Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being Able To Disable Shaders For Performance Boost Suggestion

Mama_Sasha

Now, just to let you know, i dont have any performance issues, but for those who love Warframe, but are on weaker computers and on a tight budget and unable to upgrade your computer, or using laptops who cant even be upgraded, this suggestion might be a nice solution if you dont care if the game looks less appealing, as long as the game runs smooth.

In Elder Scrolls Oblivon and Fallout 3, there was a console command called TLB, wich let the player to turn off shaders such as bumb mapping, shadows and lightning, causing the game to have a very less appealing look, kinda like in the older game such as Quake and Doom.

Here is an example image

hqdefault.jpg

As you can see, there is no lightning, no shadows or pixel shaders at all, but as you can see int eh FPS counter, its 60+ frames.

For budget computers, this ability for Warframe could be very usefull,

Now for us people with Tower Monster computers, this isnt useful consider our huge FPS, But think about those who simply cant upgrade nor have the money for it. Lets face it, not everyone has the same budget as Scrooge McDuck, nor will some be able to get such money to upgrade their old computers, or perhaps cant even do so for various reasons.

And please keep it civil and think of the optimistic possibilities of this ability.

The more people who can run the game smoothly, the more players there is, and more can enjoy it.

That be all.

EDIT: Also, if this is in the wrong section, please move to the right section.

EDIT2: Added more information.

Edited by Cebius

I hope not. That it will go unnoticed. This seems like a good decision for the devs to chase.

Well it will go unoticed consider that i am not that well known in the community. I ocne made a suggestion of adding a Bloom Slider so people could adjust the Bloom level, but that one got srugged under the floor. I think it is archived now.

Well it will go unoticed consider that i am not that well known in the community. I ocne made a suggestion of adding a Bloom Slider so people could adjust the Bloom level, but that one got srugged under the floor. I think it is archived now.

STAHP. Please.. just hope that they don't and just bump this place every once in awhile, ok? ;~;

• 1 month later...

I give this thread one final bump.

Reason? Check the thread again. While Warframe is being compatible with Windows Xp, an old outdated system, why not also give the ability to disable shaders such as Normal Mapping and cube mapping? This can boost the performance alot..

And i am not talkinga bout disable all shaders to everyone, just an option you can choose in the option menu or at the launcher.

That be all.

• 3 months later...

As someone who has played this game for two years on a laptop that is about five years old now, more options to increase performance on low-end PCs is always something I love to see.

The game has slowly been getting harder to run as time progresses, and while it leaves the game looking better, it has left players with low-end PCs the short end of the stick.  I have to give DE some credit though, Warframe is one of the few games I can run relatively comfortably compared to a lot of other games, so I applaud them for that.

That being said, do please add more options that allow us to increase our performance if we need it.  A lot of people actually do need it in the end.

Edited by Starius

As someone who has played this game for two years on a laptop that is about five years old now, more options to increase performance on low-end PCs is always something I love to see.

The game has slowly been getting harder to run as time progresses, and while it leaves the game looking better, it has left players with low-end PCs the short end of the stick.  I have to give DE some credit though, Warframe is one of the few games I can run relatively comfortably compared to a lot of other games, so I applaud them for that.

That being said, do please add more options that allow us to increase our performance if we need it.  A lot of people actually do need it in the end.

having an old computer and being left behind sucks. being able to adjust the quality of the game further is something that all games really need.

I remember playing a game that had ridiculous amount of graphic options that allowed me to either make the game look amazing, or look so bad that it was just single shaded color on the objects, but the FPS got a huge boost.

Whoops, I just realized I've posted in the wrong thread, meant to post in your more recent one but ended up posting here after following the link to this one.  Oh well I guess, more publicity for this sort of thing.

having an old computer and being left behind sucks. being able to adjust the quality of the game further is something that all games really need.

I remember playing a game that had ridiculous amount of graphic options that allowed me to either make the game look amazing, or look so bad that it was just single shaded color on the objects, but the FPS got a huge boost.

It really does suck, and options like this can make a huge difference.  I can't see it being too hard to implement considering what they have already, but I'm not a game developer either.

Whoops, I just realized I've posted in the wrong thread, meant to post in your more recent one but ended up posting here after following the link to this one.  Oh well I guess, more publicity for this sort of thing.

It really does suck, and options like this can make a huge difference.  I can't see it being too hard to implement considering what they have already, but I'm not a game developer either.

No worries, both threads are about performance and your post makes sense on both.

programming is a difficult task, as some people might not think it is. But since programming is vast, you can add all kinds of things to an application.

Recently, Homeworld Remastered was released, and the guys who made it pimped up an 12 year old engine and made it look beautiful.