Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Players

Latronico

a hat not an hat

and you make a good point trolls be trollin

Actually, in The Queen's English, 'H' sounds are clipped. Would you say "a herb" (Awkward and clunky), or would you say "an herb" (Easy, flows). Therefore, saying (As in actually, physically, in meat-space) "An hat" with an English accent is easy and it flows better than saying "A hat."

The more you know...

@ Topic: You must be new to this whole "Internet" thing, right? Its okay, I'm a certified guide.

To be less of a $&*^ about it; Trolls derive their amusement from making sure no one else gets to enjoy the game. Just ignore them and do your own thing.

I've been using banish to help noob players not get murdered on high level maps when the mobs begin to overwhelm them. so I don't have to keep reviving them. Since I got him the only people I've trolled are the people that purposely get in front of me and my Opticore while sniping to block my line of site, then I break their balls and they whine like babies. Don't try to mess with me. And of course clan mates ;).

Other than that I haven't used him for trolling at all. Saying that all Limbo players are troll is an ignorant and ridiculous statement.

Edited by DotBeta

i am actually getting a bit depressed at the harassment at this point, i stopped using my powers but people just leave/yell at me/other

so now instead of using my powers i just follow along not doing anything, maybe i rift walk and watch as the others get beaten down by the boss or high ranking enemies instead of using my powers to save them, because why would anyone want to get yelled at for actually doing something to help. i can't take much more really, i might go soloing now most of the time cause you who yell and harass me have done it, you won. 

are you happy now?

i am actually getting a bit depressed at the harassment at this point, i stopped using my powers but people just leave/yell at me/other

so now instead of using my powers i just follow along not doing anything, maybe i rift walk and watch as the others get beaten down by the boss or high ranking enemies instead of using my powers to save them, because why would anyone want to get yelled at for actually doing something to help. i can't take much more really, i might go soloing now most of the time cause you who yell and harass me have done it, you won. 

are you happy now?

So much this.

I get yelled at at ever match I jojn, nearly, and I never troll.

'YOU PIECE OF S#&$ YOU TROLL ME NOW I CANT USE MEH BOLTOR PRIME FUUUUU-'

Didn't you notice that your hp is at 5? That I'm tired of rezzing your sorry &#!, ffs? Can't you see I've put cataclysm so you can't shoot them from outside, and that you're getting x3 damage?

GOD.

Quit stereotyping.

It's better to use Limbo with people who fully understand the potential of the frame. I already live the same situation evanescent said... in the most part i just trying to save them... give them suport and help them to shoot outside the cataclysm... but for the majority of the players they think you are just trolling them...

Well because that Rhino is so popular in this game... They dont need to think just go all the way killing things... no strategies... no team work just pure rampage... Limbo it's a hard frame to use but like you guys already mentionted he have the powers to be the ultimate troll in this game... But don t judge all the Limbo players for that we can't blame everyone because some jerks. =)

While levelling limbo up on Cerberus/Pluto I hardly ever used cataclysm and I never banished anyone. I used rift walk to escape damage when necessary and pulled the mobs into the rift to take them out. It worked really well. I think banishing other players should only be done in clan/friend groups. Limbo needs more coordination and will take a while for people to figure out the best use.

On trolling, in the last year or so I've played Warframe ive only had a couple of problems with players. I don't recognise what you guys are describing but you should absolutely report them so we can help DE weed out the bad seeds.

Not all Limbo users troll. Just like not all Vaubans, Loki's or Valkyr's troll. People will troll, get used to it cause it happens.

^

I try to control my abilities when I play on Limbo. Though I have yet to Banish another player as that only seems to get me rage rather then thanks even if I was genuinely trying to help them.

When ever there is a new frame with troll powers it seems worst.

Hopefully the kids get over there boredom and stop trolling.

But the question does strike me ( I don't yet have Limbroll)

what else is this frame good for?

mastery points?

Edited by Zeromanicus

I use banish on teammates between waves of defense, so they can regain some energy.

They dont understand that I remove it before the next wave, and get angry.

I think it would be more useful if banish had a small AoE where you target, like Fireball on Ember.

That way, first, it would be easier to hit moving targets (like Teammates). Second, it would be more useful to be in the rift. Currently banishing one by one is a slow, not worthwhile process -- you have to aim DIRECTLY at them, do the animation, then attack. If you could banish small groups of enemies together, it would be more useful both for Limbo with Riftwalk, and for banishing teammates to regain energy and having them not be completely useless.

Edited by S7ORM

If a player agrees to it and their warframe is appropriate, I'll Banish teammates so hey can safely spam abilities near the enemy.

He excels in Excavation (using Cataclysm as a snowglobe) and high-level Interception (Rift Walk, casting Banish on anything that tries to hack).

Rift Walk is also a more useful version of Invisibility for things such as activating LS or reviving allies.

No frame comes close to Limbo in terms of trolling potential. Vauban? Loki? Valkyr? They're p!ssies compared to Limbo when it comes to trolling. They can't take you COMPLETELY OUT of the game for a minute. Limbo can.

