Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oceania Region Chat Is Full Of Recruiting.

LocasMaxis

So I've made this topic in the UI feedback section but decided to move it here and reiterate after recent events.

So in the Oceania server, the recruiting channel is deserted and the region channel is full of recruiting. I assume nothing has been done to remedy this because Oceania hasn't got a large enough chat population to warrant moderating bots being in effect. I have tried remedying the problem, a bit toxicly I am not to proud to admit. But I do this out of passion for a return to the old times of fun conversations in region chat, unmarred by walls of recruiting where it ought not be.

So I implore DE, please do something to remedy this. The community might be smaller then other servers, and I assume those have adapted to the new system, but I have seen person after person have absolutely no clue about how the recruiting channel actually works. So one thing that would help fix the problem would be to add to the opening message of recruiting that the player list only shows the people who have spoken in the channel. Or some line to that effect. This would surely stop at least half the people from recruiting in the region chat because almost every person I've talked to about this have said something along the lines of not using recruiting because no one is there.

Another idea is to add a player count to the chat rooms, one that shows how many players are currently in each room. This would show people that the recruiting channel is in fact full of people.There are probably more solutions but that's up to DE to figure out. I just hope this gets remedied soon, so I don't get permanently muted in the mean time.