns. As for the abilities... They're strapped to something that can provide them with more power, meaning the ability power/range can increase. 

Cloaking? Sure

vaporize? Sure

Vacume? Sure

Scanner? Absolutely. 

Crowd dispersal? Ok

Fatal attraction... would probably need a rework.