Don't blame the frame though, blame the trolls using it this way. He can be very helpful, but unfortunately many players prefer being douchebags. Sad, but true.

valkyr trolls? is it the whip?

not all limbos are trolls. i personally never trolled a single person. maybe clicked 4 by accident but hey accidents happen. dont be ignorant and label all limbo users as trolls. and to be fair just today i joined a squad doing t4 def. frost prime didnt even cast globe properly on the machine and its health was done to 10% i cast a minimum duration cataclysm and everyone freaks. FFS im tryna save you people. i rift walk to rez ppl while everyone else is busy dying.

Edited by Damurah

So much this.

Didn't you notice that your hp is at 5? That I'm tired of rezzing your sorry @$$, ffs? Can't you see I've put cataclysm so you can't shoot them from outside, and that you're getting x3 damage?

GOD.

Quit stereotyping.

the limbo dilemma... i fel ya brah

I was playing on Sechura with Limbo - leveling him up.

I wasn't using any powers.

Vauban told me to leave.

I was host, no way i would leave.

Vauban started using Bounce on me.

I asked him to stop.

He refused.

Bounces everywhere.

Still not using Limbo's powers and trying to play.

He continued.

I turned off my internet.

Vauban lost connection - disconnected.

I'm playing solo.

Vauban is worse troll than Limbo.

that guy was just a #$&(%, blame the player not the frame. I used to loathe Loki trolls, but once I got the frame for mastery he became one of my mains.

This may be off topic, but this is why we need a rating system of sorts. So all the good players can play with the good players, and all the trolls can troll each other to death.

^

are you happy now?

So much this.

Didn't you notice that your hp is at 5? That I'm tired of rezzing your sorry @$$, ffs? Can't you see I've put cataclysm so you can't shoot them from outside, and that you're getting x3 damage?

GOD.

Quit stereotyping.

It's better to use Limbo with people who fully understand the potential of the frame. I already live the same situation evanescent said... in the most part i just trying to save them... give them suport and help them to shoot outside the cataclysm... but for the majority of the players they think you are just trolling them...

Well because that Rhino is so popular in this game... They dont need to think just go all the way killing things... no strategies... no team work just pure rampage... Limbo it's a hard frame to use but like you guys already mentionted he have the powers to be the ultimate troll in this game... But don t judge all the Limbo players for that we can't blame everyone because some jerks. =)

not all limbos are trolls. i personally never trolled a single person. maybe clicked 4 by accident but hey accidents happen. dont be ignorant and label all limbo users as trolls. and to be fair just today i joined a squad doing t4 def. frost prime didnt even cast globe properly on the machine and its health was done to 10% i cast a minimum duration cataclysm and everyone freaks. FFS im tryna save you people. i rift walk to rez ppl while everyone else is busy dying.

the limbo dilemma... i fel ya brah

Y'all should add me.

I'm a nice Limbo. And I use my skills without a problem. And if you guys don't like it, just say. I always stop when people tell me to.

You all saying Limbo is the troll need to be much less braindead. Limbo is amazing because he actually helps. Like Loki and Mag used to.

Trolls are not a Warframe thing, nor a Internet thing. Trolls are bad people. And bad people will be around wherever you go. Be it in reality or virtuality.

Want to avoid them? Stop PUGng. Can't stop? Deal with it. It's not a nice system, but it's how life works. Either you like it or not.

I'm living proof and witness that Limbo is NOT just a troll frame. I saved yesterday two dudes from almost losing on Viver. And we all agreed it was a great fight.

So STOP with your goddamn nerf nagging and deal with it. Before DE decides to take you seriously and nerf the teamwork potential of another great frame because a few idiots like to try and make others suffer just because their lives are garbage.

I'm done.

Sincerely, Mrs GentleRhino~ *Tips hat*

^

Y'all should add me.

I'm a nice Limbo. And I use my skills without a problem. And if you guys don't like it, just say. I always stop when people tell me to.

You all saying Limbo is the troll need to be much less braindead. Limbo is amazing because he actually helps. Like Loki and Mag used to.

Trolls are not a Warframe thing, nor a Internet thing. Trolls are bad people. And bad people will be around wherever you go. Be it in reality or virtuality.

Want to avoid them? Stop PUGng. Can't stop? Deal with it. It's not a nice system, but it's how life works. Either you like it or not.

I'm living proof and witness that Limbo is NOT just a troll frame. I saved yesterday two dudes from almost losing on Viver. And we all agreed it was a great fight.

So STOP with your goddamn nerf nagging and deal with it. Before DE decides to take you seriously and nerf the teamwork potential of another great frame because a few idiots like to try and make others suffer just because their lives are garbage.

I'm done.

Sincerely, Mrs GentleRhino~ *Tips hat*

+1

So much this.

GOD.

Quit stereotyping.

Except that most people just spam their skill regardless of other player hp or situation. I understand they are trying to get the power skill up but getting block everytime some enemies show up is annoying. 

I remember when people were throwing fits over Valkyr's ripline. If only they had known this day would come.

The way I see it, people using Limbo for trolling will fade as time goes on. People who focus on trolling with him won't actually know how to use him properly and will just end up dead on the ground more times than not. People who use Limbo legitimately are too focused on actually using his skills properly.

Luckily I play with friends so I don't have to suffer any harassment. I use my abilities as responsibly as possible, and I've saved my team a couple of times in tricky situations thanks to banish.