Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forced Evac Still In Play

Wreckoning

So I am running an Archwing exterminate mission.  Doing the usual, backpedaling to level up my Corvas.  And there's Ordis warning me about leaving the mission.  So, I stop backpedaling and move forward instead.  Two seconds later, *Zoink* yanked out of the mission.  i was about 80& of the way through which sucks, but fortunately I had not gotten any Uncommon or Rare mods so far in that run.

Can we please get rid of that functionality and simply put up a forcefield wall the way they have them in the sabotage missions?  Honesly I do not give a crap about realism at this point, what I give a crap about is if I am mid-mission, get Morphic Transformers and then get yanked.  Seriously, put is some temporary fix until you have some sort of HUD indicator telling me exactly what way I am supposed to go so that I am not forced to evac the mission and lose all my progress and drops.  Or forcefully reposition me instead of yanking me. 

Why even put in that functionality?  If I want to abort a mission I can hit escape and do it the traditional way.

Anyway, please fix it.

I think it works this way:

if you get more than a kilometer (1000 meters) from any of your objectives, you get the warning.

If you go further, you get the boot.

(Edit) Of course if the waypoint is messed up you are SCREWED...

Edited by Kalenath

Turning around works for me. 

People like freedom of movement... turning around to avoid being extracted is a turn-off when you want to freely explore Archwing. It feels very... limiting when you have to turn around to avoid extraction, so I think it'd make sense if DE removed the forced extraction thing and allow us to just do it the traditional way.

Here's another solution:  Flash a big red waypoint in the destination I am supposed to head in.  

Another:  overlay a tunnel grid around the edges of the screen to funnel me back in teh right direction.

Another: Put a game option that you can turn on to autopilot you away from leaving.

Another: A game option to overlay a wall designating the mission boundaries when you are approaching them (give me the OPTION to take away some realism so I don't fail missions by accident)

Another: Show me a trail of dots to follow to get away from the boundary

Another: Give me the option to turn off auto extract and make me hit an invisible wall

I should be able to make the choice to sacrifice realism in exchange for the security of knowing I wont get prematurely yanked out of a mission.

Another:  If you insist on this forced extraction then let us KEEP THE MODS WE PICKED UP

People like freedom of movement... turning around to avoid being extracted is a turn-off when you want to freely explore Archwing. It feels very... limiting when you have to turn around to avoid extraction, so I think it'd make sense if DE removed the forced extraction thing and allow us to just do it the traditional way.

You say people like freedom of movement & forced extraction makes you feel limited & yet a majority of people ask for walls that indicate that you can't go any further which directly contradict free movement & such. 

You can go pretty dang far before you get the extraction warning, in which case, all you have to do is turn around. 

You say people like freedom of movement & forced extraction makes you feel limited & yet a majority of people ask for walls that indicate that you can't go any further which directly contradict free movement & such. 

You can go pretty dang far before you get the extraction warning, in which case, all you have to do is turn around. 

people like being hypocrites.

That being said, the forced extraction is a big problem. If you know what way to go, you can generally get back and dont get extracted, but only if you started moving right after getting the message. If you're a few seconds late? "WELL TOO BAD, ORDIS, PREPARE THE PINK PRODSTICK!"

Not to mention enemies have no qualms with it, so they can go wander off and get stuck behind a rock. With no way to kill them (maybe with elytron, but it's still kinda rare to see those)

Personally I want to see 3 things:

- a VISUAL warning of approaching the boundary, not just lotus going like 'Oh, you're abandoning this mission.... 3...2...1... aaand you're out.'

- a VISUAL clue system of where to go and how long you have before getting booted. Boosting towards the mission area would either slow or stop the 'extraction timer', whilst going deeper into the no-go zone would count the timer down from 10 normally, and then trigger the following:

- Ordis coming to pick you up, and dump you at the mission start (no matter from where you got extracted), instead of bailing the mission.

Although freedom in free-roam archwing mode is great, there just has to be a map boundary, else it would get way too big.

I actually have had the misfortune of being forced extracted...during the extraction screen. I even got the rare Archwing mod for efficiency and promptly lost it. Kind of put me out of the mood of playing Warframe until things are either stated "as intended" or "oops, a bug."

I even got the rare Archwing mod for efficiency and promptly lost it.

THIS.

We are all at the mercy of the RNG.  The idea that I could finally get something and then lose it is what sets the tone of this thread for me.  Something needs to be done.