Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Day Of The Dead Skins

Orav_94

I know it's my fault for buying and Orthos skin b4 checkin if it fits the Prime version (which it doesn't), but come on DE, we all know you could have pointed out it doesn't work for Primes in the description or something. Please stop being so capitalistic X_X

Edited by Orav_94

I know it's my fault for buying and Orthos skin b4 checkin if it fits the Prime version (which it doesn't), but come on DE, we all know you could have pointed out it doesn't work for Primes in the description or something. Please stop being so capitalistic X_X

How is that their fault? No Prime weapons are displayed in the image.

How is that their fault? No Prime weapons are displayed in the image.

As bolded and underlined, never accused 'em of the buy, accused them of not going a step forward for their clients.

Edited by Orav_94

The major issue here is that the Orthos Prime and several other Prime weapons have a completely different model from their "mundane" counterparts, so DE would need to model twice as many skins for just a little more money coming in on their end. It just isn't worth the time that it would take for them to do it. 

Well it tells you exactly what weapons the skins work with. I don't see prime in any of the names so I don't see why a big warning sign saying "Does not work with prime variants!!!!" is needed. All the info you need is there.

I also think skins for duel pistols should work with single versions which is a much easier fix, but thats yet to be the case.

We might see skins working with primes eventually.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

As bolded and underlined, never accused 'em of the buy, accused them of not going a step forward for their clients.

So because they set the skins to only work with an already-determined number of weapons, which are both pictured and listed in the item description, they're being capitalistic and aren't doing enough for their customers?

You've got to be kidding.

Everything in the plat store is overpriced anyway imo... And with prime weapons being the weapons used by the majority of players, I would expect DE, even if the models were a bit different, to go one step forward. But apparently that's just me.

I mean, would players that invest money in a game and buy needless skins really use an Orthos instead of Orthos Prime if they had the choice (and it's not like one has to work too hard to get it)? 

Everything in the plat store is overpriced anyway imo... And with prime weapons being the weapons used by the majority of players, I would expect DE, even if the models were a bit different, to go one step forward. But apparently that's just me.

I mean, would players that invest money in a game and buy needless skins really use an Orthos instead of Orthos Prime if they had the choice (and it's not like one has to work too hard to get it)? 

A majority of players use primes? Source please.

Thats not true at all. I rarely see a prime weapon being used. Even so whether or not skins should extend to primes isn't the issue. You were annoyed because DE didn't make the fact skins don't follow over to their prime counterparts even more obvious then it already is.

It tells you exactly what weapons the skins work with and not a single prime is mentioned.

I'd still use an orthos over an orthos prime if it had a skin I liked a lot, because primes generally aren't much better then their normal versions and so one isn't losing out on much.

Perhaps DE doesn't want skins to carry over to primes? Perhaps they are still working on it and trying to make it look good with the prime models? Who knows. The point is skins not working on primes at the moment is neither here nor there. It certainty doesn't make DE "capitalistic".

Edited by StinkyPygmy

wrong ....most people only use the weapons the skins cover UNTILL they get the prime versions

it makes perfect sense for them to  include prime versions

This is completely false, at least in my experience. I would LOVE to see a source of this information. If I had a Boltor Prime that couldn't take a skin, and a Boltor that could, and I preferred the skin to the bling, you damn well better believe that I'm going to use the standard over the Prime, stats or otherwise. 

I don't see any big deal with "the models are different" i mean... Scindo and dual zoren have some skins that change the model completely, so... why does that couldn't happen with the prime weapons?? please... i'm getting bored of golden thing...

The major issue here is that the Orthos Prime and several other Prime weapons have a completely different model from their "mundane" counterparts, so DE would need to model twice as many skins for just a little more money coming in on their end. It just isn't worth the time that it would take for them to do it. 

Don't see a reason why they can't just make the alternate skins with the old models available on the new prime variants. Considering that there are already several weapon skins that completely change the weapon model, I don't see why they couldn't just modify several lines of code to allow for the alternate skins with the old models on the prime variants. Not to mention you can already do that with the helmets and bodies for the prime warframes.

Edited by Zyion