Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Warframe Worth It?

Chernobull

Just play it whenever you feel like having some mindless slaughter but don't get into it and don't get your hopes up if you are hoping to do something other than spam endless mission types once you max out a serration and a few ability related mods.

So true.

When I tried out Warframe I hadn't played any action games and it really hit the spot. I enjoyed the grind to "Get all the things. Potato all the things." I think I enjoy the events more than any of the updates lately. The all Hellion tactical alert was a bit of a letdown but I hope new events and Tactical alerts will be more exciting. Opticore surprised me when I thought most new weapons would be subtle remixes of old ones. I hope they keep weapons coming steadily and keep up events and finally make events replay-able. Polish and fixes are something.. I wish they'd come out with a series of patches that were nothing but getting those annoyances taken care of. The UI team seems overwhelmed too. Its two guys? They're catching up but I hope it all comes together in the end.

Anyone who reached anywhere near the "end game" obviously can tolerate repetition, and it's not the problem. The problem is that the only challenge in game ramps up. Why not have ridiculously difficult missions that start out difficult, with perhaps nightmare limitations too. Code is already there.

Why not have rescue missions that are difficult and pretty much force sneaking, why not makes higher level enemies resistant to frame powers, i know i know player feel powerful spamming their op skills for 1/4th the cost end game but it's not ok, opponents could easily have power resistance based on their level and type, that can scale up to immune, or even start out as immune. I want to do captures that are close to impossible and exterminates where team must fight the least amount of opponents at the time because they are deadly, survival should be about survival too not going out of your way for trouble but trying to get capsules as a team, also the pressure in defense missions should be relentless and deadly.

It takes 3-6 forma on primary and a max leveled frame to reach "end game", with potato on both, not much.

And there is an "endgame":

Forma.png

It makes you go back and revisit these places, using different weapon/Warframe loadouts and generally trying out new stuff. Alternatively, you can do ODD all day until there is nothing left to put a Forma in. Your choice. If you enjoy that, that's great.

No.

Yes because ranking the same thing on the same levels at the same difficulty is totally the same as content for people to use their maxed ranked gear and have challenge

Yes. (As in I agree that none of it is the same as actual endgame)

Edited by FREQ1989

Yes because ranking the same thing on the same levels at the same difficulty is totally the same as content for people to use their maxed ranked gear and have challenge

Who said it was the same? If you want a challenge with your maxed gear, there are countless nodes on the starchart with endless mission types. I play these myself, too. Just not exclusively.

Yes. (As in I agree that none of it is the same as actual endgame)

Just because it's not your idea of endgame doesn't mean it isn't there.

Does anyone here remember the original Diablo? You actually had to restart the game several times to get to the lower levels (you were descending from the cathedral down into hell), because the enemies got stronger faster than your own levels. And after you'd beaten Diablo? You could do it again in nightmare and hell modes. Maybe you want nightmare and hell modes like in the Diablo franchise?

What I'm trying to say is this: This game isn't like WoW or other games where there's a really clear sense of progression (with ever-increasing stats on ever-increasing tiers of better gear), and i don't think it aspires to be that.

I get that isn't everyone's cup of tea. And if you can't motivate yourself to seek a challenge on the lower planets and try out different things, then please don't. Play it for fun, and as long as you're having fun.

This kind of thread's been posted over and over again, but since DE couldn't satisfy some of the player base, I would like to share some of my 'fun' in Warframe.

I came across this game last winter and got hooked in the very first sight. Of course the fun now and then are different, they share one thing.

It's the interaction with the devs. I've never really interacted with the developers of the game this much and that makes the game more fun.

I await for the new contents in a different posture. The clumsy and buggy new contents actually make me wait for them to fix, that's another fun in a sense. Others can say it's just annoying as fk, but seeing how this game's been growing that way, glitches and flaws in gameplay do not bother me that much.

There are awesome customization options too, I just like coloring things differently and equiping weapons according to the themes of the warframes. For instance, Ash with dread, despair and hate/dragon nikana just makes the game fun and sufficient to play any content of the game. I don't just try to optimize a build for Warframe, I try to give the weapons that I feel comfortable and appropriate.

I don't know, I just look for things and things don't look so grindy anymore.

I have over 2,000 hours logged. Mastery Rank 17 and I've leveled almost everything I could get to 30. I only have around 10 weapons with catalyst and forma. 

I play this game because it's fun. My favorite being defense and survival missions. I play it like a hack and slash game. I think you're focusing too much on it being a progression game.