Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo Drops Should Be Tweaked.

Blitzrhei

Rather than have all ammo drops be a fixed amount of 20, I think that they should reflect the kind of weapons they are for. Pistols can have the current 20, but shotguns should have a lesser amount - rifles having the most. As it currently is, shotguns practically never run out of ammo, but rifles and smgs burn through it so quickly and take a long time to recover.

Percentage wise, the ammo drops restore:

4% of total ammo for rifles (unmodded capacity)

17% of total ammo for shotguns (again unmodded).

By scaling the ammo drops, I'm guessing it would even the playing field among weapons a little bit, rather than highly favouring shotguns.

Thoughts?

Edit: I put 20 as the drop as its more than likely that the player/party would have scavenger mods on

Edited by Blitzrhei

The only problem with ammo I see is that in some type of missions like defense we have 3 guys with rifle and 1 with bow and the only ammo I see dropping is for shotgun, no one has a freaking shotgun why don't drop ammo for the weapons carried into the mission?

From what I can see the actual ammo drops are scaled to the weapons. Such as pistol, and rifle ammo dropping more times while sniper ammo drops the least amount of time. On my screen it appears that shotgun ammo drops too much, but that's only because I have never used a shotgun in this game so I was never able to pick the ammo up. Lots of little green boxes for me in endless defenses.

I'd like to see it as a percentage of the Weapon's max ammo, not a flat number. Apart from meaning that the Max Ammo mod is thus much more attractive, it would allow better balance between powerful single-shot weapons (which should have a smaller magazine, thus rewarding marksmanship) and rapid-fire weapons (which have lower damage, in general, and would thus have larger magazines to compensate). For instance, a Lex would get less ammo per pickup than a Viper due to having different ammo reserve totals, which would be off-set by the fact that the Lex requires considerably less ammo-per-kill.

As long as they release a Mod increasing the effeciency of pickups by x%, I'll be happy.

Scavenger Artifacts?

And buy ammo boxes if you have ammo trouble. And now that everyone is rolling in the dough.... there is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally no excuse.

I'd like it if a pickup either gave one mag worth for whatever you're using or a percentage of max ammo, 20 rounds is nothing for some of the automatics. I also wouldn't mind universal ammo pickups if the drop rate was scaled down, I'm tired of being out of rifle ammo and seeing nothing but shotgun and sniper drops

I think it is balanced by making single shot weapons ammo more rare than the automatic or secondary. That being said, there is almost no use to use high rate of fire guns because the ammo count can not compete with amount of ammo you run trough, no matter what weapon class (even Boar) but there is a simply fix in to this that I think would be easy to do and would not harm the gameplay at all and that is by creating a new mod that will increase the picked up ammo count by certain +X solid amount of ammo and the mod does not consume many points from your upgrades.

This mod would mean that the life of automatic guns would be highly boosted while being almost useless to guns that never run out of ammo anyways.

I don't find there is a lot of balance between slow firing weapons and the ones that just spit ammo. In general the slow firing weapons do way more damage and never suffer ammo shortages. The bullet spitters only really seem to do well vrs single targets that you bring the gun along just to fight.

They seem to be balanced around shots per minutes but with most things dieing in 1-2 shots from a shotgun the reload isn't as big of a draw back as the damage outputs would indicate. The only time it's really a factor is vrs bosses that take multiple reloads to kill. Even then though you often have to hide to recharge shields ( on most frames ) which also give time to reload.

have you ever got to the higher wave defences? shotgun runs out of ammo insanely fast and all other guns cause every mob tanks everything even with ammo artifacts. that being said i agree with rifle drops rewarding more than 20 cuz as of right now your just #*($%%@ if you want to do higher waves with a rifle.

I understand that rifle ammo drops are scarce, especially in defense missions. I even use the rifle scavenger artifact, and had my friend use it also and still didn't seem to affect the drop rate of rifle ammo ( maybe it's broken? ). However, it's easily countered with the new credit nerf/buff and buying ammo boxes. I carry 8 at all times, only need to use them during long defense runs. One box should resupply your entire ammo capacity. I have a gorgon with 25% max ammo and it fills that entirely. If they did increase ammo count it would just reduce the use of market items. The system seems stable as is.

Scavenger Artifacts?

And buy ammo boxes if you have ammo trouble. And now that everyone is rolling in the dough.... there is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally no excuse.

I meant something that would make the pickups you get BETTER, not something that made half the ammo pickups Rifle rounds.

And it should apply to Health/Power as well. 

I meant something that would make the pickups you get BETTER, not something that made half the ammo pickups Rifle rounds.

And it should apply to Health/Power as well. 

Yeah....artifacts for all of that exist.

I dont think they are just going to make one mod that just makes everything "better" across the board as it defeats the purpose of the artifacts.

They did say they wanted to get rid of the artifacts but i think all they are going to do is turn them into mods like the Enemy Radar one.