Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weak Fusion Cores?

xXxDavidCameronxXx

It seems that because I have saved up my fusion cores, opting to use dupes instead first, I have hit a soft cap or something (25 Bronze, 13 Silver, 3 Gold "normal" cores) where fusion cores I gain are now weaker for strenghtening mods (they have less rank things along the bottom.) Am I understanding this mechanic right? If so why am I being punished for saving up cores? Is it some kind of anti-farming mechanic?

Common cores can drop with a rank of 1 to 3 (although there are rank 0 cores usually given out for changes or from glitches), Uncommon and Rare cores go from 1 to 5.  They tend to drop based on the level of difficulty in the mission multiplied by RNG.

To my knowledge and experience there is no storage cap or throttling down i.e. receiving lesser ranked cores for saving due to saving them up.

Edit: Er ya, what they said, each rank of a mod requires twice as much energy to level than the previous rank.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

Common cores can drop with a rank of 1 to 3 (although there are rank 0 cores usually given out for changes or from glitches), Uncommon and Rare cores go from 1 to 5.  They tend to drop based on the level of difficulty in the mission multiplied by RNG.

To my knowledge and experience there is no storage cap or throttling down i.e. receiving lesser ranked cores for saving due to saving them up.

This is correct and there is no cap to how many fusion cores you can have.

Edit: Er ya, what they said, each rank of a mod requires twice as much energy to level than the previous rank.

Just to clarify, I am aware that a mod needs more energy each time it is leveled up. What I am talking about is this rank thing, are you saying that it is normal to get uncommon and rare cores that are not fully ranked up, and that it is just a coincidence that I haven't gotten any before now?

Just to clarify, I am aware that a mod needs more energy each time it is leveled up. What I am talking about is this rank thing, are you saying that it is normal to get uncommon and rare cores that are not fully ranked up, and that it is just a coincidence that I haven't gotten any before now?

Well, the rank of the cores is dependent on the difficulty of the mission.  Higher difficulty missions tend to drop higher rank and rarity cores.  Then there's T4 Survival which gives out Rare 5 Cores in packs of 5 every other reward payout.

Of course that being said, I've been around since just before Cicero event ended, I've had thousands of cores but I still only have found one Rare 4 Core.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

It's perfectly normal to get fusion cores that are not fully ranked.

Depending on the mission type you can get rank 1-3/5 fusion cores, it's generally based on the level, so very low level missions will give lower ranked fusion cores. Around roughly level 15-20~ fusion cores are always max ranked from drops.

You usually get non-full rank cores from lower level missions (such as nodes found on Mercury, Venus and Earth). For example, levels that start at an enemy level of 1 - 10... the enemies here, will drop fusion cores that are NOT fully ranked.

I have never gotten a core that was not fully ranked on any void mission and I can't recall getting one that isn't fully ranked on planets where the enemies start at level 11 or higher. 

Edited by (PS4)renosis

I have over 1300 Common cores of various ranks, 250 Uncommon and about the same Rares.

You get various rank core as drops so it's not unusual to have them but there isn't any penalty to saving them up.  Which you would need to to rank up things like Blind Rage as you need hundreds of Rare Rank 5's and thousands of lower ranked ones to get to rank 10

Yes

Edited by Sabreracer