Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can You Get Demoted If You're Syndicate Rank Is 1 Or Above?

FrostXeno

Question

10 answers to this question

Darn really? that means its impossible to max out all 6 syndicates,i was hoping you would get negative points, but still keep the rank and stuff. . 

Yeah I didn't know this either, but when you think about it, it makes sense.

This might mean it'd be best to just stick with two (or 3) syndicates.....Hm. Guess I might be ending up with New Loka...

To elaborate, I don't know if this applies to all ranks of a syndicate. It would be nice if, once you get to rank 4 or 5, your status is "locked" and you can't lose reputation anymore. Seems logical, but maybe too easy for players and counterintuitive to the sacrifice motif.

But it definitely applies to rank 1. I tried playing both sides with Perrin and Arbiters and it bit me in the @$$. Good thing Perrin just asks for 2 Detonite Ampules and 30k creds, lol.

Edited by holdenagincourt

Darn really? that means its impossible to max out all 6 syndicates,i was hoping you would get negative points, but still keep the rank and stuff. . 

Will you also try to vote for republicans and democrats at the same freaking time?... google common sense, you might learn some interesting stuff! : D

To elaborate, I don't know if this applies to all ranks of a syndicate. It would be nice if, once you get to rank 4 or 5, your status is "locked" and you can't lose reputation anymore. Seems logical, but maybe too easy for players and counterintuitive to the sacrifice motif.

But it definitely applies to rank 1. I tried playing both sides with Perrin and Arbiters and it bit me in the @$$. Good thing Perrin just asks for 2 Detonite Ampules and 30k creds, lol.

My plan was to end up with Arbiters last on my little journey through each of the syndicates.

While it's STILL possible to go through them all, this bit of news definitely throws a wrench in that plan. I'm not all beat up about it, but I'm gonna have to really think about what to do next. Currently I'm rank 2 in both Perrin and Loka. The next will probably end up being Red Veil (which actually I don't want to join. like at all. I hate their belief system). Since I'm only wearing Perrin's sigil, I'm only getting bad marks towards Meridian. So I MIGHT be able to join Cephalon if I simply don't wear Loka's sigil, and only gain reputation from them by doing Perrin missions.

Arbiters are none too happy with me, but I might be able to join them viably as long as I don't join Red Veil.... hmmmm.... This got more complicated than I thought.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Wait... so if you spend standings for the mods, then you'll get demoted and can't get them again?

Yep.

For now it might be best to just stick with your current syndicate+their ally and maybe whatever third syndicate is neutral to you. The devs promised more rewards and stuff to buy from all the syndicates, so if you switch over "to the dark side" of your current syndicate, you might regret it later.

Edited by SoulEchelon