Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Balance Between Solo And Co-Op Difficulty

Plorf

I actually find solo missions to be easier? At least in Assassinations. I was farming Saryn parts at Sedna and Kela would take a bit of a while to die, even when I casted Molecular Prime, with a full team. The guys ended up quitting because the Systems weren't dropping and I decided to solo it. I rushed through the place and killed her in less than 3 seconds, without even using MP.

I only find survival to be tough when solo'ing and more because of the fact that lesser enemies are being killed, so less life support drops.

Solo play is in a nice place, to be honest. As for co-op, unless they capped what sort of gear you could take into lower levelled missions (don't do this... please), easy missions will be roflstomped. If you want non-trivial co-op, head into a non-trivial mission.

I think it's sad that the void is the only place you'll find non-trivial missions being run by other people.

There are great tilesets out there with mid to high level enemies (lv 20-40) but nobody plays on the nodes that usually require co-oping save for the few nodes that have stayed as popular farming nodes. (xini, sechura, boss nodes, etc., etc.) I wish more people would play the intermediate to high level missions on nodes on neptune, uranus, pluto, ceres, eris, and europa, but for some reason, everyone seems to enjoy hanging out on the really low level "beginner" planets (note, this opinion does not include those that are considered veterans that go to the beginning planets to help new players).

Edited by GhostSwordsman

I would suggest having co-op slightly scale to total team conclave rating, but we all know how that would turn out. *inserts rage on forums and in-game from post bosses scale to team conclave rating buff a few updates ago*

Though I'll admit, fighting Lephantis when he was level 70 was a ton of fun.

That would work out best for when you have that one guy who has to bring there high conclave gear in and make it super difficult for the rest.

But ya, everything is cool when you're part of a team.

Everything is awesome!

The solo aspect's difficulty comes primarily from the fact that you're all alone and the only way to revive is spending a revive. Neither of these things would translate well to coop.

agreed

I find the game is a lot more fun playing with low level players, simply because they arent rushing and the firefights last longer than half a second.

Same here. And alot of the time the low leveled players appreciate the help.